Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I don't think there are too many risks of that. It's rather like any defection game. INTPc is a monopoly, MBTIc is not. All MBTIc needs is moderate policing to break up any of the strong cliques that would begin the "monolithic" nature of INTPc. The mods have been doing that pretty well, from what I have seen!

MBTIc, I believe, has grown too big to really have this as a problem. Least, without external support for it (please see: Reputation). So long as there are multiple and malleable camps, MBTIc will do fine. The size now can handle the various "underground" social camps and beliefs.

The only thing that I see as a risk for MBTIc is the forum drivers - the top 10% of posters and their content.
    There are cliques? I wish someone would PM me and inform me of the internal drama going on. For some reason I never notice it in any social area.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Here at MBTIc we have the cool crowd and the squares. I like to think I belong to both coalitions, being that I'm half cool and half smart.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I see. Someone list me the members! :P

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I can't think of any cool ppl right now, I'll get back to you. Try INTP Central. LOL JUST KIDDING.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    We do? If it happens, it's mostly by accident.
    Emergent behaviour due to a non-monolithic group is not by accident. The dynamics are simply different enough.

An example of this is the "Sexual harrassment" thread. That is effectively what needs to be kept in line (and the mod dynamics are vastly different in handling it/supporting that kind of issue). IOW, "deal with it yourself" = INTPc, because otherwise you are soft and emotional and blah blah. And at INTPc, attacks on that kind of statement (that was semi-starting here) would be justification for many people to start pushing the line for no reason.

It's difficult to engineer complex (and group dynamics is hella complex) issues. But the big factors trickle down.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

INTPc is like a nation-state while MBTIc is like the world itself.
    Last edited by Bufo; 11-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Here at MBTIc we have the cool crowd and the squares. I like to think I belong to both coalitions, being that I'm half cool and half smart.
    Also half-right.

What about half-arsed?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    There are cliques? I wish someone would PM me and inform me of the internal drama going on. For some reason I never notice it in any social area.
    Huh? I was saying that MBTIc has a notable lack of them, in terms of how they express themselves. There are groups of common beliefs, etc. and that's fine and normal. They just need to remain that way.

So, all MBTIc needs is to keep the cliques from forming. Giving any one dominant group/attitude (a group bound by attitude, or social network) too much social power. And I think it is large enough that very little needs to be done now (but some stuff would be... a bad idea)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

An example of this is the "Sexual harrassment" thread. That is effectively what needs to be kept in line (and the mod dynamics are vastly different in handling it/supporting that kind of issue). IOW, "deal with it yourself" = INTPc, because otherwise you are soft and emotional and blah blah. And at INTPc, attacks on that kind of statement (that was semi-starting here) would be justification for many people to start pushing the line for no reason.
    If, by that unintelligible phase, you're talking about my attempts to seek clarification on the policy, you are incorrect in your assessment.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Emergent behaviour due to a non-monolithic group is not by accident. The dynamics are simply different enough.

I that specific situation I'll agree with the second half (pushing for no reason) but not the first half ("deal with it yourself"). Most of that is because how we dealt with it there was more private and off the public forums.