User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    INTP

Are you sure that the mass INTP infiltration wasn't part of some person's evil plan?

*cue the black helicopter

There were many empty threats and "you will be sorry's" but I think someone actually followed through. Oh. My. God.

MBTI
    INTJ

membership at MBTIc
    5 October 08....3 November 08
    INTP - 436 ......473....8% increase
    INFP - 306 ......324....6%
    INTJ - 279 .......310....11%
    INFJ - 240 .......274....14%
    ENFP - 176 .....195....11%
    ENTP - 106 .....112.....6%

Phew. It's not as bad as I feared.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Does asking questions feel like counter-argument? While I can do the Socratic method to this end, I don't believe I have done so here. How do I encourage a back-and-forth? Maybe it is impossible without appearing to pick holes as well.
    Yeah, I think that's what gave me that impression. If I go back and read it, knowing that you were just trying to clarify, I can interpret it that way, too. But I guess the questions you were asking for clarification just felt to me like you were counterarguing. (Like, "aren't there circle jerks here?" and "aren't other sites faster, too?") Maybe just ask them to explain a little more what they mean by a certain statement? Or ask if you've understood it correctly? Of course, I may be the only one that misinterpreted the question-asking in this way, and if so, it's not a problem.

I haven't written about the existence/non-existence of cliques at MBTIc except to ask ptgatsby about our moderation efforts. I believe the only time I disagreed outright with a serious remark turned out to be a misunderstanding (ptgatsby was talking about "I feel" statements when I thought he was talking about sexual harassment).
    Yeah, that was just me sort of creating an extended example, so as not to be completely hypothetical.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yeah, I think that's what gave me that impression. If I go back and read it, knowing that you were just trying to clarify, I can interpret it that way, too. But I guess the questions you were asking for clarification just felt to me like you were counterarguing. (Like, "aren't there circle jerks here?" and "aren't other sites faster, too?") Maybe just ask them to explain a little more what they mean by a certain statement? Or ask if you've understood it correctly? Of course, I may be the only one that misinterpreted the question-asking in this way, and if so, it's not a problem.
    Heh, I'll own up to the "circle jerk" one since it wasn't valid constructive criticism to begin with.

Thanks!

MBTI
    intp

Threads like this one (Be offended) make me INTPc and think I should visit more than once in a while when it's slow here:
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Phew. It's not as bad as I feared.
    It's just that we are such post-whores that it seems worse than it is.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    It's just that we are such post-whores that it seems worse than it is.
    Ah. Is THAT what it is.

MBTI
    nnnn

I remember that I actually complained about the INTPc clique thing at INTJforum one time (before I was a member). But that feeling seems to have changed into a strong community feeling. One of the strongest I've ever experienced on the net. Once you get the hang of the forum vibe, it really becomes quite different. You need perseverance, thick skin and a twisted sense of humour for that, though. I don't think that this is so different from how INTPs deal with acquiring friends in real life. On their terms perhaps. But you're free to not accept those or be aware of the mechanism as you accept. And indeed, once you're in, you're in.

I don't know - like all types, INTPs have their limitations and these are reflected on the forum and perhaps condensed because there are a lot of them around. Wouldn't hold that against them.

I like it there. It's "flawed", but aren't we all? Plus, highest hysterical thread/poster ratio ever.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Plus, highest hysterical thread/poster ratio ever.
    Agreed. Lots of hysterical posters.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Phew. It's not as bad as I feared.[/COLOR]
    That depends on how broad the growth is There is something in common, there.