User Tag List

First 816171819202868 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 770

Thread: INTP Central

  1. #171
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwsomestINTPEva!!
    If all someone sees is black then it makes more sense to me to show them white than charcoal. I'm more confrontational in that sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    If all someone sees is black then it doesn't make sense to show them anything but black. It's an exercise in futilty.
    See now this is kind of the problem with the whole critical analysis mindset. If all you look for is faults then that is what you will find. I said "If all someone sees.." it's only in your interpretation that makes that literal instead of indicative of the choices of the subject. Hence in your interpretation it looks like a complete slip up and worthless... if you look for the value you may have had better luck.
    Of course that would be better, but it's not always possible. It is brave to accept that there are things we don't know. It is cowardly to cling to unsound ideas because you are afraid of the dark.
    Precisely, however also wrong simultaneously.

    Objectively you are correct but socially and as a non island entity you are often wrong. To live past the next sunrise I'd suggest not trying to increase the speed at which you approach existentialistic depression and instead build using probability, faith or just plain arrogance. Anything is better than churlish negativity.
    I wasn't talking about emotional instability. Anecdotal evidence is useless in this argument since our experiences/perceptions are so different. I was talking about over-identifying with the products of your imagination. Over-investing in your own ideas.
    Which INTPs do. They're known for it.

    I think it's stated in the type descriptions of a few places that if you ignore an INTP when they're trying to say something or ignore their solution which they've carefully crafted then they can get really pissy.
    I don't agree. You seem to be fixating on objectivity i.e. doing what you accuse others of. It is possible to be both enthusiastic and open-minded.
    An enthusiasm is not a zealot. A zealot loses their wider perception an enthusiast just merely enjoys that specific arena.

    As for a fixation on objectivity, not precisely. I do admit to a fixation on balance. If that is objective then so be it.
    However, I think we have probably strayed some way off-topic.
    When do we not?
    And in any event, I agree that this forum is way better .
    Of course you do. What kind of fool disagrees with me?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #172
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    See now this is kind of the problem with the whole critical analysis mindset. If all you look for is faults then that is what you will find. I said "If all someone sees.." it's only in your interpretation that makes that literal instead of indicative of the choices of the subject. Hence in your interpretation it looks like a complete slip up and worthless... if you look for the value you may have had better luck.
    Or perhaps you just didn't express yourself effectively?

    You could have reacted to my comment in two ways:
    -provided clarification.
    -defensively.
    You chose the latter.

    I don't look for faults. They look for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Objectively you are correct but socially and as a non island entity you are often wrong. To live past the next sunrise I'd suggest not trying to increase the speed at which you approach existentialistic depression and instead build using probability, faith or just plain arrogance. Anything is better than churlish negativity.
    Why is it churlish? I don't suffer existential depression. I can tolerate ambiguity. On most subjects I am ambivalent. Maybe this is the key difference. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

    I think it's stated in the type descriptions of a few places that if you ignore an INTP when they're trying to say something or ignore their solution which they've carefully crafted then they can get really pissy.
    That's entirely different from picking their solution apart.
    One is personal, the other is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    An enthusiasm is not a zealot. A zealot loses their wider perception an enthusiast just merely enjoys that specific arena.

    I didn't say it was good to be a zealot, just that zeal doesn't have to be a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #173
    We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    The great thing about the above debate, is it is exactly the kind you get over there.

    Silly INTPs calling the kettle black.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

  4. #174
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't look for faults. They look for me.
    And INTPc is looking for your faithful membership.




    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #175
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The great thing about the above debate, is it is exactly the kind you get over there.

    Silly INTPs calling the kettle black.
    Okay let' try this short fashion. I'm not going to respond to any responses unless in dire need of entertainment.

    #1 If that was what you call a debate then please warn me next time. I hate competition.

    #2 It may be like what happens at INTPc but how that relates to anything escapes me. Has anyone said that this place is cool cause it's nothing like INTPc? Did I miss that bit?

    Seriously... your point has broken off somewhere between behind your ear and the page.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #176
    We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Okay let' try this short fashion. I'm not going to respond to any responses unless in dire need of entertainment.

    #1 If that was what you call a debate then please warn me next time. I hate competition.

    #2 It may be like what happens at INTPc but how that relates to anything escapes me. Has anyone said that this place is cool cause it's nothing like INTPc? Did I miss that bit?

    Seriously... your point has broken off somewhere between behind your ear and the page.
    Why so defensive?
    One of your main complaints was that the people over there pick apart each others arguments and don't bother to put them back together, an inability, at times, to see the forest through the trees if you will. Which is exactly what the two of you are doing. I never said a thing about better / worse / cooler, only made the comparison that you seem to be doing what you claim bothers you at the other site.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

  7. #177
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Why so defensive?
    One of your main complaints was that the people over there pick apart each others arguments and don't bother to put them back together, an inability, at times, to see the forest through the trees if you will. Which is exactly what the two of you are doing. I never said a thing about better / worse / cooler, only made the comparison that you seem to be doing what you claim bothers you at the other site.
    That's funny because it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #178
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's funny because it's true.
    It's what INTPs do. it's to be expected, it only is bothersome when it becomes personal.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  9. #179
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's funny because it's true.
    The truth hurts.

    Which is funny.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #180
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    *yawn* however, long, drawn out, overly pointless arguments are pretty f-ing boring... which is why I'm more frequently here (and more often lurk than post there). I even get bored with my own threads once people start getting boring and such

    It's more fun to pick a small detail and make a joke about it than pick the detail and dissect it for the next 2 days
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The _Other_ INTP Central
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. INTP central transfer
    By rubygirl31p in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. Why MBTI Central when we have INTP Central?
    By Tonks in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO