• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
It's more fun to pick a small detail and make a joke about it than pick the detail and dissect it for the next 2 days :(

Damn you and your excitement seeking nature.

It's probably why you prefer shots of cheap liquor to sips of exquisite wines...

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
That's funny because it's true.

It's what INTPs do. it's to be expected, it only is bothersome when it becomes personal.

The truth hurts.

Which is funny.

Sweet, at least I am not the only one who saw the irony in that. :D

It's more fun to pick a small detail and make a joke about it than pick the detail and dissect it for the next 2 days :(

Agreed! I prefer sarcastic hilarity over a lengthy pissing contest any day.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I prefer lots of expensive wine! :D

cheap liquor = evil hangover

yes, I have the attention span of a gnat and often think this site moves way too slowly even, so as you can imagine anywhere that moves slower makes my skin crawl :blush:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'll be glad to know we decided to continue it offline.
Just so as not to continue to bore you extroverts with your limited attention spans! ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yay: My poor little extroverted/shallow brain is safe from the nitpicking!

:devil:

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
You'll be glad to know we decided to continue it offline.
Just so as not to continue to bore you extroverts with your limited attention spans! ;)

UGH!

What am I supposed to do instead of work now?

Damn it!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
quit intellectually masturbating to the pickiness delilah... wonder woman is watching YOU!

:)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
What was the original post on this thread about? This seems to have mutated to "INTP Chat"

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
This seems to have mutated to "INTP Chat"

What better way to publicize INTPc? Which, if I remember correctly, was the purpose of the thread, that and any criticism of it, of course.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd just like to say that this thread is quite amusing.

MBTIc appeals to some and it has nothing precisely to do with type. Just because you're a type doesn't mean you want to hang out with people who think and act the same way. The other problem with single-type forums is that it magnifies the type tendencies. This can end up only being representative of people who fall into those type extremes and people who are at the extremes of a type are usually not the most psychologically balanced.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Interestingly INTPc has started forums that exclude posters. For example I have attempted to post in the INTP Mass section but I am blocked. I don't see a problem with the forum wanting exclusivity, but I am like others if all you want are like minded people, it undermines diversity in understanding types in general.

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yeah, me too. INTPs like their Rulez.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Yup.

We have a similar format.

See: The Private Forums.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ The INTPc algorithm is much more complicated. It makes them feel special-like. ;)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Interestingly INTPc has started forums that exclude posters. For example I have attempted to post in the INTP Mass seciton but I am blocked. I don't see a problem with the forum wanting exclusivity, but I am like others if all you want are like minded people, it undermines diversity in understanding types in general.
I did that about a year and a half ago.

Come on man, keep up.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I found INTPc a nice way to finally be able to get a view on the variety with "my" type. But once I had learned that, it lost its glamour to me. Marmalade's comment is very relevant, and exactly what so often bothers me on INTPc.
To me INTPc and MBTIc (you know) are two totally different things. And I like this one better :)

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
BTW I meant no offense by implying INTPs at INTPc were psychologically unbalanced. I'm not the most balanced person myself. Balance an be overrated. For single type forums, sometimes I like hanging with other INFPs and sometimes I don't. Overall, I probably prefer the variety of this place.