• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Shutter Island really freaked you out, because how can you ever be sure you're not delusional?

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
You honestly take various Myers-Briggs tests and consistently get the result "INTP". That's how I figured it out, anyways.

You do all this and still have doubts that you are in fact INTP.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
...When your avatar is a picture you found while surfing the web for 5 hours or another one of the things you obsess over.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You continue to doubt your INTPness even though the majority of the forum claims you are one. I'm majorly guilty of this!

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
when no one can figure out what's wrong with you (not for lack of trying) yet you know exactly what's wrong with them ... but you're not interested in the obvious anyway

...?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When even your serious research constantly segues into new knowledge that you pursue down the rabbit hole because you just cannot help yourself :happy2:

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
...or when you look at a thread like this and think of the possibilities for a great giggle book if the forum owner chose!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shutter Island really freaked you out, because how can you ever be sure you're not delusional?

when you didn´t need a movie to get you on to that idea, because you have been wondering about this since early childhood.:headphne:

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
You know you are a dork, but you find it weird that you are not after high grades, and you are not exactly that math bookworm either. And then you start thinking that you're probably a maverick dork, and keeps on wondering why your Ti works better than everyone else's.

Here here! :)

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
You know you're an INTP when you can't give a definitive answer to the question "A group of us are going to xyz this friday, do you want to come?".

My answer to that is nearly always 'Thanks for asking, I'll see how I go' and leave it wide open.

An ISFJ friend of mine used to *always* try to pin down what we would do on a Friday night in advance. Drove me nuts and it took me a while to work out a tactful way to not be locked down by her plans.

You know you're an INTP when you read this and one of your friends immediately comes to mind, followed by feelings of contempt; then, you realize that such feelings are irrational since that is not the current case and dismiss said feelings, then wonder if your assessment of them being irrational was correct.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
They are standing back and observing things without getting into the fray...with either a look of impatience, boredom, or amusement.

AHAHAHAHAHA! I was at a party a few days ago, and spent a lot of time standing back watching people's facial expressions and body language (sincere smiles, insincere smiles, etc).

I was pretty awesome! (until, of course, I saw a beautiful girl then didn't know what to do about it...)

When you think that 'concept' is a synonym for 'plan'.

Wait, it's not?

When you agonise over how to precisely word your thoughts on "You know you're an INTP when...".

This is sooo my dad. (AH! I just sounded like an SP!)

You are listening to someone pondering, and grasp on to an idea they've given immediately trying to test and strech it.

Ah, I understand; however, I don't *always* try to test/stretch it. Although, sometimes I literally stretch it and expand its scope (and ultimately fail)

...you unconsciously (or uncaringly) 'lead others on' with your ambivalence.

*sigh* Too true...

...you (sometimes?) reject feelings as ridiculously variable/unpredictable and illogical, and look with distaste at anyone who suffers from such an affliction... luckily you don't have any feelings!

We do, we do! As long as they're logical.

..When someone says something subtle, unimportant, and untrue, and you feel the (nearly) irresistible urge to correct them..

But they're wrong!
duty_calls.png

In the midst of something happening to you, you already start reflecting on it in retrospect.

Um, no. Well, maybe. *looks upon that in retrospect* Ok, perhaps I do it.

... you can organize your arguments but not your room.

*looks around* Woah, are you stalking me? Where are you?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
repeatedly take mbti test in hope of being ENTP

You've tried to become ambidextrous

have 4 or 5 close friends who you never shut up around but your virtually silent around everyone else

Never given a birthday/christmas card or present

A stranger innocently smiles at you and you have to tell yourself to smile

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
When your ambivalence toward the personal defines you.

EDIT: Also when you originally write 'ambivalence to,' but the construction somehow having felt wrong, you Google it and correct the text to 'ambivalence toward,' knowing that had you not done so you could not have lived with yourself.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Putting on argyle socks is your primary means of indulging in fashion.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When your ambivalence towards the personal defines you.

EDIT: Also when you originally write 'ambivalence to,' but the construction somehow having felt wrong, you Google it and correct the text to 'ambivalence toward,' knowing that had you not done so you could not have lived with yourself.
FYP.:D <--Ti edit

(You can live with yourself, since you're American.) <--(inferior) Fe edit

This idea of something "not feeling right" is interesting. Who is this internal grammar Nazi who so often knows when you've fucked up, but who doesn't manage to communicate that fact to you until after you've constructed a sentence?? Not very efficient, for a Nazi. <--Ne/Si tangent ------------------------------------------------------------------->

[edited to remove lots of rambling speculation and questioning of the nature of consciousness and ego] <--final Ti edit