User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Riddles!

MBTI
    ENFP

You guys are overthinking it.

Train stations. Seriously. You hop on them to go to work, along with rush hour people that head to the nearest industrial center. Other ties they head home. Even though there will be as many west bound as east bound the time of day is different. Since it's a Saturday and he doesn't work chances are he's leaving at the somewhere near the same time and will always end up either on the homeward bound train or the workbound train.

MBTI
    enfp

lets say he lives right in the middle of the two stations.

and lets say the east bound train arrives every hour, say 2:00 pm

west bound train arrives every hour, but at 2:05 pm

usually he will end up taking the east bound train, unless he arrives between the zero and the 5 minute hand.

btw, i advise adam to get a damm car. you have no right dating two girls if you can't even drive and see them equally, or drive them around.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ooh, I didn't see this thread before! I haven't read any of your solutions to riddle 2 yet, so here is my contribution. This one was really easy (and easy to read...more than a few lines and my mind is in la la land), so that's why I picked it .

Okay:

If we assume that Bob (correctly) chooses the door to freedom when he goes through door 3, then that automatically means that the other two doors have dragons behind them.

Since the other two doors do in fact have dragons behind them (as deduced above), then we know that their signs are not lying.

Since we know that at least one sign is lying and one is telling the truth, and we know that the signs on door 1 and door 2 are telling the truth, then we have to conclude that the sign over door 3 is lying.

Since we know that the sign over door three is lying, and the sign says that the door to freedom is not behind the blue door, then we can conclude from this that freedom is in fact behind the blue door.

And finally, since we know that door 3 is the door to freedom, and we know that the door to freedom is blue, we can conclude that door 3 is the blue door.

Sorry if this is redundant. Someone post some other short logic ones!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    enfp

okay, I have a brain teaser. I was given this during an interview.

Say you are 1/3 of the way inside a tunnel. Behind you, you hear a train approaching.

If you head back towards the entrance of the tunnel, you will barely miss the train about to hit you. If you go towards the end of the tunnel, the train will barely miss you as well. How much faster is the train than you are?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

So much algebra for such a simple answer.

v/v' = 1/3

MBTI
    enfp

^ haha

correct! train is 3 times faster

when i did it during the interview, i drew a picture of the tunnel and train to visualize it.