Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The following is the insider perspective on n00bs at INTPc. Only in this case it involved derailing treads instead of threads. The clip begins with Hustler, is elaborated upon by the mass of intpness, and ends with Delilah. If only they had given Ming his last request! WHAT A WASTE!

[youtube=UVKsd8z6scw]Tequila[/youtube]
    that was good. here is hustler, aka the man behind the curtain. [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA&feature=related"]shitty wizard[/YOUTUBE]

limey's the one who isn't a failure and a fuck up.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    [youtube=xxlWvE2U0nw]Wonder Pets Music[/youtube]
    Wow. That made me tear up and gave me feelings I don't quite understand.

Still, though, can I be the turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    :[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA&feature=related"]shitty wizard[/YOUTUBE]
    There are many possibilities for metaphors here. We know the strawman argument is well established, but I think there should also be a tinman argument - equally fallacious (in certain contexts).
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wow... now I'm paranoid as to what I'd be if you posted a video to represent Typology Central somewhere
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    wow... now I'm paranoid as to what I'd be if you posted a video to represent Typology Central somewhere
    Yup. You just never know, do you?
    (of course, Hustler doesn't give a flying monkey's bottom....)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A"]whatever[/YOUTUBE]
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    limey's the one who isn't a failure and a fuck up.
    On INTPc elimination of those criteria leaves a null set.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Sometimes the wrong impression is given when someone joins INTPc and the response is "Go away, we don't want you, so join the loser forum TypologyCentral. It makes it seem like this place is a consolation prize, but it is a great place and overall more diverse.
    I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I don't think anyone means it like that. At INTPc, the whole point is that it's meant for INTPs. There's plenty of new members who have fit in right off the bat. When they're linked here, it generally means that it's very obvious that they don't have the sort of personality that meshes well with the forum culture. It's like a frat boy wanting to join a DnD session. It's not that this forum is a consolation prize, it's that it's a better fit for those kinds of people, so everyone's happy.
    Well, I generally agree with that as the most POSITIVE spin I've seen on it (espoused maybe by Woolf and similar members) ... but be real. There's quite a number of people who put off the vibe that Toonia notes too... and yes, I think they meant it.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE

I'd like to be let back into INTPc. Such a sad day (for me) when they banned me. Not that life doesn't go on, but I did rather enjoy most people over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'd like to be let back into INTPc. Such a sad day (for me) when they banned me. Not that life doesn't go on, but I did rather enjoy most people over there.
    Heh. Well, I might think Ming's ban was rather preemptive, but you sort of egged them on with yours... It was obvious where it was going, but you kept doing whatever it was you were doing; the ending sort of wrote itself.