User Tag List

First 646545556575866 Last

Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, I generally agree with that as the most POSITIVE spin I've seen on it (espoused maybe by Woolf and similar members) ... but be real. There's quite a number of people who put off the vibe that Toonia notes too... and yes, I think they meant it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    I think it's a characteristic of the F-vacuum which exists there. Unless people put the effort into spinning it positively every time, it's going to come across as 'sneering NT elitism'. You know, like everything else that occurs there
    The ideal and official position is like Anonymous described, and that certainly represents a number of people's views i would suspect. I was referring to the effects of "marketing this site" based on the way it is communicated in the "go away n00b" threads. People can certainly continue approaching it that way, but typically when it is communicated in a negative way, the person it is directed at will probably react by trolling at least for a bit. It is human nature when someone is easily offended by your presence and condescending to you, that a person's first reaction is to fight back a bit. My favorite n00b go away comment over there was "I'd like to slit everyone's throats at Typology Central". It was a kid acting tough and so almost cute, but represents the other end of the spectrum rather than the whole detached, "let's be equal but different approach". I think it is fantastic, generous, and all kinds of good stuff that this forum was created, so I was only speaking to the efficiency of having at least someone say, "yeah, come on over it's a great place". Sometimes I'll do it, but I don't have the motivation to be reading a bunch of negative n00b threads.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    intp

Never have I seen one forum so obsessed with another.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Really? You've never borne witness to the feud between GaiaOnline and 4chan?

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Really? You've never borne witness to the feud between GaiaOnline and 4chan?
    Never heard of GaiaOnline. Is it still a feud if it's largely one-sided?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's because they are sister forums.

MBTI
    intp

That's only part of it. I've seen sister fora before, but not quite the same dynamic as this one.
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Never heard of GaiaOnline. Is it still a feud if it's largely one-sided?
    It's an anime forum which provides probably about 80% of 4chan's userbase.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Also I would say the sister forum obsession seems mostly one-sided. INTPc seems mostly apathetic of what we think of them or what happens here from what I can tell.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Also I would say the sister forum obsession seems mostly one-sided. INTPc seems mostly apathetic of what we think of them or what happens here from what I can tell.
    Iunno, they're a lot more eager to inform noobs of this forum

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Iunno, they're a lot more eager to inform noobs of this forum
    Hmm are you teasing?

Nevertheless as an illustration of my point....I would be pretty quick about telling a homeless person who happens to come to my door to beg about directions to the homeless shelter without giving a fig of what the residents of the shelter said about me when the guy gets there.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"