• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can agree that perhaps INFJs are geared to be more patient, not necessarily accepting. I think INFJs are certainly made to be less trigger happy. I have that ENFJ voice in my head demanding that I invade a small country every so often. Do INFJs have that? Visions of conquest?

Schnitzels have to be crisped in the stove after a day or two.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can agree that perhaps INFJs are geared to be more patient, not necessarily accepting. I think INFJs are certainly made to be less trigger happy. I have that ENFJ voice in my head demanding that I invade a small country every so often. Do INFJs have that? Visions of conquest?

Schnitzels have to be crisped in the stove after a day or two.

yeah what she said....
even about the schnitzels...Pink you are soooo smart. :newwink:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, even most INTPs don't understand Hustler.

aw. he's our little snuggiebear. :heart:

pinkpiranha said:
I have that ENFJ voice in my head demanding that I invade a small country every so often.

I think INFJs just don't want to be saddled with the aftermath of small-country domination. They'd rather just be doing their thing and not letting other people get in their way, or they would kill everyone, clean up, and then move on with their lives.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
You know your an intp when after taking yet another test which solidified intp yet again, then reading about what it meant, had to look up (logic) in the dictionary.
I put that here because i'm not sure it fits in that other thread or my intuition does not allow me to actually find that other thread. Which means i can't seem to find it. But yet i think this information is somewhat worthy of being seen. For my own assistance of course. So selfishly inside i might get feedback, selfishly-meaning i don't give feedback and am now aware of it but yet might get lucky.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
And to be fair i will surely assist explaining a thought of the one who gives me feedback. in any catagory. "And you can take that to the bank"

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
perhaps this warrants a new thread...

I prefer INTPc to Typoc.

Given its targeted sample size (intps of course), I've seemed to of found a greater variance in personality diversity there than at typoc. I substantially laugh more and relate more to intpc than typoc; I've gone on two intpc meetups. I also enjoy the slow pace at intpc more.

The crux of the matter lies in my type. I'm certainly not an INTP, yet I have a difficult relating to most INFPs. This picture seems to capture me freakishly well (especially from being in a relationship with an NT):

29286143.jpg

I'm a freak.

I've perused infpglobal briefly only to find myself with an irritating rash. I would like to post at intpc more but feel compelled not to. Why?

Because intpc belongs to intps; I'd feel as if I were intruding if I started significantly posting more. Intpc uniquely functions as a bastion from reality. Typoc does to a certain extent but feels more mundane in the sense that given its role to cater to all types, it feels more like reality/real life.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's full of assholes and freaks, but it does grow on you.

Hustler is the best thing about it.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It's full of assholes and freaks, but it does grow on you.

I find great amusement in the things that will ruffle feathers over there. Especially Hustler's - lol

Madrigal, Delilah, and even Mayflow add enough controversy and feather ruffling to keep me entertained for hours.

INTPc has a sort of "Cheers" flavor to it. Everybody knows your name, and strangers aren't constantly chiming in. It's certainly got a few clicks. They are amusing to observe, though, IMO. Here, everything's more fast paced, crazy, and hard to keep up with. The percentage of topics I find interesting are also much harder to dig out.

EDIT:
I'll add some more just in case MacGuffin is actually still taking notes:
The good things? See Above. Plus, there are a few people over there I find very interesting. Of course, a couple of em are on here too ;) - Not just the feather rufflers either.

The Bad?
If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks and defend those being picked on. As with anyone that gets picked on, it's usually obvious why they get picked on. Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Hustler is the best thing about it.

Actually, now that you mention it, I can see a similarity there between the two of you in your approach and manner and priorities... (and you're both rather relentness/unwavering in the face of opposition).

No judgment either way on that, just observing.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
It's certainly got a few clicks.

The Bad?
If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks

You're hurting my eyes. It's CLIQUE.

He's hilarious.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch... Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.

I agree, I feel like there are cliques over there and that I never fit into the main ones and thus always was rather an outsider... or that I ended up being corralled into sub-cliques that I never wanted to be isolated in. (Once cliques form, they tend to create other cliques out of the members who are not accepted into the main cliques simply as a reactive measure -- just like you're saying INTPc seems peopled by many who have been rejected from their own high school cliques.)

Ironically, some people who I feel that I can't "click" with in a clique over there are people I get along fine with over here one-on-one. And it's not that most people are trying to be cliquish but it simply happens.

Over here, I think that there are some cliques too; but the variety here creates more places for people to fit in (whereas on INTPc, it's homogenous enough that either you fit or you don't), and I don't feel like I'm really part of any of them... yet I don't really feel excluded either. I still fit, but more of as an individual that floats among what cliques might exist.

I think too that there is more social sensibility... sometimes you can see people misusing it to create cliques and be self-promoting, but you also see people trying to create space for others/newcomers so as to not have people feel excluded. Over there, it's predictably "everyone for themselves"... and that's just an observation, I'm not judging it, it just fits the mentality.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You're hurting my eyes. It's CLIQUE.
In my defense, I knew it was spelled differently, I just couldn't remember how. I was going to edit it after posting, but had a conference call. Now I have to leave it to maintain post congruity :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, now that you mention it, I can see a similarity there between the two of you in your approach and manner and priorities... (and you're both rather relentness/unwavering in the face of opposition).

No judgment either way on that, just observing.

:cool:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my defense, I knew it was spelled differently, I just couldn't remember how. I was going to edit it after posting, but had a conference call. Now I have to leave it to maintain post congruity :D

I was a good girl and tried REALLY hard not to correct it for you when I was quoting.

... but geez, please don't ask me to refrain again, it was agonizing. heh

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Good boy. Just don't do it again.

I was a good girl and tried REALLY hard not to correct it for you when I was quoting.

... but geez, please don't ask me to refrain again, it was agonizing. heh

I tried. I could overlook it the first time, but by the end of the post I was gagging on my bitten tongue. I had to.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is fantastic, isn't he?

...Force of nature.

His one response to Haight the other day was so annoying and yet so predictable and unapologetic that I had to laugh out loud. He just is who he is.