User Tag List

First 1252606162636472 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    INTJ

Basically, because some people have little understanding of themselves, they receive different results, and somehow conclude that this is a failure on the part of the test. It isn't. It's a personality test that categorizes you according to your "preferences" and ascribes a specific type. It can only do this if you answer honestly. The test also recommends that you read through the types and select which type best describes you, keeping in mind your results. All surveys are ultimately plagued by response bias; it's due to the fact that most people are stupid or ignorant, or both, and many are simply liars.

I have tested as an INTJ from the very beginning, before I even knew of or understood the basics of MBTI, and have retested as an INTJ every single time. I was very surprised by how well the INTJ type seemed to reflect me.

People, you are not so unique that you cannot be categorized.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

"Only people like me can get me"
    Tsk tsk tsk, even better when more than half the members are not actually INTP. It's a great place if drama and recycled garbage is what you want.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Tsk tsk tsk, even better when more than half the members are not actually INTP. It's a great place if drama and recycled garbage is what you want.
    Hustler didn't let you into the cliquey High IQ club, did he?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hustler didn't let you into the cliquey High IQ club, did he?
    What does that have to do with anything? I wouldn't join it if he said he'd light a match to the hairs on my ass...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I wouldn't join it if he said he'd light a match to the hairs on my ass...
    It was a joke.
    Obviously.

I'm not in his club either, by choice... but fortunately i have no hairs on my bum to light.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It was a joke.
    Obviously.

I'm not in his club either, by choice... but fortunately i have no hairs on my bum to light.
    Oh yay, a joke. Hooray for hairless bums...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I was reading through a meta-thread there the other day on one of my rare visits, one of those where the reasons for the shortcomings fo the site are discussed and different members blame each other (some openly and as part of a group, while the worst ones of all go for the passive aggressive tactic of presenting their criticisms of others as "self-defence" and complaining about "cliquishness").

It was quite a scary experience, because pretty much ever post I read sounded exactly like myself at varying levels of unhealthiness. They could even have been old psots I had written. Was like looking into a distorted fairground mirror which shows you the worst recesses of your own mind. Or perhaps also what having schizophrenia is like. Imagine loads of tiny versions of your own head, circling around you sniping at each other.

I don't need movies, if I want to truly horriffy myself sometime I'll just go back to that thread.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I was reading through a meta-thread there the other day on one of my rare visits, one of those where the reasons for the shortcomings fo the site are discussed and different members blame each other (some openly and as part of a group, while the worst ones of all go for the passive aggressive tactic of presenting their criticisms of others as "self-defence" and complaining about "cliquishness").

It was quite a scary experience, because pretty much ever post I read sounded exactly like myself at varying levels of unhealthiness. They could even have been old psots I had written. Was like looking into a distorted fairground mirror which shows you the worst recesses of your own mind. Or perhaps also what having schizophrenia is like. Imagine loads of tiny versions of your own head, circling around you sniping at each other.

I don't need movies, if I want to truly horriffy myself sometime I'll just go back to that thread.
    you care about soccer
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^That's an astutue observation.

Out of interest, what does Blairvoyant care about...?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sochim.