User Tag List

123 Last

Default imagination - all INXX's, not just NT's

one thing I find from bein inxx is that my main point of reference is my imagination, which I then project onto reality (imagination may well in turn be a product of said reality but it's been so reconstructed that it can't be said to be a proportionate or rational response to it). so, I have a very clear view of the world which makes perfect sense to me, but little evidence. this can annoy people. maybe we should beware of it? but anyway, this is also a tribute to imagination - not necessarilly coming up with nayhting of use to anyone else or worth sharing, just the fun of sitting there, thinking up scenarios and building stories. raise a glass to it I say! and share anything imagination related if you want. I don't know. it's your thread now. be imaginative.
    dead man talking

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Qui Parla View Post
    so, I have a very clear view of the world which makes perfect sense to me, but little evidence. this can annoy people. maybe we should beware of it?
    I experience this and I have read it is a side effect of Fi. I can see it so clear in my mind, but translating to the world is something I have difficulty with. It is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I experience this and I have read it is a side effect of Fi. I can see it so clear in my mind, but translating to the world is something I have difficulty with. It is frustrating.
    I don't really have trouble explaining it.

just backing it up with evidence.

it's like, I imagine it in imaginary scenarios, and think the same principles must also work in the real world.
    dead man talking

MBTI
    type

it's like, I imagine it in imaginary scenarios, and think the same principles must also work in the real world.
    And then either succeed gloriously or fail spectacularly.

Imagination is great for word play.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I find that if I can imagine something and I can see how it works in the real world I tend to do it wrather than explain it that way my genious is concretely seen wrather than conceptually questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I find that if I can imagine something and I can see how it works in the real world I tend to do it wrather than explain it that way my genious is concretely seen wrather than conceptually questioned.
    your modesty isn't seen though
    dead man talking

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Here's a blog I posted about my idea for a new form of capital punishment, since we're talking about imagination:

The Spin Chamber: This one's kinda awesome and messy. Basically, the condemned will be taken into this chamber and have his arms and legs tied to the walls. Once the chamber closes, The executioner will switch the power on and the spin chamber will go round and round. Eventually the condemned will spin so fast that the centrifugal force from the center of his body will push his insides towards the outside, leading to a messy, but satisfying explosion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

For the first -- and probably the last -- time in my life, I am going to invoke the Eighth Amendment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

your modesty isn't seen though
    My modesty only gives me trouble or prevents me from realizing my dreams. I actually have to get over it every time I pull a "do it like this..." *demonstration* type action. It's actually far from automatic and takes a bit out of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    For the first -- and probably the last -- time in my life, I am going to invoke the Eighth Amendment.
    Here's a more humane idea I have:

Behold, The Power Guillotine.

While the traditional Guillotine is exclusively operated by the natural laws of gravity, I have found a more effective way of quick head-chopping.

The original guillotine design is flawed because of the blade's unpredictable effect. A blade stalling partway into the neck would, of course, increase the agony of this theoretically quick and painless execution method.

I propose the blade should be attached to electromagnetic motors on either end of its track, which would dictate a more mathematically predictable and constant velocity for decapitation. Due to the installed motors, the blade would encounter less resistance when hitting the neck.

Furthermore, the blade should be red hot. Since beheading is notorious for its messiness, a red hot metal blade would, of course, cauterize -- think of it as a lightsaber.

EDIT: In addition, for an open casket at the condemned's funeral, I propose that the mortician should stitch and then weld the head back together with the body.