• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ronery

ygolo

My termites win
I feel like this:
[YOUTUBE="bDBcGzHAt5Q"]ronery[/YOUTUBE]
minus the megalomania and inflated self-image.

What should I do?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
f_killselfm_fb2f565.jpg

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I get ronery too, have you tried meeting anyone?

Do you have any crose friends?

Are you ronery for companionship in generar, or are you ronery for a romantic rerationship specificarry?

ygolo

My termites win

That makes me laugh, as does Team America.
Now I have two things that'll make me laugh when I feel lonely. (I'm using NLP there, you see?)

I get ronery too, have you tried meeting anyone?
Not in a while, not seriously anyway. I just don't feel I have much to offer.

Do you have any crose friends?
Yes, I think so. Most are from work or chess-club.

I also have long-term college and high-school friends scattered around the country--we tend to meet-up every year around New Year's.

I'd like to think I am making close friends on this board too. But, I suppose it takes some time being that it is such an abstracted form of interaction.

Are you ronery for companionship in generar, or are you ronery for a romantic rerationship specificarry?

Probably a bit of both, but more of the latter. Like I said, I just don't think I have anything to offer, but I still have a strong drive for it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pfft, ygolo you have sooooooooooooooooo much to offer, you are crazy intelligent and sweet, what more can a woman ask for??!?!?!

Also you are coming to the So-cal meet up, right?

:)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This song's much better.

[youtube=UlIDp7Rk2Ag]Feist: Lonely, Lonely[/youtube]

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
It surprises me when interesting people with something to offer shortchange themselves while bozos who should regroup think they're the second cumming. Unfortunately, refusing to meet someone because of your mindset only reinforces the mindset because you don't let other people appreciate the good qualities that you are blind to.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
We're all here with you, ygolo.

For my faith in humanity, the lovely need to pair up.

I think you'll have lots to offer. Your sensitivity is one of them (a big, cuddlesome one). Are there other parts of your character you take pride in?

ygolo

My termites win
Pfft, ygolo you have sooooooooooooooooo much to offer, you are crazy intelligent and sweet, what more can a woman ask for??!?!?!

Also you are coming to the So-cal meet up, right?

:)

Thanks for the compliment CC.

I guess the main things would be energy, enthusiasm and being more communicative.

As long as I don't have to work that weekend, I'll be coming down.

This song's much better.

That is better.

The other one just cracked me up. If we can laugh at our own pain, the battle is half-won.

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, ygolo. :hug:

Thanks Tallulah.

It surprises me when interesting people with something to offer shortchange themselves while bozos who should regroup think they're the second cumming. Unfortunately, refusing to meet someone because of your mindset only reinforces the mindset because you don't let other people appreciate the good qualities that you are blind to.

I'm not really refusing to meet someone, but I am avoiding getting into a relationship. I kind-of believe it would be unfair for the woman...I guess I see what you mean.

I am saying "she can do a lot better," when it is really her choice if she can or not.

But relationships are not something I enter into lightly, and I believe I need to become a better person before trying again.

We're all here with you, ygolo.

For my faith in humanity, the lovely need to pair up.

I think you'll have lots to offer. Your sensitivity is one of them (a big, cuddlesome one). Are there other parts of your character you take pride in?

Thanks again.

Frankly, being "sweet" or "sensitive" are not things I see as purely positive in the first place, though I realize there are positives to it.

As far as taking pride in something... I would say honesty and sincerity are somethings I take pride in.

I really dislike misleading people, and I try to catch myself doing things with ulterior motives. I'm not saying that I don't lie or mislead people. But if I did, even if it seems like a minor deception, I feel extremely guilty. Of course, the main exception is when I'm joking.

The main (serious) times when I do lie or mislead is to protect either my privacy or my autonomy. People manage to extract commitments from me when I really don't want to commit--I commit usually to keep them from bugging me more. Then, I have commitment, and often they are hard to keep due to other priorities.

I'm a person with flaws, and I am slowly coming to accept that. But I don't want to stop striving towards ideals, because then it feels like my soul is drying up.

MadamI'madaM

MBTI Type
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TquraKmOPo"]Lonely, Lonely, Lonely...[/YOUTUBE]

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm a person with flaws, and I am slowly coming to accept that. But I don't want to stop striving towards ideals, because then it feels like my soul is drying up.

Perhaps those ideals will change and develop into something different once you've paired up. Perhaps pairing up will help you meet them.

It's natural. I say go with the feelings as they arise.