• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
It has come to our attention there might be a few INTPs that do not know about INTP Central.

We'd like you to be aware of this community and encourage you to check us out.

Also: if INTPs here at MBTIc would like to offer some constructive criticism about INTPc and why they prefer this community I encourage you to post them in this thread.

Thank you,
-MacGuffin, Admin here & there
Mac. Actually I am a bit perplexed since there have been so many attempts over the years to rid the forum of non-INTP types. What I find even more ironic is that the original top 100 subscribers ridiculed other types for the same things that they have become at INTPc in promoting exclusion. When I originally began posting on INTPC as INTrPosr, NGene (INTJ) welcomed all types.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mac. Actually I am a bit perplexed since there have been so many attempts over the years to rid the forum of non-INTP types. What I find even more ironic is that the original top 100 subscribers ridiculed other types for the same things that they have become at INTPc in promoting exclusion. When I originally began posting on INTPC as INTrPosr, NGene (INTJ) welcomed all types.

I am not understanding.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, INTPc doesn't have a friends space or member groups, I'll give you that.

Not that I use those features for cliques. (The Führerbunker is mostly just a joke.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's saying nerds have cliques, too.

Yes, we ate at the same table in high school and had an ongoing discussion about why they didn't form Voltron right away but I'm not sure that was what he was driving at.

MadamI'madaM

MBTI Type
I wouldn't say INTPc has cliques so much as it has a few demigods. Some good and some evil. And the madmins are sort of a necessary clique.

I'm having a really hard time thinking about what topics really, really couldn't work at INTPc. Of course there's going to be people trying to shit on your tea party (or merging your threads), but we just had two long ones about religion and generalized faith that actually weren't mostly flames/smartass comments.

If you can make it interesting to us (huge caveat), we'll pretty much roll with any topic within reason. Even intelligent or creative (or sometimes not) fluffy shit. I think if you can handle a handful of people being immature on any given day without getting raged, you could pull off any topic at INTPc. INTPs are just really good at getting under the skin, so that could be easier said than done for some OTs. There are always tons of people willing to give constructive input, perhaps with small barbs attached.

Summary: if what you expect from a forum experience is a cross between speech & debate and a cuddle puddle, then you'd better be INTP if you think you'd like INTPc.

EDIT: ptg, if what you meant by "cliques" was "forum drama", then we have a dangerous cycle with that, sure.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I have met some great people at INTPc but other than that I rarely post there. I realize it's an INTP site and we don't have a lot of the same interests.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
EDIT: ptg, if what you meant by "cliques" was "forum drama", then we have a dangerous cycle with that, sure.

I mean cliques, but... not quite in the conventional sense, I suppose. I think Aihman put it well - INTPs just aren't as aware of their social motivators. They think they aren't being influenced by this clique-like behavior when outsiders can see it. But at the same time, they don't quite fit the definition...

In the end, it has a lot of the hallmarks of a clique in the way it expresses itself, but maybe can't quite be reduced to the same internal dynamics. I dunno. Would be an interesting study... to see if how different types deal with "outsiders" once established.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, we ate at the same table in high school and had an ongoing discussion about why they didn't form Voltron right away...

I know, right????

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Indeed. Shoo!

I didn't like it there. I left in Dec 2005 and haven't looked back since (I guess that should've helped me make up my mind that I was INTJ) :D.
Yeah. I mean, I looked back a few times and in retrospect, it's kind of like a high school.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
But, MBTIc, for me, is like being in the real world. I get a lot of that every day. When I want a retreat...a place to be online where it feels like home...I go to INTPc.

That's my main reason for mostly lurking here and being active on INTPc.

I was also thinking that MBTIc feels 'loud' to me - like a big crowd of people continuously talking, whereas INTPc feels quieter and more introvert-friendly.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
How much serious non-cliche discussion goes on there and how frequently?

Sometimes there is a little lull here in terms of more NT conversation style discussion on this site and I get a little antsy. From lurking I generally liked the flow of some of the more interesting threads I saw there.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
How much serious non-cliche discussion goes on there and how frequently?

I was going to answer but then thought I should check what you mean by non-cliched, rather than making assumptions.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
It goes through phases. Occasionally there will be a short spate of IQ threads but most don't take it seriously. Ditto for the feeler bias, I think. Others may see it differently though.