User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Thread: INTP Central

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Think the unibomber. Crazy dude out in some shack building bombs and sending them through the mail. That is soo INTP.
    i'm pretty damn sure he's intj with a respectable sense of humor.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by wastrd View Post
    i'm pretty damn sure he's intj with a respectable sense of humor.
    Nahh an INTJ would make a bomb in a warehouse in an industrial district. And he place it in a conventional place like a train station or court house or something.

The mail bit was pure creativity. Plus an INTJ would shave. Unibomber was a scraggly old nut.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think INTPc must be great fun for INTPs. It seems to be popular, there is nothing wrong with the place. It's just not my scene, but I'm ISFP. And I have a terrible time reading tone.

How did I come across?
    Which time?

This last post seemed conciliatory enough.

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I just found your previous post surprising since I've rarely read a post where an INTP is in shock.
    would you say that you might have been left ... in shock by Wolfy's post?

If I searched for one, possibly, but even then it would be in a blog or personal thread related to the persons real life events. Yes, there is a fair amount of arguing, but that's to be expected for an internet forum. And overall there's less drama on INTPc than on this site.
    I don't think INTPs react to conflict with "shock" ever, really. Ambivalence, annoyance, indifference, cynicism, yes... but not "shock." Shock is far too personal and not typical for "big picture" thinking...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

To be perfectly honest, shock went well with accident and that's why I put it in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I had something brilliant to add to this thread... but then I accidentally looked at wastrd's avatar. That was an hour ago... p p pplease h hhelp me!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I had something brilliant to add to this thread... but then I accidentally looked at wastrd's avatar. That was an hour ago... p p pplease h hhelp me!
    1. User Cp
    2. Edit Options
    3. Show Avatars
    4. Uncheck

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    a scraggly old nut.
    that's the closest one can get to a definition of an intp. so yeah, he possibly is.

looking at your avatar i'd guess it gave you a double erection. is that what's keeping you from posting your brilliant idea ? got your hangs busy ? freak.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm officially changing my type to EXXP... and then running my ass back over to INTP central as fast as I can. I'll peek in every once in a while over here to see what's up though, I promise

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Probably. I just think there's more chance you'll actually get a response to your post here, by SOMEONE, rather than just being routinely ignored.
    Jennifer, in all honesty, I think you are NOT ignored at INTPc. Your posts are usually so accurate and complete, that a reply becomes a moot point. They are read and appreciated though, I suspect.

INTPc members, for whatever reason, seem to shy away from praising others for there insightfulness, and label those that do as kiss ups (me ), leaving someone as insightful as you totally ignored. You might try being less insightful, or perhaps leaving holes in your posts as an opening for others to fill in, and thus feel good about themselves.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jennifer, in all honesty, I think you are NOT ignored at INTPc. Your posts are usually so accurate and complete, that a reply becomes a mute point. They are read and appreciated though, I suspect.
    It was sort of ironic that after I bitched about the other forum the other day, I posted twice there figuring I would just keep contributing regardless of feedback and suddenly got some open kudos that I was not expecting. What you say here is actually what I'm picking up, intellectually; it's just hard to overcome emotions sometimes, if one is forced to acknowledge them at all.

it's not that I'm looking for intellectual confirmation necessarily of the ideas themselves, I'm pretty confident in my thought and reasoning, I guess I participate in forums partly for the social/personal reinforcement; and getting an acknowledgment of any degree to a post is a way that I can recognize that, while I might exist wholly and fine as an isolated and independent individual, I'm still part of larger humanity and this reassures me that I am not invisible or unaccepted in the larger community.

INTPc members, for whatever reason, seem to shy away from praising others for there insightfulness, and label those that do as kiss ups (me ), leaving someone as insightfully as you totally ignored. You might try being less insightful, or perhaps leaving holes in your posts as an opening for others to fill in, and thus feel good about themselves.
    Uggh. How positively Feeling-y.

To springboard slightly on this topic, i've become aware of differences in motivation, let's say, between INTP and ENFJ. INTP will seek to create a self-contained treatise or structure on the topic, and other people are informed by reading it and following the logic. ENFJ is a better "mentor" mentality because it does what you suggest here, the goal is to not describe the topic comprehensively but instead to create spaces in which others can contribute... and for a diverse group atmosphere, this is actually a pretty useful approach since it allows everyone to plug in and feel like they're contributing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft