User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: IQ? ASVAB?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    my iq is about 130-140, conventional tests don't really go above 140. you have to get a specially designed, highly difficult test if your iq is above. my asvab was 94. i scored a 29 on my ACT: 95th percentile. they all seem to correlate pretty well.

Yeah, that's what I had remembered from taking this in high school. I scored the highest you could get on the IQ part, which the guidance counselor told me was about equal to 140. I don't know if I'd have the patience or the inclination to take the Mensa test or anything.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTj

My IQ must be sky high cuz Einstein himself said he could not teach me a single thing!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    My IQ must be sky high cuz Einstein himself said he could not teach me a single thing!
    that could also mean you're scary dumb.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Wait a second, Einstein died in 1955!

You must be exceedingly old, and yet you know how to use one of these computin' machines. No, nothing adds up about this at all...
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

115 for an online IQ test. AND I WILL BRAG, because it's different.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    115 for an online IQ test. AND I WILL BRAG, because it's different.
    115 on an online test pretty much means 100 on a real weschler.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP

In all seriousness I think my IQ has declined over the years. In elementary school I used to be pretty smart. As the years went on however my score normalized. At least based on the more "standardized" tests which were somewhat unfair because they were dependant on specific ingrained knowledge.

The SATs bombed my previous level of achievment. I got an 1870 on them which was an 88 percentile score then, I don't know what it is now. But I didn't have the privilege some of my friends had in taking higher level courses and my scores reflected that.

We had a kid in our class who got a perfect score. He was on a bunch of my soccer teams as well.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Ok couple of things here.

ASVAB is the US military's test to find your mos(job). 99 is the highest. There is and never was a 100.

The test you take in school (cat-asvab known as the pre asvab) is now computerized. It is scored much differently and has very little reflection on the real asvab. It is often used to get you to go to the recruiter so they can take you to the local DEP to take the real asvab test.

My IQ is 136 (internet tests are not a reflection of real IQ) That study of presidents earlier was shown to be a fraud. Stephen Hawking has a verifiable IQ of 160, the mensa test is around 250. Highest IQ ever recorded is Marilyn vos Savant with 167+.

I scored a 95 on the asvab. It was the highest score my rss had ever recorded in 2000. Ive only met one person who could prove they had a higher score, thus the percentile ranking.

That said, the asvab is not an IQ test. It is a battery used to determine your capability to do certain jobs in the military. If you score over 90, you will can do anything you want in any branch. I believe a low 80s score opens up all intel options in the usmc.

You simply can not correlate your IQ with the test you took in highschool unless you chose to enlist. The difference is the same as the PSAT to the SAT.

If you score over a 90 on the asvab or a 110 on a verifiable IQ test, then congratulations you is smartz.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    In all seriousness I think my IQ has declined over the years. In elementary school I used to be pretty smart. As the years went on however my score normalized. At least based on the more "standardized" tests which were somewhat unfair because they were dependant on specific ingrained knowledge.

The SATs bombed my previous level of achievment. I got an 1870 on them which was an 88 percentile score then, I don't know what it is now. But I didn't have the privilege some of my friends had in taking higher level courses and my scores reflected that.

We had a kid in our class who got a perfect score. He was on a bunch of my soccer teams as well.
    At the time I took the Sat's the highest score was 1600 with additional tests available for physics and other areas.

The new SAT's score up to 2400. A 18-1900 would be about a 1250 on the old test. A very good score, but not as high as it sounds. For example Rice accepted a minimum of 550 or so on each when I was in highschool. 1100+ MiT would have wanted at least a 700+ in math. At the time a 1560 was 99.5% above all over test takers. That would be todays equivalent of over 2300.

MBTI
    INxJ

never taken ASVAB (going to look into that), and 136 on IQ. Haven't taken it in a couple of years, though.