User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I am not an INTJ and I have never been on one of these sites LOL so excuse my presence but I just wanted to join in anyway.. I have a really good friend who met his current girlfriend on a dating site and although they get on very well together they seem to have more of a 'friendship' than a romantic connection. They are very compatible ie they have lots of the same interests and seem to have a similar personality style but it seems to lack a little spice to be honest with you and I have spoken to him about his feelings for her and he seems to be very luke warm which is unusual for him. I am not saying it is because they met on a dating website this is ancedotal but has put me off them!

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Dating sites have never worked for me. Most of the emails and winks I get are spam (often from different regions).
    Maybe this is why dating sites never work for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfurher
    Holy crap, I just got an email from someone from True.com. This time from a Catholic blond. She had no picture of herself, but she is from the same county as I am. I can only guess that she's a typical American preppy whore. She was creepy as hell. Can't respond to the email because I don't have the money to pay for the site.

I don't know if creepy is the word to describe it. But the message read, "hey [berfhrer], whats up? so, my name is [edited out]. wanna talk and get to know each other?"

No one has ever asked me that before, so while the message is not that creepy, the fact that she tried to contact me indicates that she is probably creepy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

I don't do matchmaking but I did use to play for cataclyst. My shy female friend would see a guy she deemed hot but wasn't sure how to get his attention. I'd come up with a way to talk to him, introduce the two, and excuse myself to go to the restroom. By the end of the evening, they were usually a couple

On the other hand, I've met most of my bf's online (I like to date geeks), and it is really one of the best ways to meet other people, in my experience. Dating sites I've never done, but I can see it appealing to the INTJ's efficiency. You instantly know what you're going to get, as their personalities and interests are usually very well advertized
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Maybe this is why dating sites never work for you...
    I still don't see any reason why they wouldn't work for me. (Other than the fact they're not free.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INTJ's need friends who like to play match-maker.
    I think there are a few types who could use that...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThatGirl

I don't trust online dating. Gives people too much time to present ideal responses. I have to be able to Ne someone before I can asses. Without that its a waist of time IMO.

That said I've heard INTJs prefer one on one time to get to know people so I don't know how it would work for them. Possibility. Just be careful.

And last if you want to head your profile with I'm an INTJ go for it. I was laughing with INTJ friend of mine talking about walking around wearing type name tags. Surely ENTPs would wear them on their ass.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I don't do matchmaking but I did use to play for cataclyst. My shy female friend would see a guy she deemed hot but wasn't sure how to get his attention. I'd come up with a way to talk to him, introduce the two, and excuse myself to go to the restroom. By the end of the evening, they were usually a couple

On the other hand, I've met most of my bf's online (I like to date geeks), and it is really one of the best ways to meet other people, in my experience. Dating sites I've never done, but I can see it appealing to the INTJ's efficiency. You instantly know what you're going to get, as their personalities and interests are usually very well advertized
    Well advertised is definately true. There just seems to be something about it that I love/hate, both equally and at the same time. The organizing side of me likes the fact that these 'personalities' are supposed to mesh with mine (its one of those sites that grills you intensively on personality questions when you sign up)... but sometimes I can't help but feeling like I'm flipping through a catalog looking for a nice pair of shoes or something lol. I feel like I'm holding each match up to me going 'Hrm. How would this look with those jeans'. Its so... disconnected and cold.

I'm a bit of a romantic on the inside, despite the exterior... but I have serious doubts about actually being able to find someone in this way. The expectation of 'we're going to date' once the conversations start kind of scares me lol. I don't have that usual time to process and get to know the person WITHOUT them trying to impress me (which is where the real stuff is usually at) so I feel like I'm ... (ugh) missing a lot of 'data' at the onset.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    What dating site are you using
    SO not telling

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Well advertised is definately true. There just seems to be something about it that I love/hate, both equally and at the same time. The organizing side of me likes the fact that these 'personalities' are supposed to mesh with mine (its one of those sites that grills you intensively on personality questions when you sign up)... but sometimes I can't help but feeling like I'm flipping through a catalog looking for a nice pair of shoes or something lol. I feel like I'm holding each match up to me going 'Hrm. How would this look with those jeans'. Its so... disconnected and cold.

I'm a bit of a romantic on the inside, despite the exterior... but I have serious doubts about actually being able to find someone in this way. The expectation of 'we're going to date' once the conversations start kind of scares me lol. I don't have that usual time to process and get to know the person WITHOUT them trying to impress me (which is where the real stuff is usually at) so I feel like I'm ... (ugh) missing a lot of 'data' at the onset.
    So you're looking for the ones who aren't trying, but rather are just going about themselves however. Right?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    So you're looking for the ones who aren't trying, but rather are just going about themselves however. Right?
    Yeah I guess thats about right. People who fall straight into 'infatuation' with someone they've just met and start making all these plans without knowing them at all kind of weirds me out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)