User Tag List

First 22627071727374 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I would join if not for the inclusion of a High IQ only forum. It's an embarrassment.
    I'm with you there. I was against it myself despite the fact that I would likely get in if I cared to try. (I usually test right around their cutoff)

It's not very active though and the rest of the forum has plenty to offer.

EDIT: Funny enough, after I wrote this I discovered that the house voted to remove the High IQ sub forum a few days ago. It hasn't been done just yet but it's about to happen. Looks like it's time for you to join INTPc.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
    They can vote to ban or vote to revoke a ban made by a mod.
    Actually, they can't do that. Only Mods can overturn bans.

But the rest is pretty accurate. Nice work.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
    It's comprised of 9 members who were voted into office for, I think, a 6 month term.
    Minor correction: 4 months.

Pretty short terms.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Ahhh, I knew there was some debate about term length when the details were being decided. I think the idea was the start short-ish and possibly increase the term length once we had more of a handle on how the house would function?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I took 3 different MBTI test and the results are all the same.

INTP.

Now that explains why.

MBTI
    INtP

I checked out the site once and was overall unimpressed by the threads. The current events ones were behind (really I just read too much news...), and some of the more intersting ones were ones i would have looked at anyways on any other site.

MBTI
    FREE

Was just banned for the 5th? time from INTPc. I guess I just have a hard time accepting that some people get 6-month bans for intentionally hurtful and hostile behavior, and I was permabanned for not realizing that creating a second account was a bannable offense. I understand that I came across as a less-than-desirable person to have on the forum, but sometimes mistakes are made and people need time to adjust and learn to fit into communities. Is there really no redemption or forgiveness for those who make mistakes? It has been over a year and a half, I'm a regular user of TypoC, and am obviously not a threat to anyone.

This reminds me very much of those poor kids in grade school, secondary school, etc. who, because they were different or were labeled a certain way, were mercilessly ostracized...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Was just banned for the 5th? time from INTPc. I guess I just have a hard time accepting that some people get 6-month bans for intentionally hurtful and hostile behavior, and I was permabanned for not realizing that creating a second account was a bannable offense.
    What was the reason the other 4 times? Surely you didn't create 5 accounts... did you?
    I understand that I came across as a less-than-desirable person to have on the forum, but sometimes mistakes are made and people need time to adjust and learn to fit into communities. Is there really no redemption or forgiveness for those who make mistakes? It has been over a year and a half, I'm a regular user of TypoC, and am obviously not a threat to anyone.
    INTPs aren't exactly known for being forgiving, compassionate people... they're pretty brutal, especially in groups. INTPc in particular prides itself on "hazing" new members, and discouraging/removing the ones that don't fit in. If you want forgiveness, post on a forum full of Feeling-types. It's actually part of the T/F dichotomy, that Thinking types value justice over mercy, and are less likely to make exceptions.

BTW, this is a VERY good reason to make a habit of reading a site FAQ thoroughly before posting.
    This reminds me very much of those poor kids in grade school, secondary school, etc. who, because they were different or were labeled a certain way, were mercilessly ostracized...
    Yes, exactly. It's all about immature/inferior Fe. It really doesn't become a factor when dealing with INTPs one on one, but it does when dealing with them in groups. It's ironic, considering how much they hate ESFJs, isn't it? But I guess it makes sense that they don't trust Fe users... I mean, look how their own Fe makes them act! No wonder they don't trust it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    What was the reason the other 4 times? Surely you didn't create 5 accounts... did you?
    I dunno. He got banned this time cuz of a dupe after not being around for months.

I remember the first ban, there was a lot of forum uproar and "not fitting with forum culture." He kind of crapped all over the forum, and then made a few dupes in rapid succession (I think) after the initial ban. Not a good move for a later return.

But I think they're more lenient with their "return policy" than we are here.

INTPs aren't exactly known for being forgiving, compassionate people... they're pretty brutal, especially in groups. INTPc in particular prides itself on "hazing" new members, and discouraging/removing the ones that don't fit in. If you want forgiveness, post on a forum full of Feeling-types. It's actually part of the T/F dichotomy, that Thinking types value justice over mercy, and are less likely to make exceptions.
    In general, I agree that if you want forgiveness, go to an FP forum.

INTPc "hazes" members simply by being INTP, so the forum ends up being self-selecting; if you can't take the heat, then you don't fit into the culture and should leave or you'll eventually get booted.

There's more T on INTPc, though, than N.
    So it's gonna be more ruthless.
    Lots of Si / self-preservation outlook too... which tends to be more dour and cynical.

And, the part you're failing to consider... it's very P. The T only sounds rigid. If you change your game based on forum reaction, then you can find accommodation and no one will hold a grudge. That's the part you're missing about "justice"-oriented TP. It flexes if you change, and there's no NEED for forgiveness; one just needs to stop being a douche.

BTW, this is a VERY good reason to make a habit of reading a site FAQ thoroughly before posting.
    Lol. Word from the wise. FAQs are your friend.

Yes, exactly. It's all about immature/inferior Fe. It really doesn't become a factor when dealing with INTPs one on one, but it does when dealing with them in groups. It's ironic, considering how much they hate ESFJs, isn't it? But I guess it makes sense that they don't trust Fe users... I mean, look how their own Fe makes them act! No wonder they don't trust it.
    Whatever. You're lecturing again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I dunno. He got banned this time cuz of a dupe after not being around for months.

I remember the first ban, there was a lot of forum uproar and "not fitting with forum culture." He kind of crapped all over the forum, and then made a few dupes in rapid succession (I think) after the initial ban. Not a good move for a later return.

But I think they're more lenient with their "return policy" than we are here.
    Oh! He made them AFTER he was banned for something else, and that's why they were upset. Okay, that sounds a little more reasonable.

In general, I agree that if you want forgiveness, go to an FP forum.

INTPc "hazes" members simply by being INTP, so the forum ends up being self-selecting; if you can't take the heat, then you don't fit into the culture and should leave or you'll eventually get booted.

There's more T on INTPc, though, than N.
    So it's gonna be more ruthless.
    Lots of Si / self-preservation outlook too... which tends to be more dour and cynical.
    I can agree with all of that. I just happen to think that that's why INTPs should never, ever be in large, homogenous groups. They need other types pressuring them to behave in a decent manner, whether they like it or not.

I still don't understand how they can be so decent one-on-one, though... It just doesn't make sense that those same people must act so unreasonably and hatefully in groups! If they would just act the same way publicly that they do privately... sigh.
    And, the part you're failing to consider... it's very P. The T only sounds rigid. If you change your game based on forum reaction, then you can find accommodation and no one will hold a grudge. That's the part you're missing about "justice"-oriented TP. It flexes if you change, and there's no NEED for forgiveness; one just needs to stop being a douche.
    STOP being one? It seems to me like most people there have to START being one in order to get by on that forum.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. I wasn't there for very long, I'm just judging it on the few moments I was there in 2007. I'll shut up now...