• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ greatest fears??? or is it just me???

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, the idea of the hyperactive, insensitive ENTP is also an extreme case, but people often do that when comparing their type with other types - they comapare either their own manifestation or best case scenario of their own type with a worst case of the other.

Leadership takes on a whole different character though depending on who it is that needs leading. At the moment I've got my work cut out with a home educating local group, full of hippies and people with axes to grind against authority and structure, 95% females so maximum drama, minimum clarity... at the moment there's me, an ENTJ guy and an ISTP woman providing the only T in a group of over 50 people. Talk about an uphill treadmill!! You could say this might be a scenario that conforms pretty closely to an ENT's worst nightmare...

Last edited:

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
At the moment I've got my work cut out with a home educating local group, full of hippies and people with axes to grind against authority and structure, 95% females so maximum drama, minimum clarity... at the moment there's me, an ENTJ guy and an ISTP woman providing the only T in a group of over 50 people. Talk about an uphill treadmill!! You could say this might be a scenario that conforms pretty closely to an ENT's worst nightmare...

As an ENTJ female, I have very few NT female friends, and this can lead to me feeling a little alienated. I grew up not quite understanding the emotional rollercoaster that my friends seemed to experience, and still don't understand hysteria.

So it must be tough as an NT in an overly dramatic work environment!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes... being unspokenly expected to fulfill a leadership role, where people get stroppy and knee-jerk react whenever you make any decisions or give any 'orders' (however nicely) and say you're not the boss what gives you the right etc etc but they reserve the right to complain and blame you if things DON'T get done; a job that you're constantly having to hand-wring and apologise for doing... yet if you don't do it, people complain even more... I think it's a situation where most ENTJ's would just head for the door... only an ENTP would be dumb enough to keep hoping it can be made better and trying to find solutions... lol though I think most ENTP's would've given up by now too... I'm only still trying for my daughter's sake.

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
only an ENTP would be dumb enough to keep hoping it can be made better and trying to find solutions... lol though I think most ENTP's would've given up by now too... I'm only still trying for my daughter's sake.

I don't know, I think the J makes us a bit stubborn and tunnel-visioned when it comes to fulfilling plans :doh:

I hope it gets better - use your great NTP imagination to make things work. I know what it feels like to be surrounded by people who just don't 'get it' and how frustrating that can be.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do
3)not havin immediate deep thinker or believers of my ideas or similar once
4)talkin to people abt generalized subjects for too long without turnin it into sumthin analytic
5)temptin to argue for fun or WORST - having to hold my tongue
6)wantin to break a rule for fun like an idiot. not for just breakin the rules sake but to c whether my intuition is correct.whether my prediction was correct regardin the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES.
7)feelin no immediate problem to solve(i dont mean savin the world but i mean a nice little discussion)
8)feelin that i dont have a plan, for a plans sake.to do sumthin.
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP (dont get me wrong i think ENTPs ARE COOOOOOOOL but they are sed to be very INSENSITIVE. i dont want to be insensitive. i care abt my frends n other humans more than ENTPs)

pls dont misunderstand me, i dont have anythin against ENTPs but i dont like the fact that they are a bit too insensitive.
i do think they are COOOOOL.

so guys what do you think is it just me or is it all ENTJs or am i being too sentimental?

5) Having to hold your tongue is worst. UUUGH!
8) Yeah I know... I'm a pretty compulsive planner, although I try to be very spontaneous and carefree.
9) I'm scared of turning into an ENTP because there was a time I was out of my mind and very ENTP; I wrecked things... it was a narcissistic time!
When I was young, my brain and my childhood caused me to be a caricature of an ENTJ - being insensitive and exuding a 'so what' attitude; ENTP's are insensitive in a more aggressive way -- 'I get what I want, I do what I want because I deserve it', more 8w7 or 3ish.
I've always had clashes with 8w7 (ESTJ) people, so I'm careful not to become anything I do not like myself.

