• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What are those bitches in the NF private forum whining about now?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
btw, I actually don't mind being called a bitch.

Then again, I've never been called that in the context of an LTR or just in passing conversation with strangers. I'm just thinking in terms of, "If I'm in the middle of an argument and going toe-to-toe."

T

ThatGirl

The word bitch has just as many implications as any other slang, asking for its discontinued use over one context seems like over kill. I just dont understand all the threads latley that are not providing specific situations, rather random displays of frusteration for anonomous offences.

Maybe I wasnt looking hard enough, but I can't decide without the info as to whether it was justified or not.

That said what is the big deal with words they are interchangeable titles that do not specifically create the person so what does it matter?

I myself called at least 30 people bitches today. more biatch but still

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
This thread just proves the NT mentality. I don't think we can fully comprehend just how easily and totally statements, actions, and words can be internalized, especially when they are more along the lines of impersonal or objective. It is actually really funny even our more serious posts are somewhat detached, descriptive, and enlightening and show a surprising ability to consider perspectives.

Last edited:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And maybe you can just do the good ol' NT-"detachamundo" trick...

I'm not being facetious when I say that I don't understand how people navigate life without this tactic.

I suppose that speaks more of the gradual (and largely complete) ossification of my mind into the framework I'll carry around the latter half of my life than anything else, though.

T

ThatGirl

Who cares, Im a bitch you're a bitch were all bitches bitches. *high five*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who cares, Im a bitch you're a bitch were all bitches bitches. *high five*

Shut up, bitch!

This thread just proves the NT mentality. I don't think we can fully comprehend just how easily and totally statements, actions, and words can be internalized, especially when they are more along the lines of impersonal or objective. It is actually really funny even our more serious posts are somewhat detached, descriptive, and enlightening and show a surprising ability to consider perspectives.

Yeah, you're just a wannabe suckup bitch.

;)

As far as what you actually said, I know I've told others -- in terms of how to interpret me -- that when I sound serious, I'm also joking... and when I'm joking, I'm at least partly serious. It's usually some mix, not one or the other.

I'm not being facetious when I say that I don't understand how people navigate life without this tactic.

I don't either. I just know they can't.

In a somewhat related anecdote, I might end up Ignoring an ENFP on a different forum. She can't detach and she's hounding me via PM there to argue why her advice for a situation in my life is imperative for me to follow... although i already explained that I had already thought of all those things years ago. (She talks so much that she listens not at all.) Based on what shows up in my box today, I expect to have to block her messages. I didn't even know who she was until two days ago, yet she's investing all this obnoxious energy because she somehow feels personally involved.

Ugggh. I don't get that. And it must be hard for her, I imagine; she irks me, but I feel bad that she feels that level of investment in things that aren't her business.

Most NTs would just decide, "Hey, you've thought about it, I see now, so good luck," or "Hey, be stupid if you want, I gave advice, and at this point it's none of MY business."

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The thing I don't get is taking words seriously. There are two parts to any experience, the experience itself and your reaction. If someone sounds like a cretin, that's on them. I may publicly notify them of their transgression by shaming them publicly, but I will not attempt to create more rules or modes of social control.

You don't have to 'get it' just know it happens. If you don't care about how your words may affect others than fine but expect consequences you may not like, if you do care than act accordingly.

This thread just proves the NT mentality. I don't think we can fully comprehend just how easily and totally statements, actions, and words can be internalized, especially when they are more along the lines of impersonal or objective.

I think we can. At least we can gain an understanding of how others may perceive them simply by listening to what they say even if it doesn't affect us the same way.

OMG! Are we actually talking about this now?
What have I done?
What have I done?

To make you feel even more icky, this is full of on-topic love and just for you --> :hug:

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
The thing that irks about NFs is they have this Intuitive coolness but they're too content to keep it inside a fuzzy little box. Go ahead, let loose. You're not going to hurt my feelings!

:D

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
The thing I don't get is taking words seriously. There are two parts to any experience, the experience itself and your reaction. If someone sounds like a cretin, that's on them. I may publicly notify them of their transgression by shaming them publicly, but I will not attempt to create more rules or modes of social control.

This is why, I think, the human race as a whole is being held back intellectually. We still allow our own constructs (words, in this case) to affected our feelings and actions.

Where are our robot overlords to show us the way already?!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why, I think, the human race as a whole is being held back intellectually. We still allow our own constructs (words, in this case) to affected our feelings and actions.

Since we "think" with words, i.e., they provide the "software language" our hardware runs in order to act and speak, how are we supposed to process feelings and actions without them?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Such selective disparity. We're quick to take offense at apparent "weakness" while thumbing our nose at the notion of being "offended."

Petty hypocrisy.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Since we "think" with words, i.e., they provide the "software language" our hardware runs in order to act and speak, how are we supposed to process feelings and actions without them?

I didn't mean to get rid of them entirely. I just don't get the point of being offended by them. They're only words and they only have as much meaning as we give them, so why let them affect us if we have control over their power?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
It is ironic, though, that us INTP's are sometimes so obsessed with precise language...

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'd be lying if I said their posts didn't irk me slightly. I'm irked I wasted the time reading through them, I think this thread isn't really necessary and only validates their smiley-filled rants.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The thread title is out of line, I wont read anything written here

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread reminds of the game little kids play "I'm not touching you"

I'm not touching you either.

I didn't mean to get rid of them entirely. I just don't get the point of being offended by them. They're only words and they only have as much meaning as we give them, so why let them affect us if we have control over their power?

I feel sort of stuck in both worlds. I understand how to be detached from words and free. I also understand how words and language define who we are. Looking back at my childhood, I remember being able to impersonally analyze the situation and critique words aimed at me by people who hurt me, who I should have been able to trust; yet I was also deeply wounded by them, no matter how much my "brain" told me it didn't matter. I see both. We're not machines.

Language controls thought. I just read an article this morning about Orwell: "He believed that bad language and bad politics were one and the same," the author said. Interesting -- maybe food for another thread?

Much of the detachment INTPs practice (especially when younger) occurs because they naturally avoid intimate relationships with others. So of course we're not impacted by words -- we're not impacted by anything because we've put a buffer around ourselves.

But I guarantee that if you let yourself get close to someone, really close, and thus vulnerable to them and even dependent on them in some ways (*gasp!*), words start mattering.

This is what the rest of the world does understand. Not just in our personal relationships but in our public ones: Words and what names we assign to what things or what groups of people shape cultural thought, they shape public policy, they shape how we raise our kids.

We might focus on precision in the text: Words in relationship to themselves, detached from the human objects they point towards. Other people do have emotional overtones (and sometimes far more) attached to those pointers. That's where THEIR sense of nuance comes into play.