• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] your daily invention

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Patent XYZ-T9000,

"The structure borne sound machine"

A combustion engine is run on an engine test for prolonged time. A sensor measures the vibration and noise it makes. Then, when different parts of the engine break, it's recorded by the noise analyzer.

Optimal Outcome: To detect upcoming engine damage, via change in the range of the vibrating noise and as a result to develop an intelligent on board computer.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I invented something today... but then I decided it would be mostly unmarketable and realistically useless, so I forgot about it.

But if I'd spent my time on it, boy, you'd be impressed... :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
A means of explaining automotive issues visually to customers using a remote computer access program like that used in conference calls, along with pictures of the engine itself, then simply using a pen or mouse to draw and write on the engine picture explaining what's going on to the customer who sees the picture on the other end.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I invented something today... but then I decided it would be mostly unmarketable and realistically useless, so I forgot about it.

But if I'd spent my time on it, boy, you'd be impressed... :D

*ignoring mode on towards the loud mouth wannabes* :D

A means of explaining automotive issues visually to customers using a remote computer access program like that used in conference calls, along with pictures of the engine itself, then simply using a pen or mouse to draw and write on the engine picture explaining what's going on to the customer who sees the picture on the other end.

the question tho that remains would be: do most customers want so much information at all. I always meet rejection, when I dont explain things in one easy graspable sentence.

I tend to explain advantages of cars like this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52cK8KXHZE"]:D[/YOUTUBE]

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
^^ While that's often the case, I got this idea as I listened to a mechanic try to explain what was going on to a customer. Recognizing his frustration as he tried to explain his visual comprehension of the issues in the English language that was not totally fit for what he was trying to describe, I figured some sort of visual aid would help both the mechanic and the customer interact with one another.

The photographs help remove the necessity for a simple graspable sentence, as multiple levels of cognition and symbolism are engaged simultaneously.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Absolutely. There was a nice advertisement for a car where the seller explained all the technical components with "noises" he made with his mouth simulating the sound during operation of the component. I sadly dont remember what car it was for, but I am gonna post it when I find it :D

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
*ignoring mode on towards the loud mouth wannabes* :D
Don't hate me because I'm practical...

But I did refine Wade's slow alarm clock idea back there to include your addition. Use a higher frequency for the alarm so that only your much younger trophy wife can hear it, then she can wake up first and oblige ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Don't hate me because I'm practical...

But I did refine Wade's slow alarm clock idea back there to include your addition. Use a higher frequency for the alarm so that only your much younger trophy wife can hear it, then she can wake up first and oblige ;)

as you say my master :)

------------

Here i found the spot about the advertisement :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyZmXtocGQ"]xD[/YOUTUBE]

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Ooh, here's another one: a microphone that's attatched to a lie detector, for politicians. When it senses that you're lying, it turns off :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thats a good one, I even couldnt identify with that, therefore I couldnt take it personal :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ooh, here's another one: a microphone that's attatched to a lie detector, for politicians. When it senses that you're lying, it turns off :D

It certainly would be nice, if completely implausible

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
so i just found out what fuzzy logic is

its pissing me off because i've been using that 'style' of programming for quite a fucking while without realizing what it is

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Duct Tape Launcher:

Directed by an extremely miniature camera built into one's glasses, this device launches a strip of duct tape onto the mouth of whoever you're looking at, effectively shutting them up after they say something aggravatingly stupid and/or condescending.

The launcher connects to one's belt loops and is the size of a cell phone, for ease of transportation and aiming purposes.

Made by STFU Inc.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Duct Tape Launcher:

Directed by an extremely miniature camera built into one's glasses, this device launches a strip of duct tape onto the mouth of whoever you're looking at, effectively shutting them up after they say something aggravatingly stupid and/or condescending.

The launcher connects to one's belt loops and is the size of a cell phone, for ease of transportation and aiming purposes.

Made by STFU Inc.

You really have to check your inventions against the law first, otherwise you can get into huge troubles. Thats like the day I invented the daily jerking machine that always says with a mechanical voice "Nice boobs dude" if you get a boner :D.

You cant imagine how sensitive some people are, if they have to hear it several times, while you are making coffee :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I came up with a really good concept earlier today - and of course completely forgot it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A US man has been arrested and charged with drink driving after he crashed a motorised bar stool.

The 28-year-old man invented and created the bar stool which he says can reach speeds of 38mph, reports the Newark Advocate.

Motorized%20bar%20stool.jpg

Police reports said he rolled the Frankenstein-esque lawnmower and bar stool combination on his way home from the pub in Newark, Ohio.

The man claimed the bar stool could reach speeds of 38 mph on its five-horsepower engine but that he was travelling at about 20 mph when he crashed it.

He allegedly admitted to drinking about 15 beers when interviewed by police at hospital but insisted that was after the accident.

“I was riding bar stool and I wrecked. I wasn’t drinking when I wrecked, I drank afterward because my head hurt," he told WCLT Radio.

:rofl1:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Last week I had another "vision" I guess you could call it for another invention. I called it the gyroscopic electrical generator. It was a bunch of synchronistic events that led me to think of this idea. The underlying principle of the gyro generator is to turn torque AKA a moment into angular momentum, to drive and and use the principle of gyroscopic precession to gain a certain kind of circular leverage(only what I call it) that applies to the gyro(normally used to detect and measure angular rates of change, but instead is used as a rotor in this setup), to increase the efficiency of the generator by a rough estimate of maybe 2-5 times the output(with same input) of a conventional alternator/generator by increasing the rotation speed(RPMs) of the main rotor through this leverage.

I also did a little research into it to see if someone already invented it and it seems like there arn't much if any commercial sale of such a device. There seems to be a couple companys starting up claiming they have pretty much exactly what I thought of but they are not selling a product yet.

Furthermore it is kind of secretive, the website says, "How Does The Generator Work? I'm not going to tell you how this generator works because of intellectual property issues." Perhaps because the idea is fairly simple yet ingenious. Gyro Kinetic Generator
emphasis on "Gyroscopic Forces (which few people really understand)"
It's true few really understand gyroscopic forces, including myself, I do however own a gyro of my own that I play with, so I have observed the effects of the gyro for many years.

I drew a rough outline of it (from only one perspective), but it's just a doodle and after I think of the best way to design it I will make a more concrete draft of it to actually build.

picture.php

I will admit that I am reluctant to give every bit of information to invent this thing, I feel like I worked for it. However I will post my little doodle, because it lacks details of all perspectives and you can't even make out the words, it poorly reflects the actual 3-D idea, I only drew it so I won't forget. I will also try to show you this special kind of leverage you can take advantage of using gyros.

Rate Gyros
I will be using the rate gyro setup images from this website as reference.

actually to be continued.... I gotta go do something.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Take a blast cap and place it in the lid of a soda bottle with a a small BB between the lid and the cap. Tpe over it with skotcht tape. Fill the the soda bottle with tide and gasoline. Put the cap on the bottle and now place it in a potatoe launcher.
Cheap and effective mortar shells.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What's with you americans and gyroscopes ? :D You seem to have a knack for letting things rotate in perfect balance dont you ? :D

I got an idea today regarding a more efficient way of combustion and less fuel spent after I read something in a magazine. I tho was sitting on the toilet while reading and something else in the magazine caught my attention and I forgot the idea.

I have been trieing to remember for 4 hours now. I am sure tomorrow it will come back !