User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

You know you're an INTP when you can plan out a rational defense to your irrational aversion to plans
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You cancel those plans to attend the Battlestar Galactica fan meetup when you realize it requires actually leaving your apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    You resist the urge to correct the spelling of "frakkin'," which you know because you've seen it in print from an official source. *applies loser smilie to self*
    HAHAHAHAHA :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    ... when you explain something in vivid detail and still doubt whether you have left something out and if people understand what you say.

... when you explain the framework and leave out the details and think people understand what you say.
    Yep, it's one of these or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Or the notion of eating does enter your mind, but place it on the backburner for "more pressing matters" (the internet).
    Yes, eating is simply procrastinated upon a little, it is not forgotten. Some things simply must wait with all of those wrong things on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    When you research INTP and cognitive functions to a great depth only to find out that the logical conclusion of your type is INTP. Yet you are still not positive ...................since there are still un-answer questions. There is still much more you need to know to come to closure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    You honestly take various Myers-Briggs tests and consistently get the result "INTP". That's how I figured it out, anyways.
    ^This x 100. All of these other ways are just confirmations of this previous knowledge. Much searched for confirmations though, since certainty is a foreign concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    You try to think of masterful schemes to become an ENTP.
    And never go through with them. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    ^ Epic FAIL. You are a confused E; otherwise you'd scheme to get the ENTP to stfu.
    Well, I do not think of becoming an ENTP, but of masterful schemes to become more like one... while knowing due to all that in-depth research on the types, cognitive functions, and the consistent results on the Myers-Briggs, the only logical 'conclusion' is that I am an INTP and the only thing that may change is gaining a little more interest in Ne.

but closure is still a dirty word, so it is fun to play around with typology a bit

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    You overuse words like theoretically, possibly, precisely, hypothetically.
    Theoretically, posssibly. But how precisely this is overused by INTPs is still only being seen hypothetically....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

...when you bump this thread hoping to get even more data about how to excessively confirm one's INTPness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

when you have 10969 "funny" pictures on your disk, of which your friends think that 90% aren't funny at all(because they don't get the insider jokes!).
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You've posted over and over again inquiring about your own INTPness yet you never feel sure because there's always new data coming in that you have to consider.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    ...when you bump this thread hoping to get even more data about how to excessively confirm one's INTPness.
    Lol, guilty. I keep getting INTP, even though I suspect myself to be an INFP...after taking the MBti 10 times on separate times and getting INTP on all of them. I later confirmed INTP after getting annoyed with all the lovey-dovey/sentimental talk after reading pages and pages worth of various INFP descriptions.

...it doesn't matter if someone mocks your style of dress, but a rebuke towards your competence in work/school brings a crashing wave of acute depression.
    When you feel the inherent need to correct someone when they mis-use a word like "toward," unless you are in Europe. (Towards with an 's' is traditionally used in British English, FYI) However, you end up not doing it in public, especially if it's with a girl.

... when you explain something in vivid detail and still doubt whether you have left something out and if people understand what you say.... when you explain the framework and leave out the details and think people understand what you say.
    Definitely.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

when you start to talk with a clear thought of what you want to say, then after expressing 4-5 words get irritated about how that sounds and start over. And after a few attempts give up.

MBTI
    INTe

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    I later confirmed INTP after getting annoyed with all the lovey-dovey/sentimental talk after reading pages and pages worth of various INFP descriptions.
    Many INFPs have said the same thing. The error probably lies in the descriptions, not your self-appraisal.

MBTI
    INTP

When you agree with everything proposed in a 17 page thread designed to confirm the possibility of being an INTP