• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've not been there. I came to learn about other people. I don't expect to learn much in the midsts of a bunch of INTP's cackling to eachother in riddles and puns.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I can agree with that.

It takes up too much time and effort to go forum-browse more often, and even on here, I only really come to the NT section because it moves fairly quickly and I get a variety of perspectives on certain issues, yet there is still a lot of common ground where people can connect. I also go to the health section because it interests me, but I don't feel like getting into an e-clique that is dominated by similar-minded people. I like what I've seen of the community here.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I've not been there. I came to learn about other people. I don't expect to learn much in the midsts of a bunch of INTP's cackling to eachother in riddles and puns.

yeah, this ^ is the issue. There's no point in posting there when 99 % of the other people there are as stubborn and hard-headed as I am ..... and believe me, I know stubborness!

wolfy

awsm
I sometimes browse INTPc. It's fun, like rubbernecking an accident. People arguing, half of them in shock.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And that's how you spot the Fs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't think anyone over there was in shock.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The Bad?
If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks and defend those being picked on. As with anyone that gets picked on, it's usually obvious why they get picked on. Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.

I agree, I feel like there are cliques over there and that I never fit into the main ones and thus always was rather an outsider... or that I ended up being corralled into sub-cliques that I never wanted to be isolated in. (Once cliques form, they tend to create other cliques out of the members who are not accepted into the main cliques simply as a reactive measure -- just like you're saying INTPc seems peopled by many who have been rejected from their own high school cliques.)

I wouldn't say that I'm a part of any cliques, but I still feel reasonably accepted. At one time, you could have said that I was in a clique, though even then, I was more of a fence sitter than really a part of it. Prior to that, I didn't have any friends there, and yet I still felt accepted enough, even if people didn't pay much attention to me. Right now, I still have some friends, but we no longer converse regularly or anything.

But again, I wouldn't say that I feel like an outsider or anything. I think it's more that there's a number of certain archetypes of behavior that are accepted in INTPc, and if you fit one of them, you're more likely to be accepted and brought into one of these cliques. If you're not, there has to be something unique and creative about you (like Limey or Hustler).

Of course, this still ends up looking a lot like and behaving a lot like a cliquish pace, so I suppose the differences don't matter that much, when it comes down to it.

No he's not.

Hell, I'd say they argue here more than we do at INTPc!

Blurr

MBTI Type
INTP
I think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here; it's just really bad over there.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I don't go to INTPc due to groupthink.

I just think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here; it's just really bad over there. This forum seems to have more going for it.

These are fair statements. However with ton of INTP you sometimes sometimes get a borg type conscious that you'll never experience in real life; kind of what I imagine SJ feel in church.

It has its cliques but isn't as bad as it used to be. When I first joined I spent alot time trying to hold people accountable for their content rather than their join date. But well....that didn't workout so good.

Most of the time though you can garner respect with intelligent comments and out of the box thoughts.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
*takes note*

Don't text message any ISFPs, they seem to be bad at reading tone.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are fair statements. However with ton of INTP you sometimes sometimes get a borg type conscious that you'll never experience in real life; kind of what I imagine SJ feel in church.

That's a lot of the appeal, from what I can tell. I already deal with SJs and SPs all day long. INTPc at least is something different.

Blurr

MBTI Type
INTP

Borg-like conscious, I like that. It's kinda cool and appealing, I have to admit, but also a bit freaky. However, the signal fades in and out because the forum isn't solidly (possibly not even majority) INTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here....

ha ha ha ha ha....

... no.

...Of course, this still ends up looking a lot like and behaving a lot like a cliquish pace, so I suppose the differences don't matter that much, when it comes down to it.

Pretty much. I am not saying it is based on the same things a social SJ-style clique forms (like sororities or frat houses), but the end result is simply that some people feel included and accepted and others do not, and sometimes it feels like it comes down to personalities, not content.

Basically if you feel like you're posting in a vacuum (and it's not that your posts necessarily suck, because newcomers not yet in cliques respond to you in reasonable intervals), but other people's blow-off posts are responded to regularly, then you're seeing clique-style behavior in action.

I should clarify that I don't think INTPC is awful or anything, I've been over to INTPforum and they seem far worse... which is funny because lots of them are nice people. But either you fit into the culture or don't, and sometimes it's hard to tell what makes the difference.

Hell, I'd say they argue here more than we do at INTPc!

Probably. I just think there's more chance you'll actually get a response to your post here, by SOMEONE, rather than just being routinely ignored.

*takes note*
Don't text message any ISFPs, they seem to be bad at reading tone.

heh, now that you said it, I have realized that I try to talk to ISFP friends in person because in e-mail things somehow get really garbled, yeah, they get weird on tone and also don't perceive how their tone is coming across big-picture wise.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
That's a lot of the appeal, from what I can tell. I already deal with SJs and SPs all day long. INTPc at least is something different.

No negative connotations to it.

Like people think similar ways and full sentences don't always need to be typed out.

I bet a lot of the S probably think we're retards from INTP jiberish half-speak.

Borg-like conscious, I like that. It's kinda cool and appealing, I have to admit, but also a bit freaky. However, the signal fades in and out because the forum isn't solidly (possibly not even majority) INTP.

I think they might be INTP, but there is alot of under-developed, immature INTP. So you see alot of our negative qualities.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a love-hate relationship with INTPc. There are a lot of cool people there, but it does have problems with group think, as someone in this thread mentioned. If you don't fit in, you're the bad guy and everyone's allowed to give you a hard time just because you're different. If you stand up for yourself and give back a little of what you've been served, you're in danger of getting banned. Meanwhile, everyone else stands around taking swipes and chuckling in your face. Of course, this is more a condemnation of humanity in general, since you'll find the same thing in most large groups.