• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I reach my INTP quota on this forum.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Lazy <> tolerant. ;)
They tolerate you quite well if you never say anything. But then much of the forum is out of bounds (post count restrictions everywhere). So they force you to post, then tell you to STFU and GTFO! Really, they should just make it a private forum and be done with it already. Although if they didn't have noobs to eviscerate, and then conduct post-mortems over, the traffic might stop completely.

Clan leader is about right. It's becoming more and more tribal as various cliques band together against each other. It's interesting to watch. Reminds me of Lord of the Flies. :laugh:

Private forums disintegrate. I've seen it happen. the existing politics and paranoia escalates. like being in a closed room the body heat explodes and its like a sauna and you want out.

The attitude is excessive, understandable. the underlining boundaries are tender, it is from external events to create a place where their domain is relaxed and amplified. when personalities congregate that way the negative traits tends to become more defined than the positives.

Infpgc was like that, felt like a venting vacuum of emotions, the patterns were of people trying to reconcile their physical reality in the virtual without seeing others clearly, reflecting in their self absorption.

Its like an antennae, connect the same frequency and the balance tends to be uneven without enough input.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Private forums disintegrate. I've seen it happen. the existing politics and paranoia escalates. like being in a closed room the body heat explodes and its like a sauna and you want out.
True.
The attitude is excessive, understandable. the underlining boundaries are tender, it is from external events to create a place where their domain is relaxed and amplified. when personalities congregate that way the negative traits tends to become more defined than the positives.
. Yes. That was always my problem with it. Negative self-reinforcing patterns of behaviour. And huge blind spots. That said, it's good for 'holding up the mirror' to the uglier side of one's nature, which in a mature individual, can hopefully catalyze change.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think anyone who has any sense of intellegence will realise that. I was there to have fun; and enjoy myself! (like I'm doing with this forum. Except that they banned me :doh:)
The following is the insider perspective on n00bs at INTPc. Only in this case it involved derailing treads instead of threads. The clip begins with Hustler, is elaborated upon by the mass of intpness, and ends with Delilah. If only they had given Ming his last request! WHAT A WASTE!

[youtube=UVKsd8z6scw]Tequila[/youtube]

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Negative self-reinforcing patterns of behaviour. And huge blind spots. That said, it's good for 'holding up the mirror' to the uglier side of one's nature, which in a mature individual, can hopefully catalyze change.

This.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, and most of them have huge sticks up their asses and the ones who don't are disliked by the humorless ones.

Which one is Limey????

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The following is the insider perspective on n00bs at INTPc. Only in this case it involved derailing treads instead of threads. The clip begins with Hustler, is elaborated upon by the mass of intpness, and ends with Delilah. If only they had given Ming his last request! WHAT A WASTE!

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Limey is awesome sauce.
That is all

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just read the rise and fall of Ming at INTPc. Hillarious. In all fairness to INTPc it appears to have been a "mercy ban". Regardless Ming will likely go down in INTPc history as the first noob to inadvertently break 99% of the boards taboos in the least amount of time.

Lao Tzu: 'The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.'

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just read the rise and fall of Ming at INTPc. Hillarious. In all fairness to INTPc it appears to have been a "mercy ban". Regardless Ming will likely go down in INTPc history as the first noob to inadvertently break 99% of the boards taboos in the least amount of time.

Lao Tzu: 'The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.'

Twice? Ming was more like eight times as bright...

I actually have no idea what Ming Ming is? :shock:

Ming is part of the Wonder Pets TV show. :) Linny (the guinea pig), Tuck (the turtle), and Ming-Ming (the duckling) go around like a superhero team and help pets and animals in trouble.

You'd love it, they've got music that is campy as hell...! Kids show crossed with camp crossed with English opera lite.

I can't find a straight theme song clip, they all seem to be compiled stills, but here is one that has all the main songs in it...

[youtube=xxlWvE2U0nw]Wonder Pets Music[/youtube]

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

:laugh: that was good. here is hustler, aka the man behind the curtain. [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA&feature=related"]shitty wizard[/YOUTUBE]

limey's the one who isn't a failure and a fuck up.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[youtube=xxlWvE2U0nw]Wonder Pets Music[/youtube]
Wow. That made me tear up and gave me feelings I don't quite understand.

Still, though, can I be the turtle?

:[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA&feature=related"]shitty wizard[/YOUTUBE]
There are many possibilities for metaphors here. We know the strawman argument is well established, but I think there should also be a tinman argument - equally fallacious (in certain contexts).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow... now I'm paranoid as to what I'd be if you posted a video to represent Typology Central somewhere :cry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow... now I'm paranoid as to what I'd be if you posted a video to represent Typology Central somewhere :cry:

Yup. You just never know, do you?
(of course, Hustler doesn't give a flying monkey's bottom....)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A"]whatever[/YOUTUBE] :wub:

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes the wrong impression is given when someone joins INTPc and the response is "Go away, we don't want you, so join the loser forum TypologyCentral. It makes it seem like this place is a consolation prize, but it is a great place and overall more diverse.

I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.

Well, I generally agree with that as the most POSITIVE spin I've seen on it (espoused maybe by Woolf and similar members) ... but be real. There's quite a number of people who put off the vibe that Toonia notes too... and yes, I think they meant it.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I'd like to be let back into INTPc. Such a sad day (for me) when they banned me. Not that life doesn't go on, but I did rather enjoy most people over there.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to be let back into INTPc. Such a sad day (for me) when they banned me. Not that life doesn't go on, but I did rather enjoy most people over there.

Heh. Well, I might think Ming's ban was rather preemptive, but you sort of egged them on with yours... It was obvious where it was going, but you kept doing whatever it was you were doing; the ending sort of wrote itself.