• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] imagination - all INXX's, not just NT's

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
one thing I find from bein inxx is that my main point of reference is my imagination, which I then project onto reality (imagination may well in turn be a product of said reality but it's been so reconstructed that it can't be said to be a proportionate or rational response to it). so, I have a very clear view of the world which makes perfect sense to me, but little evidence. this can annoy people. maybe we should beware of it? but anyway, this is also a tribute to imagination - not necessarilly coming up with nayhting of use to anyone else or worth sharing, just the fun of sitting there, thinking up scenarios and building stories. raise a glass to it I say! and share anything imagination related if you want. I don't know. it's your thread now. be imaginative.

heart

heart on fire
so, I have a very clear view of the world which makes perfect sense to me, but little evidence. this can annoy people. maybe we should beware of it?

I experience this and I have read it is a side effect of Fi. I can see it so clear in my mind, but translating to the world is something I have difficulty with. It is frustrating.

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
I experience this and I have read it is a side effect of Fi. I can see it so clear in my mind, but translating to the world is something I have difficulty with. It is frustrating.

I don't really have trouble explaining it.

just backing it up with evidence.

it's like, I imagine it in imaginary scenarios, and think the same principles must also work in the real world.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find that if I can imagine something and I can see how it works in the real world I tend to do it wrather than explain it that way my genious is concretely seen wrather than conceptually questioned.

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
I find that if I can imagine something and I can see how it works in the real world I tend to do it wrather than explain it that way my genious is concretely seen wrather than conceptually questioned.

your modesty isn't seen though ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a blog I posted about my idea for a new form of capital punishment, since we're talking about imagination:

The Spin Chamber: This one's kinda awesome and messy. Basically, the condemned will be taken into this chamber and have his arms and legs tied to the walls. Once the chamber closes, The executioner will switch the power on and the spin chamber will go round and round. Eventually the condemned will spin so fast that the centrifugal force from the center of his body will push his insides towards the outside, leading to a messy, but satisfying explosion.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
For the first -- and probably the last -- time in my life, I am going to invoke the Eighth Amendment.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
your modesty isn't seen though ;)

My modesty only gives me trouble or prevents me from realizing my dreams. I actually have to get over it every time I pull a "do it like this..." *demonstration* type action. It's actually far from automatic and takes a bit out of me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the first -- and probably the last -- time in my life, I am going to invoke the Eighth Amendment.

Here's a more humane idea I have:

Behold, The Power Guillotine.

While the traditional Guillotine is exclusively operated by the natural laws of gravity, I have found a more effective way of quick head-chopping.

The original guillotine design is flawed because of the blade's unpredictable effect. A blade stalling partway into the neck would, of course, increase the agony of this theoretically quick and painless execution method.

I propose the blade should be attached to electromagnetic motors on either end of its track, which would dictate a more mathematically predictable and constant velocity for decapitation. Due to the installed motors, the blade would encounter less resistance when hitting the neck.

Furthermore, the blade should be red hot. Since beheading is notorious for its messiness, a red hot metal blade would, of course, cauterize -- think of it as a lightsaber.

EDIT: In addition, for an open casket at the condemned's funeral, I propose that the mortician should stitch and then weld the head back together with the body.

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
one thing I find from bein inxx is that my main point of reference is my imagination, which I then project onto reality (imagination may well in turn be a product of said reality but it's been so reconstructed that it can't be said to be a proportionate or rational response to it). so, I have a very clear view of the world which makes perfect sense to me, but little evidence. this can annoy people. maybe we should beware of it? but anyway, this is also a tribute to imagination - not necessarilly coming up with nayhting of use to anyone else or worth sharing, just the fun of sitting there, thinking up scenarios and building stories. raise a glass to it I say! and share anything imagination related if you want. I don't know. it's your thread now. be imaginative.

Yay for imagination! I love thinking up designs (when I was little I used to draw house plans for fun).

I also can't help but run an instinctive threat analysis constantly in my mind [for example: while walking down a back ally between two rows of buildings I imagine all the different places someone could hide/attack from and how I would respond to the threat]. It's come in handy for choreographing theatrical stage fights. I love going back and watching the DVD of the duels I coached for a production of Shakespeare's Scottish play. :happy:

I'm also doing the art for a graphic novel an INFP friend is writing. Imaginative happiness aboundeth.

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
Here's a more humane idea I have:

Behold, The Power Guillotine.

While the traditional Guillotine is exclusively operated by the natural laws of gravity, I have found a more effective way of quick head-chopping.

The original guillotine design is flawed because of the blade's unpredictable effect. A blade stalling partway into the neck would, of course, increase the agony of this theoretically quick and painless execution method.

I propose the blade should be attached to electromagnetic motors on either end of its track, which would dictate a more mathematically predictable and constant velocity for decapitation. Due to the installed motors, the blade would encounter less resistance when hitting the neck.

Furthermore, the blade should be red hot. Since beheading is notorious for its messiness, a red hot metal blade would, of course, cauterize -- think of it as a lightsaber.

EDIT: In addition, for an open casket at the condemned's funeral, I propose that the mortician should stitch and then weld the head back together with the body.

Hah, very creative. I love your avatar. Have you read Taming the Prince, by any chance? It's Straussian application of Machiavelli to the modern executive. :devil:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yay for imagination! I love thinking up designs (when I was little I used to draw house plans for fun).

I used to draw mall layouts for fun as a kid. My grandmother always took me to the mall simply because I had unusual childhood interests. And then I began dreaming up my own layouts and made the map with the store legend and so forth.

I also went to a lot of movies as a kid, and then I started making my own up in my mind and acting them out. Even going as far as designing the credits for this imaginary film. I always loved staying for the credits after a movie. I still do it out of habit. I also drew the posters for my movies. Never got around to making them, however. I can't exactly afford my George Lucas greenscreen studio.

And I also used to play Sonic the Hedgehog games and the original Legend of Zelda. They inspired me to make my own world maps of the different levels. With Zelda, I made my maps of the underworld levels, but my own designs just happened before I realized that the levels in the game had different shapes resembling different animals. Hence, my levels were more abstract shapes.

Atomic Fiend

And I also used to play Sonic the Hedgehog games and the original Legend of Zelda. They inspired me to make my own world maps of the different levels. With Zelda, I made my maps of the underworld levels, but my own designs just happened before I realized that the levels in the game had different shapes resembling different animals. Hence, my levels were more abstract shapes.

I had a platformer game world designed in my head, several in fact, a mix of the open endedness of the GTA world, elimininating the need for world gates like in Mario 64, you could head from a street world to the space world if you knew how, and another world was based off of the clock town from Majora's Mask.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a platformer game world designed in my head, several in fact, a mix of the open endedness of the GTA world, elimininating the need for world gates like in Mario 64, you could head from a street world to the space world if you knew how, and another world was based off of the clock town from Majora's Mask.

The idea I had for a Grand Theft Auto game was to have kids among the civilians. It would make it much more realistic. (But no dogs, please. I can't tolerate animal cruelty.)

I had this idea for a Grand Theft Auto movie, as well. It would be a three-hour Peter Jackson-esque special effects extravaganza, in which the first hour would involve development of the cast of thousands, the second hour would be about developing a plan to take over the city, and the third hour would be realizing the plan and fighting the competing gangsters.

The third hour would be like the bloodbath grand finale. In which the protagonist would have developed superior armor to make it very difficult for him to be gunned down. He would start shooting pedestrians and even gathering up some hoodlum followers to assist in his plan to become the ruler of the city.

Somewhere in the film, I also had the idea of creating a mad scientist (to appease the German stereotype) who works with but is neutral to all gangs. One of the antagonistic gang leaders in the film would get blown to bits, and the German scientist would collect all the pieces and use his superior attention to detail and patience to sew him back together and restore him back to life!

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Heh, I used to do that, too, but used an architecture computer program. When I was *very* little, I called my wild scribbles "machines." They all worked, in my head.

Also, when eating pretzels or carrots, I would imagine that my teeth were blades in a sawmill, and the pretzels were logs. Sometimes I still do that. :blush:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This here is an idea I came up from listening to Jazz Suite No. 2: 6. Waltz II by Dmitri Shostakovitch. I first posted it at INTJ Central.

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
I used to draw mall layouts for fun as a kid. My grandmother always took me to the mall simply because I had unusual childhood interests. And then I began dreaming up my own layouts and made the map with the store legend and so forth.

Hah, I used to make up menus with prices & such for imaginary bakeries and restaurants

I also went to a lot of movies as a kid, and then I started making my own up in my mind and acting them out. Even going as far as designing the credits for this imaginary film. I always loved staying for the credits after a movie. I still do it out of habit. I also drew the posters for my movies. Never got around to making them, however. I can't exactly afford my George Lucas greenscreen studio.

Yeah, I stay for the credits too. And actually read them. I used to like awake at night thinking how I would have changed a movie I'd just seen to make it better, or what I would have done for the sequel and how the characters & plot would develop.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm an ENxx but my childhood was apparently rather similar to most in here. I would take action figures or dolls and create entire stories around them. Some would be planned though most would simply made up as I went along, especially in the case of those inspired by video games such as Sonic the Hedgehog (I developed a hobby of collecting every video game figure I could find so that they could act in my versions). Basically, the chair and couches would be the various platforms while taller items such as cupboards would serve as buildings. There were also rather obvious forms such as lamps that would be used to act as trees. Later on I decided to put together a few simply drawn comic books based on a fantasy world I created. The goal was less on character development and more so based on how many weird characters, places, stories, and situations I could create. The end product was that I came up with something somewhat similar to Zelda but all in all I ended up with around six books from this particular series each of them with an aim of being around 100 pages each. Only the 1st one really reached this length while the quality began to degenerate after book 4; the 1st one was great, the 2nd was meh-ish, the 3rd one was my personal favorite, while the 4th one was as good as the 1st one. Each of these books covered a different stage in the characters life (childhood, adolescence, adulthood) so considering the fact that the character had reached adulthood by book 4 it definitely should've ended there. Finished up with the series at around age 10 and they still make good bases for the fiction I think of today (some of the smaller points have even carried over to my other works).

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
Heh, I used to do that, too, but used an architecture computer program. When I was *very* little, I called my wild scribbles "machines." They all worked, in my head.

Oh man, I've ALWAYS WANTED one of those programs!

Also, when eating pretzels or carrots, I would imagine that my teeth were blades in a sawmill, and the pretzels were logs. Sometimes I still do that. :blush:

Ack! I did/do that too :)

Now, did you ever imagine that you were a monster and bite the heads and limbs off of animal crackers/gummi bears? Or tear gummi worms apart and rearrange the color segments?