Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Looking for more recruits for your circle jerk parties, I see.
    Why does that circle jerk differ from this circle jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I enjoy other INTPs, but this site just moves faster and I'm a speed junkie.
    Why this forum in particular then? There's even faster forums out there.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Also: if INTPs here at MBTIc would like to offer some constructive criticism about INTPc and why they prefer this community I encourage you to post them in this thread.
    Too much posing and insecurity at INTPc. It prevents people from discussing real issues without being attacked, leading to an environment of hostility towards the majority of topics that matter to people. (ie: INTPc would likely translate this as being "too sensitive" and unable to take it)

The result, however, is that discussion is heavily self-moderated. Anyone attempting to discuss interests outside of the board-regarded-appropriate methods/topics gets pushed down fast. Those that wish to discuss a broader topic with others will tend to self-moderate themselves out of the board, leaving, again, only the core attitude.

(I haven't read it in forever, however that's the feeling I have of it from when I was there. I haven't heard much to change that opinion, either.)

MBTI
    intp

Why this forum in particular, then? There's even faster forums out there.
    And I visit them, too. But if there is an MBTI forum that is bigger and faster out there, point me to it.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't think this is a circle jerk. I don't see a feedback loop here.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Too much posing and insecurity at INTPc. It prevents people from discussing real issues without being attacked, leading to an environment of hostility towards the majority of topics that matter to people. (ie: INTPc would likely translate this as being "too sensitive" and unable to take it)

The result, however, is that discussion is heavily self-moderated. Anyone attempting to discuss interests outside of the board-regarded-appropriate methods/topics gets pushed down fast. Those that wish to discuss a broader topic with others will tend to self-moderate themselves out of the board, leaving, again, only the core attitude.

(I haven't read it in forever, however that's the feeling I have of it from when I was there. I haven't heard much to change that opinion, either.)
    What sort of subjects aren't on the "approved" list?

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    And I visit them, too. But if there is an MBTI forum that is bigger and faster out there, point me to it.
    Why an MBTI fourm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't think this is a circle jerk. I don't see a feedback loop here.
    You don't?

MBTI
    intp

Why an MBTI fourm?
    It's the latest tool I've come across to figure out myself and other people. I expect I'll tire of it soon enough.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ISTP

What sort of subjects aren't on the "approved" list?
    That seems to depend on the whims of the clique that seem to make their name attacking others. It's not subjects in particular that cause the issue, it's the communication style. Certain topics, like non-INTPs, emotions, supporting status-quo, religion and what are worse, sure, but they aren't the issue in itself. Sometimes the most innocent things drag up someone's insecurity (or the group's insecurities) and it's off the races.

What it reminds me of is going to a political party's rally and questioning one of their talking points. Sometimes civil, sometimes not, but it's not terribly conductive to anything meaningful.

(And of course, it's been a long time since I have been there. The particulars have faded and only the feeling remains, for me.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That seems to depend on the whims of the clique that seem to make their name attacking others. It's not subjects in particular that cause the issue, it's the communication style. Certain topics, like non-INTPs, emotions, supporting status-quo, religion and what are worse, sure, but they aren't the issue in itself. Sometimes the most innocent things drag up someone's insecurity (or the group's insecurities) and it's off the races.

What it reminds me of is going to a political party's rally and questioning one of their talking points. Sometimes civil, sometimes not, but it's not terribly conductive to anything meaningful.

(And of course, it's been a long time since I have been there. The particulars have faded and only the feeling remains, for me.)
    Not much has changed.

They are too offended by discussions of necrophilia and, moreover, too concerned with political correctness and social harmony -- doesn't sound very INTP-like, does it?

Or I don't know, maybe they're not concerned with political correctness, they're just easily offended.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I always thought teh INTP zone should be a bit of a club. One in which, say, a non-INTP should be shamed for statements like, for example, "INTJs are just as good analysts as INTPs, and also get more done." Don't call it INTP Central if that's an acceptable platform.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    They are too offended by discussions of necrophilia and, moreover, too concerned with political correctness and social harmony -- doesn't sound very INTP-like, does it?
    Even though you say this in "jest", the point remains. The nature of groups of like individuals claim a group identity, but don't really live it. All that happens is a shifting of standards to a very narrow mindset. It's not more open, it's just closed. Group dynamics can be very different than the nature of the individuals. Especially in cases where certain groups don't have very evolved group traits - the parts that allow healthy group identification are sub-par on average on INTPc.

That's my theory anyway. I've observed it a few times when certain types get together. Happens in reverse too, with other similar types getting into bad situations as a result (get a bunch of STPs together with something "fun" and all sense of reason goes out the window!)