• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Habit

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Anyone else have a habit of pissing people off when you dont mean to. Sometimes I find it funny. Other times I dont even care that they're upset. I always find that they're overreacting.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Yes, people have a habit of projecting emotion onto neutral statements or actions. They don't understand that not everyone feels something about everything they do.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is why I so rarely share my true opinions these days. Just the other day I offended someone because I jokingly said that I would like to vote for some obscure, ridiculous party like the communist party. Granted, it was probably the "ridiculous" part that did it, but I still think it's true.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No, I usually mean to. That's a big diff between ENTP and INTP.

heart

heart on fire
That's a habit not limited to NTs. I can piss a certain type of person off just walking into the room. :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I was actually just thinking about this today and I realized I used to be the typical, grumpy, harsh, critical, immature NT but I still had a way of leaving people with a favorable opinion of me after they had been around me for a while.

I don't know the insensitivity still bites me in the ass sometimes but I've learned to implement a process of checking for the emotional tones of situations before I speak up. I think it really helps because sometimes like you said people will have strong feelings over things that I think are evident and logically alright to be critical of.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps. I have a habit of saying things in an unflattering way because my mind races so quickly.

But sometimes, I want to piss people off for various reasons.

Case in point, I remember back in high school where I called a black person the "N" word just to see what would happen.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That's a habit not limited to NTs. I can piss a certain type of person off just walking into the room. :D

That's interesting. How do you manage to do that?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In Detroit, I'd probably piss off people just by being there. Hell, people in my mother's neighborhood near Downtown Cleveland give me dirty looks.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone else have a habit of pissing people off when you dont mean to. Sometimes I find it funny. Other times I dont even care that they're upset. I always find that they're overreacting.

The only people that I manage to offend without intention or awareness are FJs, and fuck their sensitivities anyway.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes, if I want to say what I'm thinking but don't want the people I'm with to get offended or take it the wrong way, I'll just make an effort to say it in a very palatable and joking way. And that really can work... but definitely not always...

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes, if I want to say what I'm thinking but don't want the people I'm with to get offended or take it the wrong way, I'll just make an effort to say it in a very palatable and joking way. And that really can work... but definitely not always...

Yeah... I think I've worn out my welcome with this method. It's something I over utilize. Especially as a defense in arguments or when I'm in the wrong.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Definitely not. Some people are so sensitive about certain subjects that to even broach one (especially jokingly) manages to offend them.