User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I that specific situation I'll agree with the second half (pushing for no reason) but not the first half ("deal with it yourself"). Most of that is because how we dealt with it there was more private and off the public forums.
    I was referring to any public comment about "I feel...". It wasn't the mods that I think encouraged it, to be clear. Mods did take it off the board (the few times they didn't... whoa.) The implication was that anyone who brought it up couldn't handle it (and towards when I left, was "so leave".)

In any case, the difference is fairly notable - the way you mods work things out is notably different, and that goes for public and private (obviously I don't know the machinery behind it, but it *feels* different, based on the outcomes involved.)

edit: An example is how brutal calling down a clique on INTPc would be if their behavior isn't appropriate. It's not always nice here, but it's way easier for the mods to "do their job" here, so to speak. (Easier as in, more flexible, more options )

MBTI
    INTP

Mac, you're asking for feedback about INTPc, but then you're arguing the feedback down. Why not take it for what it is? All feedback is subjective, and everyone's perceptions will be slightly different. But people in this thread are basically telling you why they don't want to be at INTPc, and you're not really listening to them.

I don't see any danger of MBTIc becoming a mirror of INTPc. I haven't noticed INTPs banding together to try and form a clique or bully anyone or do anything that might cause concern. The other types tend to do a pretty good job of speaking out when they don't agree, on any subject. Plus, as noted earlier, INTPs are awesome. Why would you want to make them go away?

I think that this place has a different atmosphere than INTPc, and some will prefer this, some that, and some both. I've told you my reasons before for preferring this place, but I've also posted in Haight's thread on this subject.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Mac, you're asking for feedback about INTPc, but then you're arguing the feedback down. Why not take it for what it is? All feedback is subjective, and everyone's perceptions will be slightly different. But people in this thread are basically telling you why they don't want to be at INTPc, and you're not really listening to them.
    Mostly I'm trying to clarify. Does it really appear I'm not listening?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

tallulah's right, mac. you are greatly underestimating every other type's mouth.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTJ

Why this forum in particular then? There's even faster forums out there.
    Really, what are they?
    Got links?

MBTI
    INTP

Mostly I'm trying to clarify. Does it really appear I'm not listening?
    Well, I think it looks like you're somewhat listening, but it does kinda look like you're also picking holes in certain "arguments." Like if they really thought about it, they'd retract.

For instance, I think if someone feels like there are cliques there, but not so much here, what they're saying may be more along the lines that they don't notice them as much here, or that the cliques here are more accepting of newcomers. But arguing that cliques also exist here doesn't really help to clarify that there's still a reason the person prefers it here, and it has to do with cliques. It just makes them have to defend their statement as true and provable, when they thought they were just giving personal feedback.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    The word on the street is that it's a pretty sweet place.

Can you verify this?
    It's VERY sweet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    tallulah's right, mac. you are greatly underestimating every other type's mouth.
    It's not so much they'd shut up, but what they'd say with a large concentration of INTPs around.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Really, what are they?
    Got links?
    Yeah, but many are quite vulgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Well, I think it looks like you're somewhat listening, but it does kinda look like you're also picking holes in certain "arguments." Like if they really thought about it, they'd retract.

For instance, I think if someone feels like there are cliques there, but not so much here, what they're saying may be more along the lines that they don't notice them as much here, or that the cliques here are more accepting of newcomers. But arguing that cliques also exist here doesn't really help to clarify that there's still a reason the person prefers it here, and it has to do with cliques. It just makes them have to defend their statement as true and provable, when they thought they were just giving personal feedback.
    Does asking questions feel like counter-argument? While I can do the Socratic method to this end, I don't believe I have done so here. How do I encourage a back-and-forth? Maybe it is impossible without appearing to pick holes as well.

I haven't written about the existence/non-existence of cliques at MBTIc except to ask ptgatsby about our moderation efforts. I believe the only time I disagreed outright with a serious remark turned out to be a misunderstanding (ptgatsby was talking about "I feel" statements when I thought he was talking about sexual harassment).

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, but many are quite vulgar.
    That's okay.
    I've got a filter.
    You're not the only one who is noticing this place is being flooded with INTPs.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

what i'm saying, mac, is that you're underestimating other types when it comes to defending themselves.

they seem to take care of balance here quite effectively.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery