User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 770

Thread: INTP Central

  1. #301
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Worst. INTP. Ever.
    No, that would be FranG.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    I've experimented with posting only in threads in their first page, before they got derailed with aimless off topic banter, or posting at the end of a 5 or 10 page thread when the banter had died out and a bit of a discussion seemed to be taking place. Posting in the middle of the banter is a complete waste of time. I tried that too, to see if on topic posts would bring a thread back on track. Fail.

    In order to even read threads, I have half a dozen people who only post banter ignored. When I run across a page of banter in a thread I stop reading. Other people like the banter, no worries, that is the culture of this forum, I accept that and have no interest in changing it. It just means that this forum doesn't meet my own needs, I'm the one who doesn't fit.

    A few months ago after last batch of bannings I did a little experiment on here. I made 20 or so posts in a week across this forum in different threads (on topic, a paragraph or two, helpful, directed at specific posters questions, etc.). At the end of that week I took inventory. I had received no rep comments on those posts and there were responses to my posts in only two the threads. So as a further experiment, I deleted all the posts except the two someone had responded to. No one noticed.

    I'm not complaining btw, the culture of the forum is something I notice and I thought a few other people would be interested in my take on it. If you aren't, just ignore me.

  3. #303
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I've experimented with posting only in threads in their first page, before they got derailed with aimless off topic banter...
    You were aware from the start that you were posting on INTP Central, right?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #304
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    ...A few months ago after last batch of bannings I did a little experiment on here. I made 20 or so posts in a week across this forum in different threads (on topic, a paragraph or two, helpful, directed at specific posters questions, etc.). At the end of that week I took inventory. I had received no rep comments on those posts and there were responses to my posts in only two the threads. So as a further experiment, I deleted all the posts except the two someone had responded to. No one noticed.
    heh. You are far craftier than I had even imagined.

    I gotta say, another thing impacting my comments here the last few days... I am physically sick again and have lessened energy, and now sort of overwhelmed by keeping too many plates in the air... and because I generally take time to reinforce people's cues and/or maintain relationships so that people won't get the idea if I ignore them too long that I don't care about them, I get worn down and now I feel sort of stuck because I can't keep up, and am actually sort of tired of trying.

    But... I can't really do this thing long-term. I guess some people do it easily. It's still an effort for me, and right now I just can't keep up so I've found myself crawling into my hole and feeling like I'm ignoring people or leaving them hanging. Learned behaviors can be effective and compensate for a time but the innate still wins out when there's not enough resources to go around...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You were aware from the start that you were posting on INTP Central, right?
    No actually, I don't post on INTP Central, it was made very clear that an INTJ was not welcome there. My comments were about posting here at TypoC. There are parallels though, since NPs also dominate this board.

  6. #306
    Senior Member avolkiteshvara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    YaYa
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post

    A few months ago after last batch of bannings I did a little experiment on here. I made 20 or so posts in a week across this forum in different threads (on topic, a paragraph or two, helpful, directed at specific posters questions, etc.). At the end of that week I took inventory. I had received no rep comments on those posts and there were responses to my posts in only two the threads. So as a further experiment, I deleted all the posts except the two someone had responded to. No one noticed.
    You must've had something Really Reallie Reelly important to say.

  7. #307
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Hmmm...

    INTPc was the first website I encountered after re-discovering the MBTI (thanks to an employee personality/workforce survey) and informally deciding to do some additional research into the value of the personality system.

    As an INTJ, I experienced some 'typism' hesitation over the authenticity of my interest in a non-INTJ forum. Even then, there was little overt aggression/resistance to much of what I wrote; if anything, I found that I was expected to better equip my reasoning with credible sources if I was to be taken seriously. Nothing really invasive or insular beyond standard cultural memes.

    As a result, I have fond memories of INTPc. Like any forum, it has the usual crop of personalities competing for individual reputation/gain with emphasis on solidifying culture-specific 'values' (Hustler/mgb are great examples of status quo-seeking INTPs who try to reinforce codes of conduct important to their particular system of belief (what it means to be an 'INTP')) as to protect variables valuable to their forum identity.

    We have the same agency here. We have people who are purposely suspicious of 'different' thinkers; those who endeavor to reinforce forum norms; and those who just interact for the sake of interaction. It's just herd behavior.

    There's little broken with INTPc that isn't broken with ourselves.

  8. #308
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    No actually, I don't post on INTP Central, it was made very clear that an INTJ was not welcome there. My comments were about posting here at TypoC. There are parallels though, since NPs also dominate this board.
    Which I guess I've illustrated here. That's what I get for trying to skim through and get the gist, I guess. Go details!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #309
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    heh. You are far craftier than I had even imagined.

    I gotta say, another thing impacting my comments here the last few days... I am physically sick again and have lessened energy, and now sort of overwhelmed by keeping too many plates in the air... and because I generally take time to reinforce people's cues and/or maintain relationships so that people won't get the idea if I ignore them too long that I don't care about them, I get worn down and now I feel sort of stuck because I can't keep up, and am actually sort of tired of trying.

    But... I can't really do this thing long-term. I guess some people do it easily. It's still an effort for me, and right now I just can't keep up so I've found myself crawling into my hole and feeling like I'm ignoring people or leaving them hanging. Learned behaviors can be effective and compensate for a time but the innate still wins out when there's not enough resources to go around...
    I'm going to stop trying to figure out how to put my brain machinations into words, because Jennifer will eventually state it all perfectly and I can just sit back and eat Cheetos. Yes, totally, me, too. In fact, I'm totally aware that I owe you a PM back, and I want to be all thoughtful, which makes me put it off, whereas here, I just kinda let stuff catch my eye, dash my immediate response off and toss it into the ring. But when I'm trying to be all thoughtful or friend-y, I put it off until it's been way too long to make a timely response. :-P

    I have noticed this tendency IRL a LOT lately. The older I get, the more people I feel responsible for keeping in touch with, and I can handle it when I'm feeling more mentally on top of things, but when I get stressed, I pull in and maybe talk to a handful of people that are right in front of my face. And then I catch flak for not keeping in touch, or people wonder if they did something wrong.

    I suppose, especially for younger INTPs, it would be hard to keep the Fe train a' rolling for very long, or even be aware it exists. Sometimes I wonder how aware I would be at ALL about social expectations, if not for my mother making me aware.
    Something Witty

  10. #310
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    We have the same agency here. We have people who are purposely suspicious of 'different' thinkers; those who endeavor to reinforce forum norms; and those who just interact for the sake of interaction. It's just herd behavior.

    There's little broken with INTPc that isn't broken with ourselves.
    +1
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The _Other_ INTP Central
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. INTP central transfer
    By rubygirl31p in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. Why MBTI Central when we have INTP Central?
    By Tonks in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO