• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Meant to say--thanks for the perspective, bluebell. Very helpful!

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Also: if INTPs here at MBTIc would like to offer some constructive criticism about INTPc and why they prefer this community I encourage you to post them in this thread.

I post on both, but the discussions at MBTIc seem to have more energy owing to conflicts of personality. Go figure. :D

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I loathe INTP central. It's like the gamespot of psychology forums. Just as intolerant and closed minded.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
A question, why was the entjforum thread deleted but this thread has 33 pages? I understand that the admin is an INTP but that isn't fair.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INTP Central and Typology Central are under the same management. Other forums are not.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
It's about posters. When you put a lot of INTP's in one place, things get really tense due to all the values from everyone, and not all of them are mature enough to be diplomatic and reasonable.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Also, I have a suspicion that the Typology Central people here are older than the INTP central. I have yet to meet another person here who is still in high school.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's about posters. When you put a lot of INTP's in one place, things get really tense due to all the values from everyone, and not all of them are mature enough to be diplomatic and reasonable.

I've gathered that it may be because half of the INTPs there are actually INTJs, we all know that they don't get along particularly well :D

... I think :unsure:

Also, I have a suspicion that the Typology Central people here are older than the INTP central. I have yet to meet another person here who is still in high school.

Mortabunt, Hommefatal, Antimony and possibly Cloud. They are the only ones I know of, but there's not all that much of an age gap really, age doesn't always mean everything. There are some really dumb unbalanced old people in life that are easily out done by the young ones. There was a thread about age at INTPc at one point, most of them were about 30~50, or didn't reply. There was one 14 year old, and a few 20s here and there.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mortabunt, Hommefatal, Antimony and possibly Cloud. They are the only ones I know of, but there's not all that much of an age gap really, age doesn't always mean everything. There are some really dumb unbalanced old people in life that are easily out done by the young ones. There was a thread about age at INTPc at one point, most of them were about 30~50, or didn't reply. There was one 14 year old, and a few 20s here and there.

Hi.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Costrin is crazy. ARe you sure he's only 17 or however old he is?

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I was not a big fan of typo, initially, but I've warmed up to it quite a bit since the fluff hammer fell on INTPc. I still post over at INTPc, but a good bit of the topics have felt diluted lately, ironically enough.

I think there's a shift occurring on INTPc right now, and it's hampering some of the good intellectual flow I've seen there in the past couple of months. Hopefully it will come back to life here soon. I think the fluff hammer had the effect of over tempering the social aspects of the forum for newer members, while simultaneously encouraging it in the older members. I don't post there less often because I choose to, I just can't seem to find as much of interest to talk about, recently. I imagine it will loosen up its girdle a bit soon, though. In the meantime, Typo gets to put up with the lions share of me. :devil:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Seriously, how old is costrin? His avatar made me LMAO!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Are you sure that there isnt a 6 in front of it. :rofl1:.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Those people on INTP central are bastards, or maybe they're more bastardly and poisonous when they are all together on their own forum. I can't write anything over there without being brutally bashed, treated like scum, and made to feel unwelcome. A few of the threads can be interesting to read, but for me posting there is like a minefield. The INTP's seem to be much better behaved on this forum. INTP Central is like a nest of snakes. It might be kind of interesting to look at, but you wouldn't want to step into it. In contrast, the INTJ forum is like a Zen Garden. It kind of boring, but it's safe and peaceful.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Those people on INTP central are bastards, or maybe they're more bastardly and poisonous when they are all together on their own forum. I can't write anything over there without being brutally bashed, treated like scum, and made to feel unwelcome. A few of the threads can be interesting to read, but for me posting there is like a minefield. The INTP's seem to be much better behaved on this forum. INTP Central is like a nest of snakes. It might be kind of interesting to look at, but you wouldn't want to step into it. In contrast, the INTJ forum is like a Zen Garden. It kind of boring, but it's safe and peaceful.

Really? I hadn't noticed you getting reamed over there. You only have like 7 posts anyway. Unless you have a dupe I'm not aware of.