• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If we're going to infiltrate, then we have to start out as if we're normal INTPs (Cough, basically talk and act like one; it might be hard, but basically like a smart-arse)...
I think you might like this forum, Ming. It has more diversity and leans towards a more extroverted vibe than INTPc. I think you are rather funny and light-hearted in your evil schemes. Sometimes the wrong impression is given when someone joins INTPc and the response is "Go away, we don't want you, so join the loser forum TypologyCentral. It makes it seem like this place is a consolation prize, but it is a great place and overall more diverse.

Some online forums, especially the single type forums, are tight-knit social groups which have members who have been interacting for literally years - sometimes close to a decade. People form tight-knit groups in many environments and when that occurs there are many shared assumptions that become part of the foundation of all interactions and which are not continually re-examined. An outsider doesn't see this bedrock of social rules/assumptions and proceeds to question or act out of line with it. To those inside the group this appears either strange or stupid, etc. In order to fit into a tight-knit forum, a small town, a country church, or whatever, at first you have to pay attention to a myriad of rules and assumptions and learn to act within those boundaries. It's just the way people are. There are a few environments based on diversity, but they tend to be of a less personal nature.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you might like this forum, Ming. It has more diversity and leans towards a more extroverted vibe than INTPc. I think you are rather funny and light-hearted in your evil schemes. Sometimes the wrong impression is given when someone joins INTPc and the response is "Go away, we don't want you, so join the loser forum TypologyCentral. It makes it seem like this place is a consolation prize, but it is a great place and overall more diverse.

Some online forums, especially the single type forums, are tight-knit social groups which have members who have been interacting for literally years - sometimes close to a decade. People form tight-knit groups in many environments and when that occurs there are many shared assumptions that become part of the foundation of all interactions and which are not continually re-examined. An outsider doesn't see this bedrock of social rules/assumptions and proceeds to question or act out of line with it. To those inside the group this appears either strange or stupid, etc. In order to fit into a tight-knit forum, a small town, a country church, or whatever, at first you have to pay attention to a myriad of rules and assumptions and learn to act within those boundaries. It's just the way people are. There are a few environments based on diversity, but they tend to be of a less personal nature.
I liked your idea for 'Minimizing Misery':
All people should be presumed stupid until they prove otherwise. :laugh:
It would certainly cut down on the laundry.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Though in a way, he wins precisely because he doesn't care and they do.

I still liked my picture of Ming-Ming -- I got three positive rep from it ... on a crotchety INTP site nonetheless!

Wonder_pets_ming-ming_duckling002.jpg

Thanks, Ming!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked your idea for 'Minimizing Misery':
All people should be presumed stupid until they prove otherwise. :laugh:
It would certainly cut down on the laundry.
I ended up deleting that post because i figured if that's what people wanted they would already be doing it, but I was just trying to go with the "vote them in" instead of "vote them out" reasoning.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ended up deleting that post because i figured if that's what people wanted they would already be doing it, but I was just trying to go with the "vote them in" instead of "vote them" out reasoning.
Made sense to me.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Hustler will eat you for breakfast.:smile:
Ahaha, He can eat me for breakfast any time he wants (I'll just nibble him back. Ahh the beautiful sex fantasies with him :cheese:)

I'm just joking. But hmm.. if Hustler was a good-looking boy around my age...:drool:

Someone really needs to send this as a message over to INTPc!

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Oh, yeah, kudos, Ming -- I heard you beat the Krill rating on your first day. That is a mighty impressive achievement... Welcome to the club!
Krill rating? What's that?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Though in a way, he wins precisely because he doesn't care and they do.
I think anyone who has any sense of intellegence will realise that. I was there to have fun; and enjoy myself! (like I'm doing with this forum. Except that they banned me :doh:)

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3

Your awesomeness. Is. Seriously. Awesome. :blush:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I still liked my picture of Ming-Ming -- I got three positive rep from it ... on a crotchety INTP site nonetheless!

Wonder_pets_ming-ming_duckling002.jpg

Thanks, Ming!
I actually have no idea what Ming Ming is? :shock:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I logged in to see what the fuss was about, is that all. Ah well at least I finally said hi over there and I might post a bit. really the place hasn't chanced since I looked at it last, many years ago. astonished my account stayed active all this time.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
INTPc is very very slow... Did anyone else notice this?
yes, and most of them have huge sticks up their asses and the ones who don't are disliked by the humorless ones.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Its a form of territorial marking, when you antagonize the cultural traditions your in trouble. I think you shouldn't have tried to get cheeky with the clan leader Ming.

Yours is a simple example. Join the INTJ forum. I would love to see the outcome. Bring a bit of fun and flare, it is true when people are in their social shells colourful becomes extreme.

I should know I got banned once. looks around innocently, more intricate, for making comments about someone on my lj, mods reading it were unhappy and felt I should be temp ban. hahah. so yes if you stretch a cultural norm the outcome tends to be as it is.

Its ridiculous and you would think if they keep inactive accounts like mine for years that their tolerance threshold would be big but its not.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:laugh:
I like you Ming. :D
Ps - why....did you get banned there?
1) Cause I was 'painfully stupid'.

2) Posted too much (I only did 20.)

3) Not an INTP

4) Tried to be me

That's about it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its ridiculous and you would think if they keep inactive accounts like mine for years that their tolerance threshold would be big but its not.

Lazy <> tolerant. ;)
They tolerate you quite well if you never say anything. But then much of the forum is out of bounds (post count restrictions everywhere). So they force you to post, then tell you to STFU and GTFO! Really, they should just make it a private forum and be done with it already. Although if they didn't have noobs to eviscerate, and then conduct post-mortems over, the traffic might stop completely.

Clan leader is about right. It's becoming more and more tribal as various cliques band together against each other. It's interesting to watch. Reminds me of Lord of the Flies. :laugh: