• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He he...this thead is starting to sound like an INTPc highlight.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Perhaps you're trying too hard. :yes:

You know I get that a lot. I guess when people see someone displaying such superiority, they'd prefer to believe that he's just trying really really hard, rather than believe that he might actually be superior. :hug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I'd say your days at this site are most likely limited as well. But that's just a hunch.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Yeah, I'd say your days at this site are most likely limited as well. But that's just a hunch.

Bah. I'm just joking around ITT. If one were to look at the majority of my posts s/he would find them friendly, observant, and on topic.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not talking about the majority of your posts. I'm talking about the ones where you're trolling. And the extra logins you create to troll with.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I'm not talking about the majority of your posts. I'm talking about the ones where you're trolling. And the extra logins you create to troll with.

Fair enough. I honestly don't really remember posting with more than one login on this site though, save for NN, which was somewhat of a necessity. In any event, what I did at INTP will not be repeated here. :D

Edit: Your avatar makes me miss my kitty. :(

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP Central is a joke. They have a "High IQ Forum" where a handful of members circle jerk each other and promulgate their inferior INTP intellect, which unfortunately happens to be the most interesting section on the forum. Apart from that, the discussions are banal and the members frivolous. I recommend INTP Forum for anybody that cares.

Keith

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hello,

I'm new. I guess I should feel at home here.

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
When I initially joined intp.forumer.com, I was surrounded by a group of people I enjoyed, could relate to, and could share ideas with. As the site grew and later changed to INTPc, the whole process of discovering and exploring seemed to become watered-down. To find anything near the substance of the older topics turned more into a chore than an interesting pastime. Frivolous threads, a general lack of motivation to learn and enhance the community by the majority, and a general aloofness on the part of newer and involved members eventually turned me off to the whole idea. My attempts to rejoin the community in later years was greeted with the same flaws, as well as a plethora of new and seemingly obvious issues (I think gatsby + Xander are dead on in this thread).

I know I'm not the first to touch on this, but it seems like the whole of the discussions on INTPc have an "I'm more INTP than you" undertone, which is really exhausting, especially after reading 10 pages into a topic only to discover it's where the debate eventually ends up. Over and over again.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm more INTP than you.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At least it's not an undertone this time.

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I'm more INTP than you.

I'm sorry, but you can't be. I'm more INTP than everyone. Combined. :workout:

I forgot to mention above: A callous and barbaric sense of humor was also one of the negative attributes there.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, but you can't be. I'm more INTP than everyone. Combined. :workout:

That just makes you ESTJ.

P.S. If you know how to get in contact with NGene, let me know.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
(My pness is bigger than all yous'es)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question for the Day: Do you think that I think that you respect that I respect your callous and barbaric sense of humor? Poll on its way!

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
No. I'm not answering your question, I'm just saying "No" to the whole idea.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're right.... but I'm not sure.