• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

sleepy

Maybe because he classed himself as INTP when he first started out in typology?
It's not that hard to figure out.

Now he's paying out of pocket for both forums. Yeah, he's a beast.
I have no idea. But the hilarity isn't wasted on me.

Good going I say. Maybe there actually is something to that mastermind thing. Poor Ps - forever suckers.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I was going to complain about how off topic you guy are, but then you started talking about me, so it's all good.

Besides, all the false accusations and incorrect assumptions are rather interesting and entertaining. So please carry on.

sleepy

Uh... I don't want to ruin the monstrous, dictatorial, soul-crushing image he's cultivated so carefully on the forum.

(Not without his explicit permission of course. Please, don't punish me, master!)
Please explicate. We have permission. I want to know all there is to know about Haight! I find this game he is playing mesmerizing to say the least.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So curiousity got the best of me and I had to check out INTP central yesterday.

Holy crap. What drama!

...No wonder the NFs are so upset about being kicked out.

sleepy

Drama? Isn't the point to have a homogeneous mass with no drama? Or did I misunderstand all of this. I thought this was the place to have drama?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, when I look around the world, I see a cosmos exploding with interconnections between all parts of life, a huge system of beautiful intricacy that possesses order, yet incorprates chaos not as once.

It's as beautiful as watching supernovas explode, black holes whirling and swirling, the shifting of the tides, the interaction of the weather patterns, the underwater eddies of the ocean currents.

And then we drop into the complex dances of how people interact and function and careen off each other like billiard balls in new directions. Or the intricacy of the human body, that starts from one small zygote and differentiates in the quadrillions of specialized cells, each one knowing somehow how to function and where to place itself within the organism.

It's enough to take your breath away, when you finally see those intricate patterns all woven together.

(Toolbox, indeed.)

F is beautiful in its own right, but it focuses on other things.

I'm sure there are some who don't.

Outside this forum, one of my good INFP friends is an associate pastor, and he uses his abilities to connect and to value and respect the individuality of all people as a way to lead. He challenges other leaders and people at large, directly, in the realm of ideas; and he lives a life of respect and compassion for others that accentuates people's unique identities on a very personal level.

Anyone can be a leader in their own way, even if not in the conventional sense of ordering people about or being a CEO or general.

I think it's simply a "maturity" issue. Either we become self-absorbed and fuss about what we're not getting, apparently for the sake of validation; or we accept and embrace who we are and then use it to give to others and to the world.

It was a slight crush before, but now I´m in love with you!

On a different note: The only time I ever received an off topic ad hominem attack on this forum was by a fellow INTP (back then I passed as INXP) who told me afterwards to never go to INTPCentral if I was bothered by that sort of stuff because it´s supposedly dog eat dog over there.
Nothing wrong with getting to the grain and sparring the "just my opinion...I might be wrong...no offence, but...sounds interesting, but have you considered x", but I don´t like it when the tone becomes personal and/or emotional, that´s just off topic and not constructive. The posts I see at the starting page are usually right down my alley, but I think this place serves all my needs and has a nice athmosphere.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sucks.

I didn't know registration for INTPc was limited to INTPs only. Someone could say they are an INTP just to be allowed on the forum. How do you prove who's INTP and who's not? Test results don't work. Tests are too easy to fake. Someone could seriously think he or she was INTP and then later finds another type to be a better fit. Does that person have to then leave INTPc? What about borderline types like INTX, XNTP, IXTP, and INXP? Are they let in? This whole thing about excluding certain types from registering and posting on a site is ridiculous. What if the non-INTP was genuinely curious about INTPs. What if he or she has a relationship with an INTP and wants to understand him or her better? That's a very legitimate reason for a non INTP to join an INTP forum.
It is absurdly ridiculous for those reasons and more. But it's also really, really amusing to watch them consume themselves. And splendidly inevitable.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It is absurdly ridiculous for those reasons and more. But it's also really, really amusing to watch them consume themselves. And splendidly inevitable.

And what's funny, is that their dwindling membership isn't because of non-INTPs being denied or banned, it's in-house INTP suicides!!

*tries not to joke about shit like that, RIPs*

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So curiousity got the best of me and I had to check out INTP central yesterday.

Holy crap. What drama!

...No wonder the NFs are so upset about being kicked out.

That's why I go to INTJforum instead.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I enjoy the intellectual masturbation and violent debates in INTP central.

This place has sunken into a rut. All the NF being fluffy, and all the ENTJ whoring, being nice and cuddly.

It sickens me.

Sorry I have to rant.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

This place has sunken into a rut. All the NF being fluffy, and all the ENTJ whoring, being nice and cuddly.

It sickens me.

Sorry I have to rant.

Trust me, we at least have more drama. Not as much intellectual masturbation, but all the violence you can expect with 16 (well, mostly 5 or 6) different types getting together in one room.

rav3n

It sickens me.

Sorry I have to rant.
Hey, you've just given me one excellent reason to join INTPC! Thanks.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will do! :laugh:

In all seriousness, it would feel invasive to join a type specific forum. Need to leave others some nurturing space of their own!

"Nurturing" and INTPc are rarely found in the same sentence.

Actually, it would be pretty cool if lots of folks from here joined up as "wannabe INTPs" (it's not as if the place isn't full of them already). It would give Hustler something interesting to do - rooting out the authentics from the fakes. Might distract the mods from their maniacal purge.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

Actually, it would be pretty cool if lots of folks from here joined up as "wannabe INTPs" (it's not as if the place isn't full of them already). It would give Hustler something interesting to do - rooting out the authentics from the fakes. Might distract the mods from their maniacal purge.

I was just thinking about that, or how wannabe INTPs will start joining more than usual anyways.

I say all INTPc is wannabe. You put your name in the title, you're trying too hard. All the cooler INTPs are here anyways.... but Hustler is pretty badass, you know, I have no idea how he posts from prison.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj

Let me get this straight. You're suggesting on my site that people should go troll my other site?

You're insanely stupid.

R

Riva

It sickens me.

Sorry I have to rant.

This place needs more people like you.

R

Riva

That's why I go to INTJforum instead.

INTJforum is such a lame place. That place is full of non INTJs admiring their INTJ traits, admiring other members' INTJ traits, praising themselves and calling other types stupid.

At INTJforum members seem to gain respect by respecting INTJness. Such a lame place. The INTJs I know (real ones) don't see themselves as superhumans (they know their weaknesses) and would probably laugh at those losers for being so blind.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me get this straight. You're suggesting on my site that people should go troll my other site?
I don't think you have that straight. Maybe I'm just trying to save it from the boring, stagnant, incestuous shithole it's threatening to become in the hands of a narcissitic minority?
You're insanely stupid.
Is that better or worse than painfully stupid? :laugh: