User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

When you assume the worst case scenario but brainstorm possible pros out of it:

"The world is going to end today, but at least I won't have to do that assignment which was due in tomorrow..."

Until you're more disappointed when the worst case scenario doesn't actually happen.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know you're an INTP when you can't give a definitive answer to the question "A group of us are going to xyz this friday, do you want to come?".

You know you're an INTP when you can cause an INTJ to total rethink their view of the world with one sentence.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    You know you're an INTP when you can't give a definitive answer to the question "A group of us are going to xyz this friday, do you want to come?".
    OMG. This is so funny. I know an intp like this. He's got a bad case of not being able to make social plans. Even when its like "hey, there's y going on in 5 HOURS. do you want to go?"

This gets under my skin.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post

"The world is going to end today, but at least I won't have to do that assignment which was due in tomorrow..."
    LOL. I call it constructive pessimism.

That would require that I first know what I want. Nay, what Iwill want at a future point in time. Highly unlikely.
    I tend to just answer at random and then back out later if I said "yes". Or regret it if I said "No".
    Shit we are ANNOYING!

You know you're an INTP when you're the last one at work on a Friday night because you were late every morning this week and had a 3 hour lunch-break today where you lost all track of time browsing the psychology section of that new bookshop - that you went into to buy a book on time-management - picking up half a dozen titles, (none of them remotely related to time-management) then discovering at the till that you've forgotten your wallet and leaving the store empty-handed. And hungry. Not to mention missing that important meeting and in the process pissing off your boss who already thinks you're an irritating, cantankerous, know-it-all. Then making yourself late for the train home by writing about it to a bunch of strangers on an obscure forum.

Oh no, that would just be me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    LOL. I call it constructive pessimism.

That would require that I first know what I want. Nay, what Iwill want at a future point in time. Highly unlikely.
    I tend to just answer at random and then back out later if I said "yes". Or regret it if I said "No".
    Shit we are ANNOYING!

You know you're an INTP when you're the last one at work on a Friday night because you were late every morning this week and had a 3 hour lunch-break today where you lost all track of time browsing the psychology section of that new bookshop - that you went into to buy a book on time-management - picking up half a dozen titles, (none of them remotely related to time-management) then discovering at the till that you've forgotten your wallet and leaving the store empty-handed. And hungry. Not to mention missing that important meeting and in the process pissing off your boss who already thinks you're an irritating, cantankerous, know-it-all. Then making yourself late for the train home by writing about it to a bunch of strangers on an obscure forum.

Oh no, that would just be me.
    omg i love it! you guys are similar to us enfp's in this way i think...how funny.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You know when you're an INTP when during a conversation, your questions sound like statements. You're not really interested in what the other person has to say at all, but you're trying to steer the conversation into more interesting territory by getting them to talk and hoping something intriguing emerges.

MBTI
    INTP

My answer to that is nearly always 'Thanks for asking, I'll see how I go' and leave it wide open.

An ISFJ friend of mine used to *always* try to pin down what we would do on a Friday night in advance. Drove me nuts and it took me a while to work out a tactful way to not be locked down by her plans.

You know you're an INTP when you can cause an INTJ to total rethink their view of the world with one sentence.
    I've only done that once.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post

Until you're more disappointed when the worst case scenario doesn't actually happen.
    too true.

Also: you know you're an INTP when you can foresee that someone will draw unnecessary and false conclusions (for better or worse) from a statement you make, but insist nevertheless on not giving a preamble/postscript to the statement because, well, that's their faulty logic and why should you baby-feed them?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Got that right. I get the willies just thinking about it. I have no idea what I'll want to do on Friday night a few days in advance. Will I feel like going out? Will I feel like hanging out with a group of people who are acquaintances at best? If I know that I don't want to do it, am I going to be seen as the office snob for going ahead and saying no? Will being seen as the office snob have longlasting and far-reaching effects that will make me cranky for years to come? Y'all just THINK it's a simple question.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

... you get so lost in your maze of thoughts that you don't know how to extricate yourself from it.

.. but you try doing it with alcohol, and you end up feeling shittier.

.. when you're surprised that a simple shower could lift your moods.

... when in one of the rare days where you feel alive, your Ne is on full-swing and you just have fun and be all quirky, but then the next day your Ti is back on full force -- all realistic and cynical -- and other people just get offended that you're not in your playful mood like you were yesterday.

.. when you get all depressed over the realization that life is finite and you get all angsty and shit and continue sitting at the computer (aptly applies to INFPs as well)

.. when a validation of your opinions by someone who's willing to debate them makes you feel truly competent and happy.

.. when there's something to learn everyday.