• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
It goes through phases. Occasionally there will be a short spate of IQ threads but most don't take it seriously. Ditto for the feeler bias, I think. Others may see it differently though.

That's how I see it, too.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

membership at MBTIc
5 October 08....3 November 08
INTP - 436 ......473....8% increase
INFP - 306 ......324....6%
INTJ - 279 .......310....11%
INFJ - 240 .......274....14%
ENFP - 176 .....195....11%
ENTP - 106 .....112.....6%

Phew. It's not as bad as I feared.

Why are there so few ENTP's in general on here?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, we ate at the same table in high school and had an ongoing discussion about why they didn't form Voltron right away but I'm not sure that was what he was driving at.

I always wondered why they didn't always use the Blazing Sword first. It killed the robeast every time.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Lately INTPc is a cuddle fest compared to this place.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
That's why all the INTPs moved over here. Cuddles get boring real quick. Besides we know you Fs could use a little work and practice in trying to keep order. Life wouldn't be fun if you couldn't experience both sides.

We've experienced two sites, you can't always expect people to be uber nice. We're dicks and you get a nice new problem to fix! :D

saieditor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
The rules and regulations on trolling depletes their numbers considerably.

That makes sense. The other forums I am on, the trolls are all ENTP. They get to popcorn out, swipe here and there and sit back and wait for the entertainment to come along. Yup, ENTP for sure. :smile:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Oh no, is the great Type-C INTP purge of 2008 coming? It would be a little ironic.

Nah. I was responding to someone saying that they act like dicks. Anyone that does*, type irregardless, will only be a problem for a short period!

*the value of an acting like a dick definition can go up as well as down. Past dick performance is not a guide to future dick performance, and you should seek professional advice before acting like a dick.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Well I've reconsidered and decided I'm a buttery and sweet ISFP. Dick rules need not apply.
:) :D :cheese:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
If I were to make one criticism about INTPc as a whole is the whole conformation problem. I never really did find that large a group of people who's minds were so similar to mine. Instead I found a group of people who in part HAD to be INTP or would throw themselves off buildings or better yet shoot anyone who's more INTP than they so that they may persist in their point of view of being the most INTP of the lots. Matched with this there seems to be an underlying culture of getting those people together who get along and then label them all with the same type. Realistically I found little insight from a group whom I was hoping would be so awash with fresh insight and discourse as to be a sheer overload. Perhaps my naivety set me up for a disappointment, perhaps I expect too much corrollory from type alone? What I do know is that thinking differently is not supported as INTPs tend to do when relaxed, instead I've found more crossfire and flaming than I'd expect from a whole room full of negative feedback INTJs!

In summation I found INTPc totally non supportive of INTPs and instead more destructive than anything.

I know I've long been someone who's against INTPc but I've yet to see a reason to go back so perhaps my perceptions are out of date.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I were to make one criticism about INTPc as a whole is the whole conformation problem. I never really did find that large a group of people who's minds were so similar to mine. Instead I found a group of people who in part HAD to be INTP or would throw themselves off buildings or better yet shoot anyone who's more INTP than they so that they may persist in their point of view of being the most INTP of the lots.

Yeah, this one time, this INTP n00b came to an INTPc meetup and we jumped him in the parking lot and beat him with cricket bats. When he finally stumbled into the bar, he called the cops and accused us of beating him. Everyone had a good laugh, because honestly, who in America even knows what a cricket bat LOOKS like?

He took the hint and stopped posting.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah, this one time, this INTP n00b came to an INTPc meetup and we jumped him in the parking lot and beat him with cricket bats. When he finally stumbled into the bar, he called the cops and accused us of beating him. Everyone had a good laugh, because honestly, who in America even knows what a cricket bat LOOKS like?

Hm. I didn't know cricket involved bats.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

It saddens me I miss out on the good stuff like this, you know as an Aussie I can really swing a mean cricket bat, I’d be handy.