Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    It's too bad. The place was populated, open, and fun when I joined in 2007. The inner circle started getting really abusive, though. Their way of dealing with the new and different was to insult and ostracize rather than guide and bring up (or ignore at worst). I always wondered what they expected with that kind of behavior. A forum like this can't survive without diverse new and old perspectives. Voting everyone off the island leaves it empty. Duh?
    Yeah, my time there from 2006-2007 was formative for me, and gave me some feet to walk on. But those days have been long past.

I guess we will see how the replacement forum goes. Most interesting aspect at the moment is that all the prior banned members are no longer banned on the new forum.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    It's too bad. The place was populated, open, and fun when I joined in 2007. The inner circle started getting really abusive, though. Their way of dealing with the new and different was to insult and ostracize rather than guide and bring up (or ignore at worst). I always wondered what they expected with that kind of behavior. A forum like this can't survive without diverse new and old perspectives. Voting everyone off the island leaves it empty. Duh?
    Oh, oh, you mean that one guy and his snooty girlfriend who both thought they were so objective, and actually were in certain discussions, but turn the corner to the social or emotional and wheeeeee it's crazy, subjective, snooty time w/o a foothold on reason.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, my time there from 2006-2007 was formative for me, and gave me some feet to walk on. But those days have been long past.

I guess we will see how the replacement forum goes. Most interesting aspect at the moment is that all the prior banned members are no longer banned on the new forum.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm an active supporter and contributor at the new site. But I've also made it clear that I think INTPc needs to thrive anew as well.

The new forum was started with hopes of avoiding some of the errors of the past, and so far it has gone fairly smoothly with everyone generally being more laid back. Ptah's vision has been pushing it and he has had a very liberal approach to things.

Anyways, I've said what I wanted to say. Good to see a few old friends too.
    Take Care
    "The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Oh, oh, you mean that one guy and his snooty girlfriend who both thought they were so objective, and actually were in certain discussions, but turn the corner to the social or emotional and wheeeeee it's crazy, subjective, snooty time w/o a foothold on reason.
    Lol I think I know what you are talking about. Ya kinda nutty.

MBTI
    INTP

MBTI is nonsense. IMO. It's a tool designed to section people.

If I'm an INTP, so what? this makes me a "genius" or a "inspirational thinker"? lol.. like fuck I care.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

INTPc was to be - my Camelot.

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    MBTI is nonsense. IMO. It's a tool designed to section people.

If I'm an INTP, so what? this makes me a "genius" or a "inspirational thinker"? lol.. like fuck I care.
    Why not classify people? It makes understanding them quicker. It's like a layered process. Understanding people happens in stages. If you can make broader generalizations, it is actually easier to make the finer ones later on.

Knowing that I am INTP, for instance, is helpful to me because it helps me realize my strengths and limitations. It also helps me interpret others. I am not sure of my mom's type, for instance, but I know she is N for sure (closest I would dare to guess would be INxJ. Actually I'm pretty sure about those 3). She was beating herself up the other day because she never really developed her kitchen skills like a lot of her friends have and she thought she should have and that made her a lesser mother lol. I told her about the N/S dichotomy and how it makes sense to me. I dunno if it helped her, but I enjoy the clarity it affords.

People complain about MBTI a lot on this forum, saying it is just a way to discriminate. It can be used for that, as can any generalization. But try to get through a day without generalizing. Every line we draw with our language by nature can't be quite perfect - it has to include and exclude, when in reality there is no separation between one thing and the next. Where does my body begin and end? If you look closely, it really... doesn't. But for the sake of function, we pretty much can generally say it ends at my skin. Same thing here. Is INTP all that I am? No. But I do tend to fall into those categories of behavior, if you choose to create them. Is everything that I do N? Or T.. etc...? No. But they tend to be. I find this pretty useful, so yeah.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    INTPc had something of a mass exodus recently, and unless Dr. H is ready to chunk it in the grave, there is plenty of elbow room and not too many people left around to throw a sharp one.
    Wow. New forum is even lamer than the last. How is that possible? Perhaps because run by an ISTJ...
    I give it 6mths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Wow. New forum is even lamer than the last. How is that possible? Perhaps because run by an ISTJ...
    I give it 6mths.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. What would you recommend to make it better?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

For what it's worth, the new forum is actually going much stronger than INTPc was when we left. The levels of activity and discussions have skyrocketed. Obviously the test of time is ultimate, but considering how many people joined, it isn't just another offshoot that will fizzle out and die (which is what the original forum is doing now, actually).