User Tag List

First 1523242526273575 Last

Thread: INTP Central

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've not been there. I came to learn about other people. I don't expect to learn much in the midsts of a bunch of INTP's cackling to eachother in riddles and puns.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yeah, I can agree with that.

It takes up too much time and effort to go forum-browse more often, and even on here, I only really come to the NT section because it moves fairly quickly and I get a variety of perspectives on certain issues, yet there is still a lot of common ground where people can connect. I also go to the health section because it interests me, but I don't feel like getting into an e-clique that is dominated by similar-minded people. I like what I've seen of the community here.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTj

We aim to please, Blank.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I've not been there. I came to learn about other people. I don't expect to learn much in the midsts of a bunch of INTP's cackling to eachother in riddles and puns.
    yeah, this ^ is the issue. There's no point in posting there when 99 % of the other people there are as stubborn and hard-headed as I am ..... and believe me, I know stubborness!

I sometimes browse INTPc. It's fun, like rubbernecking an accident. People arguing, half of them in shock.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I sometimes browse INTPc. It's fun, like rubbernecking an accident. People arguing, half of them in shock.
    You are exagerrating.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    You are exagerrating.
    No he's not.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

And that's how you spot the Fs.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I didn't think anyone over there was in shock.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    The Bad?
    If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks and defend those being picked on. As with anyone that gets picked on, it's usually obvious why they get picked on. Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree, I feel like there are cliques over there and that I never fit into the main ones and thus always was rather an outsider... or that I ended up being corralled into sub-cliques that I never wanted to be isolated in. (Once cliques form, they tend to create other cliques out of the members who are not accepted into the main cliques simply as a reactive measure -- just like you're saying INTPc seems peopled by many who have been rejected from their own high school cliques.)
    I wouldn't say that I'm a part of any cliques, but I still feel reasonably accepted. At one time, you could have said that I was in a clique, though even then, I was more of a fence sitter than really a part of it. Prior to that, I didn't have any friends there, and yet I still felt accepted enough, even if people didn't pay much attention to me. Right now, I still have some friends, but we no longer converse regularly or anything.

But again, I wouldn't say that I feel like an outsider or anything. I think it's more that there's a number of certain archetypes of behavior that are accepted in INTPc, and if you fit one of them, you're more likely to be accepted and brought into one of these cliques. If you're not, there has to be something unique and creative about you (like Limey or Hustler).

Of course, this still ends up looking a lot like and behaving a lot like a cliquish pace, so I suppose the differences don't matter that much, when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No he's not.
    Hell, I'd say they argue here more than we do at INTPc!