• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] your daily invention

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
An apparatus for combustion engines consisting of a y-axis flexible channel ring and a piezo element.

The channel or ring is mounted circular around either the ignition coil in a gasoline engine or the fuel injector in a diezel engine.

If combustion takes place in the cylinder, the ring is pushed upward and contracts the piezo element resulting in an electric current. The current, over amplifiers and A/D-changer will be measured as a sinusoidal function with a high frequency.

From the amplitude of the function then can be derived what the average combustion pressure in the cylinder is, resulting in a more realistic surveillance system for measuring the inner combustion. Which allows for better valve timings, resulting in less fuel consumption and more power.

piezo_1.png

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I did the most wrong thing one could ever do in his life today...

I sent an inventor home with his ideas :(.

I am working for the department of economical growth of my hometown at the moment and we are constantly looking for talents. So we met that 80 year old guy with two PhD in engineering and he wanted to propose an idea to us.

He wants to build a wind energy converter that uses some of the power its generates to do an electrolytic reaction in water and produce oxygen and hydrogen. There is a lot of oxygen used in the production of steel in my hometown and the hydrogen of course will be an important energy source in the future (engines, turbines and of course fuel cells). So this idea is not new and because my hometown is building a wind energy converter atm, we thought he would propose a concept to build an extra module for the converter to produce the oxygen and hydrogen with.

But instead he approached us with a revolutionary idea of an alternative construction for a new wind energy converter. The idea is brilliant, no doubt, but the money to fund its development is lacking of course.

So we had to dismiss him and to send him home. I was deeply sad. I told him he could try and speak to my hometowns university maybe they have some connections or he can think about becoming an entrepeneur with his idea (tho he is already 80 years old, he got two sons both engineers and they surely can help).

But he instead found excuses for not doing what I proposed. I firstly thought he is intj, cause he was very concentrated and had a large repertoire of knowledge but after he went off on tangents several times in the interview, I was convinced he is entp :).

And the excuses he made in the end, for not having the guts to run his own business, convinced me he is.

I just hope, I will have the guts when the time should come one day.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I today invented the impact drilling machine IDM with introverted Impacting and extroverted Drilling. Also its temperament is machine or robot as PinkPiranha likes to call it. I guess there are things like this already but this one is pneumatic. They have got to beat that !

Schlagbohrmaschine.JPG

Pneumatics arent good when you need alot of power. I dunno if you get enough power for this with pneumatics, but i wouldnt be so sure that you do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok I ordered my Proxxon MF 70 today, my first on portal mill :D :D

27110.jpg

I thought about different things to mill with it as a first project. And I got inspired when I went to a shop last tuesday to buy birthday gifts.

There were little things around $30 - $80 that call itselfes "table fountains". Like here:

menhir-springbrunnen-aus-grnem-schiefer-2-5_z2.jpg

So I thought as a 1st project I do mill a pump. I thought about taking a fan, who can output high torque ( got all sorts of DC engines lieing around ) and then I mill a metal casing for it to shield the magnets of the fan and make water able to flow from one connector to the other.

I got all kind of esoteric shit laieing around and when I assemble that with the pump and build in some lights to make the water change color, I can build a little colored table fountain.

Would be cool, I just never built a AC power supply with a rectifier but from what I found so far, they are quite easy.

What you think, can one sell that stuff for some $ on ebay ? Someone has to tell people they need esoteric shit like that :D !

I am very looking forward to the day they ship my mill to my place. So freaking cool to have a thing like that at home :D