User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 770

Thread: INTP Central

  1. #121
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It saddens me I miss out on the good stuff like this, you know as an Aussie I can really swing a mean cricket bat, I’d be handy.
    *looks on adoringly*

    You're Aussie and can handle a bat!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  2. #122
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    *looks on adoringly*

    You're Aussie and can handle a bat!
    Yuppers. And I do love me ISFPs too, good pick there

    It's also fun watching Synarch going a little crazy cause of your change

  3. #123
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah, this one time, this INTP n00b came to an INTPc meetup and we jumped him in the parking lot and beat him with cricket bats. When he finally stumbled into the bar, he called the cops and accused us of beating him. Everyone had a good laugh, because honestly, who in America even knows what a cricket bat LOOKS like?

    He took the hint and stopped posting.
    In true INTP style I'm over egging it for impact of course.

    Besides being hit in the head with a teddy once is irritating but when you begin to feel like someone's got an artillery unit firing the damned things at you it's a totally new teddy park.

    I guess it's the whole thing of INTPc doesn't necessarily mean that all INTPs are welcome. As with everything only certain people are included. It's a necessary trait of the beast.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  4. #124
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    In true INTP style I'm over egging it for impact of course.

    Besides being hit in the head with a teddy once is irritating but when you begin to feel like someone's got an artillery unit firing the damned things at you it's a totally new teddy park.

    I guess it's the whole thing of INTPc doesn't necessarily mean that all INTPs are welcome. As with everything only certain people are included. It's a necessary trait of the beast.
    Why don't you feel included?

  5. #125
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    What is an INTP?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  6. #126
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    It's like an owl sitting in a tree, only the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #127
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why don't you feel included?
    I'm obviously not of the right country/ culture and have differing ideas on things. Also I'm not negative feedback and so don't always find it humourous or helpful to have everything shot full of holes. There is a minority that I recall who would build upon an idea and read until they understood but there was a far greater majority who would criticise until you either persuaded them or gave up and who would rather read the surface or just ask for things to be spoonfed before they would engage. Oddly though the spoonfeeding would not be obvious otherwise it would be deemed as patronising and still garner little response.

    Oh and personally... too many damned 5s!!
    :steam:

    Screw bunker busting ammunition... I want something that'll level a cave permanently.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  8. #128
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Hmm.. I enjoyed the "everyone thinks they're a critic" atmosphere when I was there. I didn't find it too boisterous or too facetious at all.

  9. #129
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hmm.. I enjoyed the "everyone thinks they're a critic" atmosphere when I was there. I didn't find it too boisterous or too facetious at all.
    It's not really criticism I experienced though... more like a group of geeks who after being pushed around by jocks for too long decided to band together and form their own style of bully tactics. Most of the time it's just irritating but occasionally it's tiring enough to be truely annoying.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  10. #130
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    It's not really criticism I experienced though... more like a group of geeks who after being pushed around by jocks for too long decided to band together and form their own style of bully tactics. Most of the time it's just irritating but occasionally it's tiring enough to be truely annoying.
    "Bully tactics" against specific kinds of posters? Who were they used on?

    I just didn't notice the malice you're talking about, so I'm wondering.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The _Other_ INTP Central
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. INTP central transfer
    By rubygirl31p in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. Why MBTI Central when we have INTP Central?
    By Tonks in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO