• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Easy, calm down, easy easy

T

ThatGirl

Getting in touch with your inner consistancy.

Is this an E P N T thing?

I have found that I am not consistantly anything. Except in thought.

But i have this tendency to rush into things guns ablazing, soaking up everything I possibly could, then walking away. Unfortantly this extreme nature can be a bit of a burden sometimes. It confuses other for one. It makes impossible demands on you like, "I know your capable of this and this and this, do it now" When people assume that in the off times your being lazy. No one can run at such a quick rate all the time, but when I am all consumed I am more intrigued and comfortable. But yes then you need to stop and take stock of everything that you need to analyze that you didn't while you were running with it.

How do you learn to be slow and steady?

Any of you have this problem?

Good description of what I am talking about

you'll incubate your thoughts for a long time and then, out of nowhere, want to apply them directly. The benefit is that your thoughts are original and when applied correctly, they can be very successful. The problem is that others around you have not been clued into your thoughts until you're ready to run with them. They have not been prepared to assist you.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow, that's an awesome description. This is pretty much the story of my life :p.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yeah, i can relate. I try to fix it by imagining how it comes across to the person on the other side of the nuttiness, because otherwise I assume they know where I'm coming from/going with something . . . usually incorrectly. Often the "come again?" will help to clue me in that I need to slow it down and lay the groundwork/context more before jumping in using my own incubated ideas/language.

ygolo

My termites win
I can relate to this and I am about as Introverted as it gets.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's an N thing! It's a P thing! Maybe it's an NP thing? Let's spin the wheel!

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Could be, I probably made a mistake here.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I'll raise a hand on the "me too". I find I have to recognise when I'm getting into that mode and stop myself to think about it first. I have to make sure I have the time for it as well as the energy and then I do my best to pace myself. Doing this I actually managed to get my room clean yesterday with out the burn out in the middle.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Its a TJ thing not a P thing. TJ's are prone to overworking themselves to achieve some impossible goal. I gnerally piut play before work, and i onlt work only when i see some enormous beneift and personal gain out of it. Work that involves wasting energy is not worth my time. such as gaining the approval fo authority.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww I've found my home. I can totally relate to all of that. The inconsistency comes from the NTP need to constantly analyze every angle of everything to death, and the accompanying realization that it's really damn difficult to find ways to rationalize all of one's beliefs and behaviors into one cohesive and all-consistent whole and still have time to live life and entertain everyone with our brilliance!

21/m ENTP here, by the way, who would love to meet some interesting ENTP females. I've dated ENTJ, ENFJ, ENFP, INTJ and even INTP, but I just can't find myself a sweet, smart ass ENTP lady! Where are you? :(

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know about sweet but I think ThatGirl would qualify for the smart ass requirement.