• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] your daily invention

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But when you repeatedly test the limits of your engineered tolerances, you may cause structural fatigue, which will result in eventual failure of the system.

Fuck that, I build a new one then :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Finally have some time spare with holidays approaching and so I finally finished the engine control for my project to build a automated turf cutting robot.

Its not programmed yet and I just figured, I will need to build a in-system-Programmer for it, because I am tired of handling those little chips with 28 legs. I always break them :D

Bild084.jpg

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I came up with an idea for an antiquity-era Seige Machine I titled the "line breaker"... and it's the only thing I'd post here since you can't make any money off of it! I'll try to get a picture of it, but it would basically be a horse-powered wedge that would be used to break appart Phalanx formations.

ygolo

My termites win
Always wise to not have to pop chips in and out for programming.

Something I like to mention in design reviews (which I don't get invited to any more, because our group is huge now, and that role is reserved for "technical-leads").

I wish I had your motivation for hobbies again.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I tried to solder this for like a month now, but I never got to it. This week is the week, where I am having that much work to do, I havent had in all the year. And now I get the idea of finally soldering it.

Maybe that enlightens your motivation also. I came to know, when I am most occupied with things, I get alot done. When I have got to much time spare, I do nothing :).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just conceived the idea for having lava pits on the side of highway roads to weed out the bad drivers.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I invented the Pogina, it's basically a potato that happens to be an exact replica of a vagina. It will function equally well as a vagina or a potato though when you eat the Pogina you will actually end up with a full stomach!

I'm going to be selling seeds at a discount to all MBTIc members soon.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Electromagnets controlling the valves of a combustion engine, instead of a camshaft. Reducing fuel consumption + more power :D

valve.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A pump that injects compressed air into the closed engine air intake to compensate for the loss of power @ low rpms in turbocharged diesel aggregates.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I wish I had your motivation for hobbies again.

seriously...these days im more into engineering social situations than anything concrete and smart

Maybe that enlightens your motivation also. I came to know, when I am most occupied with things, I get alot done. When I have got to much time spare, I do nothing :).

must be an entp thing...im most efficient when im jugglilng a whole buncha things...

wonder if i should get efficient in my relationships...hmmm

i came up with an idea to mass produce electricity using magnets but then got stuck cuz i would need a perpetual motion machine to get everything working....then a very pretty girl walked by wearing a shirt which said 'im smart too' and i got a bit distracted

nucleaReligion

MBTI Type
ENTP
The list of debatable future/current invention ideas:

-An hydroelectric engine (still working out the kinks...it was originally designed as a dam when I was 8, but has evolved since..)

-Current Project #1: Increasing the efficiency of solar panels (I have a hunch that Euclidean geometry isn't helping with efficiency)

- A robot that cleans dorm rooms

-An alarm clock that plays random sounds to wake you up every morning (baby crying, girlfriend accusing you of cheating on her, the sounds of a bar, woman sighing in ecstasy, motorcycles, the ripped macho man at a gym talking down to you, the radio news broadcast of FDR's fireside chats, etc.)

- Windmills that catch more wind

- glow in the dark nacho cheese (I have no clue why I still want to do this, but it's from when I was 12...I still think it's a cool idea, although a bit weird at the same time)

-Current Project #2: A proximity alarm program for computers...when the proximity is tripped, the computer goes into safe mode or locked....for when you are on sites that you aren't supposed to be on...or when your top secret plans could be revealed. Also, fun to use as a prank :D

P

Phantonym

I'd love if somebody could make a gadget with what you could download your thoughts from your brain to a computer in a nice and neat text format.

Couldn't be bothered with the actual making of the thing though. Just throwing out good ideas for others to pick up :whistling:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Patent XYZ-LOLZ-4500:

Thermosiphonic effect used to aid in the cooling of combustion engines.

Studies show, modern cars used in urban conditions are destinied to be moved not more than 4 - 6 miles on average. Under that conditions the engine oil wont heat up properly and wont work at peak efficiency to minimize friction between parts and therefore to minimize fuel consumption.

The thermosiphonic effect is a closed coolant circuit around the aggregate, consisting of a hot and a cold zone. The fluid heated up by the engine has a lower specific density due to the fact that its hot and the cold fluid, being cooled down in a fan-pipe system has a higher specific density. Therefore in a closed system the fluid starts to circulate on its own trieing to compensate for the differences in density.

This particular system to cool an engine needs a coolant pump only as an ancillary unit. The pump will stay switched off, after the engine is started and therefore the engine will heat up more rapidly. Pumps are constructed to cool the engine at peak efficiency at peak output but if the engine runs at partial load, the coolant pump does cool too much and prevents the engine from getting to a proper operating temperature.

The thermosiphonic effect will let the engine oil reach its operation temperature much quicker and therefore minimze fuel consumption, when the car is moved for only short distances. On longer distances the coolant pump will be switched on periodically to maintain a proper operating temperature but because its not always on, the energy it normally would consume will be preserved and fuel consumption will be reduced again.

Anyone wants to sponsor me for a prototype ? I think 5-10% of lower fuel consumption is possible :D

ArchitectofFate

MBTI Type
ENTP
Patent XYZ-LOLZ-4500:

Thermosiphonic effect used to aid in the cooling of combustion engines.

Studies show, modern cars used in urban conditions are destinied to be moved not more than 4 - 6 miles on average. Under that conditions the engine oil wont heat up properly and wont work at peak efficiency to minimize friction between parts and therefore to minimize fuel consumption.

The thermosiphonic effect is a closed coolant circuit around the aggregate, consisting of a hot and a cold zone. The fluid heated up by the engine has a lower specific density due to the fact that its hot and the cold fluid, being cooled down in a fan-pipe system has a higher specific density. Therefore in a closed system the fluid starts to circulate on its own trieing to compensate for the differences in density.

This particular system to cool an engine needs a coolant pump only as an ancillary unit. The pump will stay switched off, after the engine is started and therefore the engine will heat up more rapidly. Pumps are constructed to cool the engine at peak efficiency at peak output but if the engine runs at partial load, the coolant pump does cool too much and prevents the engine from getting to a proper operating temperature.

The thermosiphonic effect will let the engine oil reach its operation temperature much quicker and therefore minimze fuel consumption, when the car is moved for only short distances. On longer distances the coolant pump will be switched on periodically to maintain a proper operating temperature but because its not always on, the energy it normally would consume will be preserved and fuel consumption will be reduced again.

Anyone wants to sponsor me for a prototype ? I think 5-10% of lower fuel consumption is possible :D

what the.... this is the same thing as thermodynamics o_O
nice invention though

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
currently in the works:

steam distillation of various herb/plant alkaloids

straightforward demonstration of how to use alternative methods to promote alternative energy/sustainability, and decrease pollution/create a positive home environment

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what the.... this is the same thing as thermodynamics o_O
nice invention though

You mean this is a thing from thermodynamics :).

To use the effect in combustion engines happened the last time 70 years ago, when engines didnt get that hot, so the effect would suffice to cool them.

Mercedes Benz is currently patenting the old effect for their new models and future engines will have this kind of technology.

You really have to learn the difference between new ideas and things you can make money with ;).

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I have invented a way to conquer the world and I am not going to tell anyone about it. :D