• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What are those bitches in the NF private forum whining about now?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Has anyone noticed how the thread title is cut off from the end of "bithches"? :devil:

Does one have to be NT to notice the thread is about NF? :D

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Language controls thought. I just read an article this morning about Orwell: "He believed that bad language and bad politics were one and the same," the author said. Interesting -- maybe food for another thread?...
We might focus on precision in the text: Words in relationship to themselves, detached from the human objects they point towards. Other people do have emotional overtones (and sometimes far more) attached to those pointers. That's where THEIR sense of nuance comes into play.

Well I tend to weigh words pretty heavily. As far as their (un)truth is concerned, that's true (hehe...). I guess I tend to separate their literal content from their effect...

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Well I tend to weigh words pretty heavily. As far as their (un)truth is concerned, that's true (hehe...). I guess I tend to separate their literal content from their effect...

That would make the B-word all the more inappropriate, wouldn't it?
Still, I see no reason to seperate conotation and denotation and thus lose the richness of language...

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm tired of the humans referring to the females of their kind as "bitch".

I'm here to take the word back.

How about deleting the word from existence?

*sigh* If that were only possible...

This is so rare that it almost never happens. People usually get the idea if you chastise them severely enough and quickly enough.

That may stop them, but on a large scale, it exacerbates the problem. If they internalize what has been said about them, their behavior will worsen.

If they in fact are the sort of person who gives a damn in the first place. Then you can't do anything. It won't work.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That may stop them, but on a large scale, it exacerbates the problem. If they internalize what has been said about them, their behavior will worsen.

That's one of the problems with things like this. Squashing the behavior just drives the resentments deeper. It can't provide long-term solutions.

It's just it has to be balanced with the idea that permitting certain behaviors sometimes can also cause them to race out of control, if people enjoy them

If they in fact are the sort of person who gives a damn in the first place. Then you can't do anything. It won't work.

yeah. in terms of what I said above, controls work on people who are sort of indifferent to the whole thing and so they'll just stop doing it to avoid punishment. For those who are vested in the behavior, prohibiting it just builds tension.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well since I call myself a bastard or son of a bitch all the time, it should all equal out right?

PS It is all about tone and context, as in all colorful adjectives. It also really depends on the person.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
NF forum: Either something about love. or emotions. I should be more accurate than a dragunov SVD about this.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
There is something called a euphimism treadmill. You call someone retarded, and every starts calling people they don't like retarded, and things they don't like retarded, until it has nothing to do with being retarded. So then it becomes the term "special" and after a while people use that AND retarded, and two terms that were okay are now taboo.

It seems like with swears it does the opposite. They are taboo, but eventually start being used more and more. Think n*****, as well as bitch and other.

To be honest, I hate it when people are like "This would not be okay for me, so It cannot be okay for you!" In my group of friends we use every swear word under the sun (as well as alot of eloquiant words, ussually ofset by the random f*** hole jesus f***, great job Swifty McNoskills), even the c-bomb, and so doesn't my girlfriend, and she is completelly fine with it. Because we don't let words have power over us.

Do I say it around her mom? Or in public, loudly? No...but just because people would bitch. Its like the magical lumberjack used to say "I don't give a hell about your feelings, if they are stupid."

Usehername

On a mission
Words don't carry with them an instructional dictionary definition to be precisely used in every conversation... in conversation, people mean, words don't mean. Thus, intent/motive/character/subtext/context is everything in language. Dictionary definitions are almost irrelevant when you're in a conversation. And thus, communication is so tricky because no two people think exactly the same way about any one word.

So the sensitivity non-NTs have toward language is perfectly logical. In fact, I don't even understand what this thread is about other than the frustration that comes with activating a feeler's feelings, throwing the onus on the other rather than examining what we ourselves can do to increase (a) our conversational skills and (b) our imagination which allows us to perceive what a word might mean to another.

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So people keep complaining about NFs but I just checked out the rest of the private forums and well SJs of any variation freak me out! so much. I recognize they have a larger majority, but man they freak me out. Usernames like DisneyGeek and Giggly? American flags plastered everywhere... just thought I'd put that out ther

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
obvious%20troll.jpeg