Thread: INTP Central

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    It's full of assholes and freaks, but it does grow on you.

Hustler is the best thing about it.
    I find great amusement in the things that will ruffle feathers over there. Especially Hustler's - lol

Madrigal, Delilah, and even Mayflow add enough controversy and feather ruffling to keep me entertained for hours.

INTPc has a sort of "Cheers" flavor to it. Everybody knows your name, and strangers aren't constantly chiming in. It's certainly got a few clicks. They are amusing to observe, though, IMO. Here, everything's more fast paced, crazy, and hard to keep up with. The percentage of topics I find interesting are also much harder to dig out.

EDIT:
    I'll add some more just in case MacGuffin is actually still taking notes:
    The good things? See Above. Plus, there are a few people over there I find very interesting. Of course, a couple of em are on here too - Not just the feather rufflers either.

The Bad?
    If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks and defend those being picked on. As with anyone that gets picked on, it's usually obvious why they get picked on. Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.
    Last edited by stigmatica; 05-29-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Adding more info

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...Hustler is the best thing about it.
    Actually, now that you mention it, I can see a similarity there between the two of you in your approach and manner and priorities... (and you're both rather relentness/unwavering in the face of opposition).

No judgment either way on that, just observing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    It's certainly got a few clicks.

The Bad?
    If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch, and at the same time, I sometimes have an urge to lash out against these clicks
    You're hurting my eyes. It's CLIQUE.

He's hilarious.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...If you don't somehow find a "click" over there to at least halfway fit into, you will probably be ridiculed. Much like a typical HighSchool click might do. I suspect it's the HS ridiculed that are forming these clicks, ironically enough. It's incredibly fascinating to watch... Seems there is a lack of understanding of other's perspective's in general for INTP's, which causes the problem.
    I agree, I feel like there are cliques over there and that I never fit into the main ones and thus always was rather an outsider... or that I ended up being corralled into sub-cliques that I never wanted to be isolated in. (Once cliques form, they tend to create other cliques out of the members who are not accepted into the main cliques simply as a reactive measure -- just like you're saying INTPc seems peopled by many who have been rejected from their own high school cliques.)

Ironically, some people who I feel that I can't "click" with in a clique over there are people I get along fine with over here one-on-one. And it's not that most people are trying to be cliquish but it simply happens.

Over here, I think that there are some cliques too; but the variety here creates more places for people to fit in (whereas on INTPc, it's homogenous enough that either you fit or you don't), and I don't feel like I'm really part of any of them... yet I don't really feel excluded either. I still fit, but more of as an individual that floats among what cliques might exist.

I think too that there is more social sensibility... sometimes you can see people misusing it to create cliques and be self-promoting, but you also see people trying to create space for others/newcomers so as to not have people feel excluded. Over there, it's predictably "everyone for themselves"... and that's just an observation, I'm not judging it, it just fits the mentality.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    You're hurting my eyes. It's CLIQUE.
    In my defense, I knew it was spelled differently, I just couldn't remember how. I was going to edit it after posting, but had a conference call. Now I have to leave it to maintain post congruity

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, now that you mention it, I can see a similarity there between the two of you in your approach and manner and priorities... (and you're both rather relentness/unwavering in the face of opposition).

No judgment either way on that, just observing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In my defense, I knew it was spelled differently, I just couldn't remember how. I was going to edit it after posting, but had a conference call. Now I have to leave it to maintain post congruity
    I was a good girl and tried REALLY hard not to correct it for you when I was quoting.

... but geez, please don't ask me to refrain again, it was agonizing. heh

MBTI
    intp

Good boy. Just don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was a good girl and tried REALLY hard not to correct it for you when I was quoting.

... but geez, please don't ask me to refrain again, it was agonizing. heh
    I tried. I could overlook it the first time, but by the end of the post I was gagging on my bitten tongue. I had to.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

He is fantastic, isn't he?
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    He is fantastic, isn't he?
    ...Force of nature.

His one response to Haight the other day was so annoying and yet so predictable and unapologetic that I had to laugh out loud. He just is who he is.