• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I notice you regularly use semicolons and parenthesis. I wonder if there is a correlation between MBTI type and punctuation style...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I notice you regularly use semicolons and parenthesis. I wonder if there is a correlation between MBTI type and punctuation style...

Well, INTP writing style can easily involve lots of complexly balanced sentences, and the punctuation is the nuts and bolts on which everything hinges or spins.

I also was a writer and editor for a large part of my career.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Well, INTP writing style can easily involve lots of complexly balanced sentences, and the punctuation is the nuts and bolts on which everything hinges or spins.

I also was a writer and editor for a large part of my career.

I will take this fact to mean that my writing style resembles that of a professional wordsmith. Thank you for this realization.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will take this fact to mean that my writing style resembles that of a professional wordsmith. Thank you for this realization.

You're very welcome, glad I could be of service.

(Where should I send the bill? ;) )

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Well, I generally agree with that as the most POSITIVE spin I've seen on it (espoused maybe by Woolf and similar members) ... but be real. There's quite a number of people who put off the vibe that Toonia notes too... and yes, I think they meant it.
I think it's a characteristic of the F-vacuum which exists there. Unless people put the effort into spinning it positively every time, it's going to come across as 'sneering NT elitism'. You know, like everything else that occurs there :whistling:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Heh. Well, I might think Ming's ban was rather preemptive, but you sort of egged them on with yours... It was obvious where it was going, but you kept doing whatever it was you were doing; the ending sort of wrote itself.
Thank...Thank...you...Someone finally realizes...

*Gets on one knee again, places two hands into the air in a prayer/beggar position. One tears fall from face onto the ground.* Oh the drama :cheese:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I think it's a characteristic of the F-vacuum which exists there. Unless people put the effort into spinning it positively every time, it's going to come across as 'sneering NT elitism'. You know, like everything else that occurs there :whistling:
Are NTs just scared of emotions? Because A lot of them are enne 5's, and 5's operate on fear... I wonder if that correlates..

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Are NTs just scared of emotions? Because A lot of them are enne 5's, and 5's operate on fear... I wonder if that correlates..

No.

EDIT: ...okay, maybe. But that's not the issue.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

All enneatypes operate on fear. The difference is what one fears.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.

Well, I generally agree with that as the most POSITIVE spin I've seen on it (espoused maybe by Woolf and similar members) ... but be real. There's quite a number of people who put off the vibe that Toonia notes too... and yes, I think they meant it.

The ideal and official position is like Anonymous described, and that certainly represents a number of people's views i would suspect. I was referring to the effects of "marketing this site" based on the way it is communicated in the "go away n00b" threads. People can certainly continue approaching it that way, but typically when it is communicated in a negative way, the person it is directed at will probably react by trolling at least for a bit. It is human nature when someone is easily offended by your presence and condescending to you, that a person's first reaction is to fight back a bit. My favorite n00b go away comment over there was "I'd like to slit everyone's throats at Typology Central". It was a kid acting tough and so almost cute, but represents the other end of the spectrum rather than the whole detached, "let's be equal but different approach". I think it is fantastic, generous, and all kinds of good stuff that this forum was created, so I was only speaking to the efficiency of having at least someone say, "yeah, come on over it's a great place". Sometimes I'll do it, but I don't have the motivation to be reading a bunch of negative n00b threads.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Never have I seen one forum so obsessed with another.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
That's only part of it. I've seen sister fora before, but not quite the same dynamic as this one.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also I would say the sister forum obsession seems mostly one-sided. INTPc seems mostly apathetic of what we think of them or what happens here from what I can tell.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also I would say the sister forum obsession seems mostly one-sided. INTPc seems mostly apathetic of what we think of them or what happens here from what I can tell.

Iunno, they're a lot more eager to inform noobs of this forum :D

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Iunno, they're a lot more eager to inform noobs of this forum :D

Hmm are you teasing?

Nevertheless as an illustration of my point....I would be pretty quick about telling a homeless person who happens to come to my door to beg about directions to the homeless shelter without giving a fig of what the residents of the shelter said about me when the guy gets there. :newwink: