• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Should let NFs register, but before they are allowed to make a post @INTPc they have to be confirmed registrants here with at least 10 posts.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried to register at INTP central, but told them I am an INFP (because I thought I was an INFP, but I keep testing as an INTP, and I have finally embraced that identity.) They now think I am an INFP spy! They have not approved my registration!

That sucks.

Should let NFs register, but before they are allowed to make a post @INTPc they have to be confirmed registrants here with at least 10 posts.

Why would posting here have anything to do with posting over at INTPc?

I didn't know registration for INTPc was limited to INTPs only. Someone could say they are an INTP just to be allowed on the forum. How do you prove who's INTP and who's not? Test results don't work. Tests are too easy to fake. Someone could seriously think he or she was INTP and then later finds another type to be a better fit. Does that person have to then leave INTPc? What about borderline types like INTX, XNTP, IXTP, and INXP? Are they let in? This whole thing about excluding certain types from registering and posting on a site is ridiculous. What if the non-INTP was genuinely curious about INTPs. What if he or she has a relationship with an INTP and wants to understand him or her better? That's a very legitimate reason for a non INTP to join an INTP forum.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't know registration for INTPc was limited to INTPs only. Someone could say they are an INTP just to be allowed on the forum. How do you prove who's INTP and who's not? Test results don't work. Tests are too easy to fake. Someone could seriously think he or she was INTP and then later finds another type to be a better fit. Does that person have to then leave INTPc? What about borderline types like INTX, XNTP, IXTP, and INXP? Are they let in? This whole thing about excluding certain types from registering and posting on a site is ridiculous. What if the non-INTP was genuinely curious about INTPs. What if he or she has a relationship with an INTP and wants to understand him or her better? That's a very legitimate reason for a non INTP to join an INTP forum.

They don't want non-INTPs there anymore.
ENTPs and similar types can squeak by.
Otherwise, end of story.

You're totally right that no one can validate someone's type before they join.
However, the prescreening certainly narrows things down to just INTPs and INTP-wannabes.
And if someone's a bad fit, then they'll get canned straight away.

(Not saying I'm supporting or opposing that approach, I'm just stating it as I am aware of it.)

Basically, TypoC is supposed to be an "open" site vs INTPc, which is aimed at INTPs.

sleepy

I tried to register at INTP central, but told them I am an INFP (because I thought I was an INFP, but I keep testing as an INTP, and I have finally embraced that identity.) They now think I am an INFP spy! They have not approved my registration!
Seriously. Look at your sig. What intp would use this? And your name, nameless hero. And an avatar of a human.

And 'finally embraced that identity'.

I'm not trying to be be mean. But what makes you think your a T? All these things points to F. Why won't you embrace that. Being an F is beautiful. T not so much. More like the toolbox in the drawer.

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
AM I F or T? I am heroic, not wimpy, as long as there is a powerful ethical incentive involved. I am like a displaced humanities professor who is interested in shaping the value structures of organizations so they can leverage their most important asset, which is people. I am concerned about the dialectal interplay of value to reason. I work in a world famous art museum.

I spend all my time reading and applying the ideas of Plato and Kant... (How on earth do you apply idealist philosophy? By creating a climate which appreciates the virtues of inquiry or inner reflection as a necessary precursor to real achievement. We must think before we can act, but thinking is limited by what we take note of, and we take note of what we have affection for, therefore leadership reduces to the cultivation of the affections of the team.)

Leadership is about unlocking the values of the human person, so that they naturally align to the objectives of the management. Inside each person is the will to love what is true. When they act upon the love of the true, the good and the beautiful they enlarge the scope of freedom for others. This enlargement of the scope of human freedom we call productivity. Thus, leadership is centered on cultivating a sense of philosophical repose and then spuring it onwards towards its application in the real world.

Now of course that seems like Fi, but however, it is not this moaning weepy Fi that seems to rule the INFP's on the forum!

Nobody who is an INFP here seems to think that their Fi is about leadership or anything heroic. It seems to be all about moaning that nobody cherishes what they cherish. They feel separated from the larger community.

As I say, "Befriend me now or encounter me later as your enemy" - I come bearing good news about how I have recognized the path forwards for all of us to acheive something important. "Befriend me" does not mean to obey me. You are to use your own mental faculties to achieve the goals I have helped you identify. Do so now, before I must take action to limit the harm you shall do to yourself and to others if you do not.

I consider that to be reasonable, rather than emotional. But maybe I am an older and more mature INFP. That is what I orginally thought I was. Maybe I really am an INFP!

sleepy

AM I F or T? I am heroic, not wimpy, as long as there is a powerful ethical incentive involved. I am like a displaced humanities professor who is interested in shaping the value structures of organizations so they can leverage their most important asset, which is people. I am concerned about the dialectal interplay of value to reason. I work in a world famous art museum.

I spend all my time reading and applying the ideas of Plato and Kant... (How on earth do you apply idealist philosophy? By creating a climate which appreciates the virtues of inquiry or inner reflection as a necessary precursor to real achievement. We must think before we can act, but thinking is limited by what we take note of, and we take note of what we have affection for, therefore leadership reduces to the cultivation of the affections of the team.)

Leadership is about unlocking the values of the human person, so that they naturally align to the objectives of the management. Inside each person is the will to love what is true. When they act upon the love of the true, the good and the beautiful they enlarge the scope of freedom for others. This enlargement of the scope of human freedom we call productivity. Thus, leadership is centered on cultivating a sense of philosophical repose and then spuring it onwards towards its application in the real world.

Now of course that seems like Fi, but however, it is not this moaning weepy Fi that seems to rule the INFP's on the forum!

Nobody who is an INFP here seems to think that their Fi is about leadership or anything heroic. It seems to be all about moaning that nobody cherishes what they cherish. They feel separated from the larger community.

As I say, "Befriend me now or encounter me later as your enemy" - I come bearing good news about how I have recognized the path forwards for all of us to acheive something important. "Befriend me" does not mean to obey me. You are to use your own mental faculties to achieve the goals I have helped you identify. Do so now, before I must take action to limit the harm you shall do to yourself and to others if you do not.

I consider that to be reasonable, rather than emotional. But maybe I am an older and more mature INFP. That is what I orginally thought I was. Maybe I really am an INFP!
I doubt you would fit in there. They will only hurt your feelings.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not trying to be be mean. But what makes you think your a T? All these things points to F. Why won't you embrace that. Being an F is beautiful. T not so much. More like the toolbox in the drawer.

Actually, when I look around the world, I see a cosmos exploding with interconnections between all parts of life, a huge system of beautiful intricacy that possesses order, yet incorprates chaos not as once.

It's as beautiful as watching supernovas explode, black holes whirling and swirling, the shifting of the tides, the interaction of the weather patterns, the underwater eddies of the ocean currents.

And then we drop into the complex dances of how people interact and function and careen off each other like billiard balls in new directions. Or the intricacy of the human body, that starts from one small zygote and differentiates in the quadrillions of specialized cells, each one knowing somehow how to function and where to place itself within the organism.

It's enough to take your breath away, when you finally see those intricate patterns all woven together.

(Toolbox, indeed.)

F is beautiful in its own right, but it focuses on other things.

nameless said:

I'm sure there are some who don't.

Outside this forum, one of my good INFP friends is an associate pastor, and he uses his abilities to connect and to value and respect the individuality of all people as a way to lead. He challenges other leaders and people at large, directly, in the realm of ideas; and he lives a life of respect and compassion for others that accentuates people's unique identities on a very personal level.

Anyone can be a leader in their own way, even if not in the conventional sense of ordering people about or being a CEO or general.

I think it's simply a "maturity" issue. Either we become self-absorbed and fuss about what we're not getting, apparently for the sake of validation; or we accept and embrace who we are and then use it to give to others and to the world.

sleepy

Actually, when I look around the world, I see a cosmos exploding with interconnections between all parts of life, a huge system of beautiful intricacy that possesses order, yet incorprates chaos not as once.

It's as beautiful as watching supernovas explode, black holes whirling and swirling, the shifting of the tides, the interaction of the weather patterns, the underwater eddies of the ocean currents.

And then we drop into the complex dances of how people interact and function and careen off each other like billiard balls in new directions. Or the intricacy of the human body, that starts from one small zygote and differentiates in the quadrillions of specialized cells, each one knowing somehow how to function and where to place itself within the organism.

It's enough to take your breath away, when you finally see those intricate patterns all woven together.

(Toolbox, indeed.)

Generally T manifests in ugliness. F in beauty. I'm sure there are exceptions. But they are rare and far between.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally T manifests in ugliness. F in beauty. I'm sure there are exceptions. But they are rare and far between.

Please. We can easily describe all sorts of ugly in both T and F styles of behavior, and I know I've experienced lots of ugly views of reality from F types, so it looks to me like you're just expressing your own biases right now.

People are people. Some are screwed up.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, when I look around the world, I see a cosmos exploding with interconnections between all parts of life, a huge system of beautiful intricacy that possesses order, yet incorporates chaos not as once.

(Toolbox, indeed.)

That writing is inspired and captures a sense of big picture analysis.

What would F focus on in its conception of how the universe works? (anyone may answer)

I don't think T is a toolbox (although someone might embrace that label), but I think people tend to draw a bigger circle around whatever they consider to be their functional preferences, and a small "other" circle around the opposite preference as a dumping ground for whatever is unimportant or uninteresting to that person. Reality and people's experiences tend to exist in that overlapping area that is claimed by both. The refusal to look at the other person and see the true size of their circle is where a lot of the stereotypes and distortions occur.

sleepy

Please. We can easily describe all sorts of ugly in both T and F styles of behavior, and I know I've experienced lots of ugly views of reality from F types, so it looks to me like you're just expressing your own biases right now.

People are people. Some are screwed up.
I am. And so do the others ;)

That's all we ever do. You do know that mbti is junk, right? Fun. But still junk.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am. And so do the others ;)
That's all we ever do. You do know that mbti is junk, right? Fun. But still junk.

Again, your thorough and explicit analysis of whatever your laser-light insight focuses on dazzles me. :smile:

sleepy

Again, your thorough and explicit analysis of whatever your laser-light insight focuses on dazzles me. :smile:
It was just a stab at Haight and the emporium. For the delusion that he thinks he is an T and others F. I find it awfully funny.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was just a stab at Haight and the emporium. For the delusion that he thinks he is an T and others F. I find it awfully funny.

He's pretty T, honestly... but he's never been the world's greatest type-ist, otherwise.

(besides, then he'd be Haighf, not Haight, and that just sounds kinda weird.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I think he is definitely INTJ if for no other reason he has that wonderful understated humor that not everyone quite gets or is sure of if he's kidding or not...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's he like otherwise?

Uh... I don't want to ruin the monstrous, dictatorial, soul-crushing image he's cultivated so carefully on the forum.

(Not without his explicit permission of course. Please, don't punish me, master!)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then why does he run the INTP forum...lol - that's just too funny.

Maybe because he classed himself as INTP when he first started out in typology?
It's not that hard to figure out.

Now he's paying out of pocket for both forums. Yeah, he's a beast.