My biggest fears:
1) Weakening (I'm a major hypochondric and very obsessive about my health, mental and physical)
2) Not knowing what's going on and/or what's going to happen (=loss of confidence=weakening/loss of control)
3) Something influencing me and my rational mind (being a 'fool') / being controlled (you can get abused, man!)
4) Being dependent (they can weaken you, man!)
5) Restlessness (relates to 2) nothing to do)
6) Having to compromise (it's not fair!)
7) Not having laws... my emotions and intuitions are very fuzzy, and under heavy stress, I create rules for the sake of rules, so that I have some kind of direction. I must know where I'm going and what I'm doing.
All in all: loss of the will and the mind (loss of consciousness). Basic human fears I think tho :)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do
4)talkin to people abt generalized subjects for too long without turnin it into sumthin analytic
6)wantin to break a rule for fun like an idiot. not for just breakin the rules sake but to c whether my intuition is correct.whether my prediction was correct regardin the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES.
7)feelin no immediate problem to solve(i dont mean savin the world but i mean a nice little discussion)
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP (dont get me wrong i think ENTPs ARE COOOOOOOOL but they are sed to be very INSENSITIVE. i dont want to be insensitive. i care abt my frends n other humans more than ENTPs)

pls dont misunderstand me, i dont have anythin against ENTPs but i dont like the fact that they are a bit too insensitive.

so guys what do you think is it just me or is it all ENTJs or am i being too sentimental?
Are you sure you're an ENTJ? I ask because I wonder why you care about being insensitive. Also, how can you handle making so many punctuation and spelling mistakes?

My biggest fears are failure and being duped (part of the reason I'm such a skeptic).

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you sure you're an ENTJ? I ask because I wonder why you care about being insensitive. Also, how can you handle making so many punctuation and spelling mistakes?

My biggest fears are failure and being duped (part of the reason I'm such a skeptic).

ENTJ's tendency to be insensitive can be compared to the ISFP's sense of being too dramatic -- eventually one might question 'maybe it's too much :huh:':jew:

I agree with the punctuation and spelling mistakes - ENTJ's are very focused on these things. I can't help myself correcting others on this (and yes, I know it's anal) - it's just a thorn in my eye!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

I see no spelling errors. :huh:

Believe me, if I type something really fast, I can seem like a drunk touching the keyboard.

Then again, its the internet, who gives a damn about spelling? :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) Staying alone
2)Feeling like nothing to do
3)Not having immediate deep thinker (???) or believers of my ideas or similar (???) once
4)Talking to people aboutt generalized subjects for too long without turning it into someumthing analytic
5)Tempting to argue for fun or WORST - having to hold my tongue
6)Wanting to break a rule for fun like an idiot. Not for just breaking the rules sake but to csee whether my intuition is correct. Whether my prediction was correct regarding the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES.
7)Feeling (like having) no immediate problem to solve(I don't mean saving the world, but I mean a nice little discussion)
8)Feelin that I don't have a plan, for a plans sake. To do something <clarify?>.
9)Scared of turning into an ENTP (dont get me wrong, I think ENTPs ARE cooOOOOOOl but they are saidsed to be very INSENSITIVE. I don't want to be insensitive. I care about my friends and other humans more than ENTPs.)

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't have anything against ENTPs, but I don't like the fact that they are a bit too insensitive.
I do think they are cooOOOl.

So guys, what do you think? Is it just me, or is it all ENTJs or am I being too sentimental?

Then again, its the internet, who gives a damn about spelling? :)
We tend to write rather well in here, making it hard for a person with bad spelling to get their message across. I have to fight it as well - as a person with English as a second language, I tend to write clumsy sentences if I don't really concentrate on it.

Algora J

I think as far as ENTJs go, that they tend to be quite reserved in their personalities. Rather, they do not seem like typical extroverts who party-hardy and all over the place. Most of the ENTJs I have encountered tend to strike people as opinionated, intimidating, and confident/aggressive. However, all the ENTJs I know also happen to have a dark side, in which they chronically suffer from loneliness.

I would say that ENTJs' greatest fear is being seen as incompetent or financially unsuccessful. As far as being alone with nothing to do, I think a pervasive boredom would indicate an ENTJ who is attempting to fill in the blanks with distractions---distractions really make people feel less in touch with their destiny, and more in tuned with their neuroses, which could be a bad thing for the ENTJ.

As far as spelling, I've had the pleasure of being an acquaintance to one ENTJ male, whom most others would consider a total asshole, and he had horrific spelling habits, and could not fend for himself in the simplest ways.

Perhaps a love of that sort of detail is related more to one's education than to personality type.

DestructoGirl30

MBTI Type
infj
I think as far as ENTJs go, that they tend to be quite reserved in their personalities. Rather, they do not seem like typical extroverts who party-hardy and all over the place. Most of the ENTJs I have encountered tend to strike people as opinionated, intimidating, and confident/aggressive. However, all the ENTJs I know also happen to have a dark side, in which they chronically suffer from loneliness.

My husband is an ENTJ and this describes him perfectly. I am always amazed at how intimidated people are of him especially when I know he really is a teddy bear inside.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say that ENTJs' greatest fear is being seen as incompetent or financially unsuccessful.

I don't have many ENTJ acquaintances, so I can only speak for myself.
I'd hate to be incompetent, but I couldn't care less about financial success. Being in a leadership position, working on something that I really enjoy, planning things carefully - these factors are much more motivating. I'd do anything to execute my grand plans, but earning money is not the ultimate goal for me.

I'm still in high school though, so I may be a little naive :blush:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an ENTJ without a dark side. I'm just an extremely shallow 99-percent-extravert that cannot really feel unhappy - even if I try.

Financial success and compentency - I'd say that competency is definitely something useful, but sometimes it's necessary to risk looking incompetent in order to learn something new. Having money is good simply because you can realize your dreams with more ease.

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) stayin alone- No
2)feeling nothin to do- Yes
- No
4)talkin to people abt generalized subjects for too long without turnin it into sumthin analytic - No
5)temptin to argue for fun or WORST - having to hold my tongue- No
6)wantin to break a rule for fun like an idiot. not for just breakin the rules sake but to c whether my intuition is correct.whether my prediction was correct regardin the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES. -No
7)feelin no immediate problem to solve - No
8)feelin that i dont have a plan, for a plans sake.to do sumthin. - Yes
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP - No

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do

Mark, I just came to the realization that my dad is an ENTJ. All this time I thought he was a stereotypical ESTJ, but as of lately our relationship has gotten much better to the point that we talk more as friends rather than just father son. The amazing thing here, is all the qualities you listed, fit him very well.

EDIT: Ooops, I need to leave here like quick and pronto before the grammar Nazi's come take me away.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
1) stayin alone
-Not so much for me.

2)feeling nothin to do
-Check.

-Check.

-Check. I don't do well at this one. Hence the, "You're over-thinking it!" comments.

-Check. Holding my tongue is definitely a fight against evil.

-Not so much.

-Not a fear, but annoying at times.

-Check. I like knowing what I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it.

-N/A Don't really know any.

so guys what do you think is it just me

Just in the grammatical and spelling issues. ;)

Edit: For me, my #1 greatest fear is allowing myself to become vulnerable to someone and being wounded with it, or because of it. I won't turn to them afterward.

I have some serious vulnerability issues.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Edit: For me, my #1 greatest fear is allowing myself to become vulnerable to someone and being wounded with it, or because of it. I won't turn to them afterward.

I have some serious vulnerability issues.

At least you have that. I had to get kicked around several times to be as gun shy as I am.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would say that ENTJs' greatest fear is being seen as incompetent or financially unsuccessful. As far as being alone with nothing to do, I think a pervasive boredom would indicate an ENTJ who is attempting to fill in the blanks with distractions---distractions really make people feel less in touch with their destiny, and more in tuned with their neuroses, which could be a bad thing for the ENTJ.

i think this is the best description of me that I've ever read.

I would be curious to hear a further description of the ENTJ dark side. The chronic suffering from loneliness is an apt description of what I encounter from time to time. Extroverts who enjoy extroverting, yet often live like introverts, due to a lack of willing minions seems to aptly apply to the ENTJs.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
I would be curious to hear a further description of the ENTJ dark side. The chronic suffering from loneliness is an apt description of what I encounter from time to time. Extroverts who enjoy extroverting, yet often live like introverts, due to a lack of willing minions seems to aptly apply to the ENTJs.

Ohh! *runs off to start thread*