Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No he's not.
    there might be something you do not understand about INTP's
    ... or about a pack of INTP's together...

Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP

I think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here; it's just really bad over there.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I don't go to INTPc due to groupthink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    I just think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here; it's just really bad over there. This forum seems to have more going for it.

These are fair statements. However with ton of INTP you sometimes sometimes get a borg type conscious that you'll never experience in real life; kind of what I imagine SJ feel in church.

It has its cliques but isn't as bad as it used to be. When I first joined I spent alot time trying to hold people accountable for their content rather than their join date. But well....that didn't workout so good.

Most of the time though you can garner respect with intelligent comments and out of the box thoughts.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

*takes note*

Don't text message any ISFPs, they seem to be bad at reading tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    These are fair statements. However with ton of INTP you sometimes sometimes get a borg type conscious that you'll never experience in real life; kind of what I imagine SJ feel in church.
    That's a lot of the appeal, from what I can tell. I already deal with SJs and SPs all day long. INTPc at least is something different.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Borg-like conscious, I like that. It's kinda cool and appealing, I have to admit, but also a bit freaky. However, the signal fades in and out because the forum isn't solidly (possibly not even majority) INTP.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here....
    ha ha ha ha ha....

... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    ...Of course, this still ends up looking a lot like and behaving a lot like a cliquish pace, so I suppose the differences don't matter that much, when it comes down to it.
    Pretty much. I am not saying it is based on the same things a social SJ-style clique forms (like sororities or frat houses), but the end result is simply that some people feel included and accepted and others do not, and sometimes it feels like it comes down to personalities, not content.

Basically if you feel like you're posting in a vacuum (and it's not that your posts necessarily suck, because newcomers not yet in cliques respond to you in reasonable intervals), but other people's blow-off posts are responded to regularly, then you're seeing clique-style behavior in action.

I should clarify that I don't think INTPC is awful or anything, I've been over to INTPforum and they seem far worse... which is funny because lots of them are nice people. But either you fit into the culture or don't, and sometimes it's hard to tell what makes the difference.

Hell, I'd say they argue here more than we do at INTPc!
    Probably. I just think there's more chance you'll actually get a response to your post here, by SOMEONE, rather than just being routinely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    *takes note*
    Don't text message any ISFPs, they seem to be bad at reading tone.
    heh, now that you said it, I have realized that I try to talk to ISFP friends in person because in e-mail things somehow get really garbled, yeah, they get weird on tone and also don't perceive how their tone is coming across big-picture wise.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's a lot of the appeal, from what I can tell. I already deal with SJs and SPs all day long. INTPc at least is something different.
    No negative connotations to it.

Like people think similar ways and full sentences don't always need to be typed out.

I bet a lot of the S probably think we're retards from INTP jiberish half-speak.

Borg-like conscious, I like that. It's kinda cool and appealing, I have to admit, but also a bit freaky. However, the signal fades in and out because the forum isn't solidly (possibly not even majority) INTP.
    I think they might be INTP, but there is alot of under-developed, immature INTP. So you see alot of our negative qualities.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I have a love-hate relationship with INTPc. There are a lot of cool people there, but it does have problems with group think, as someone in this thread mentioned. If you don't fit in, you're the bad guy and everyone's allowed to give you a hard time just because you're different. If you stand up for yourself and give back a little of what you've been served, you're in danger of getting banned. Meanwhile, everyone else stands around taking swipes and chuckling in your face. Of course, this is more a condemnation of humanity in general, since you'll find the same thing in most large groups.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTj

I think the admins are trying to bring INTPs over here; it's just really bad over there.
    :horor:

What the hell are you talking about!!!???
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight