• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do NT women differ from NT men?

centerofthesun

MBTI Type
INTx
Aside from feeling alienated from the cultural stereotype of women, what, generally, do NT women do differently? (i.e. Are they more emotional, better at relationships, less agressive? Do they desire more to get married and have kids than their male counterparts? etc) This is something I've been interested in, but alas, I am the only NT female I know of IRL, and my view of myself is ultimately biased.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aside from feeling alienated from the cultural stereotype of women, what, generally, do NT women do differently? (i.e. Are they more emotional, better at relationships, less agressive? Do they desire more to get married and have kids than their male counterparts? etc) This is something I've been interested in, but alas, I am the only NT female I know of IRL, and my view of myself is ultimately biased.

We're HAWT!

1. Everything.
2. No, No, Definitely not.
3. No.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
We are awesome!

NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships, unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are awesome!
The balance probably makes NT women better

exactly what I was going to say and in the exact same context too ;)

jokes aside, NT women do bring about balance and they are more balanced too.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are awesome!
True.
NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships,

I don't agree. I know 4 or 5 NT men (for sure) IRL and all of them have better developed Fe than I do.

INTP men in particular are really quite fluffy, when it comes down to it.

I only know 1 NT woman, IRL - me. And I skew the sample, so it's hard to make judgments.

unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.

Speak for yourself! They're tripping over themselves for me! :smile:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are awesome! NT women learn to fake some F to survive in society and that helps us develop that function better (fake it till you make it). I think NT women are more balanced between their N and T function. NT men suppress their N more than NT women do, it's more acceptable for women to be intuitive or random, so the NT men end up relying on their T function making them more one dimensional.

I generally agree with this, it's probably one of the factors. I do find NTJ women a lot harder (they seem to have far stronger opinions openly and aren't deterred by conflict) than NTP women, who come across as softer because they flex... which might make them seem more "female" in style, even if they aren't F inside.

The balance probably makes NT women better at relationships, unfortunately not many men want a relationship with an NT women, so getting into one is certainly not easier.

Yeah, we're not foo-foo enough. Probably do not give enough strokes to the male ego, especially if undeserved; and being autonomous means we don't "create a space" for guys in the same way some women seem to play into.

Although I love letting 'em carry stuff for me. ;)

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx

I only know 1 NT woman, IRL - me. And I skew the sample, so it's hard to make judgments.
The INTP men I've known weren't very fluffy, I'd describe them as emotionally stunted, lucky you. I usually only find Fe in ExFJ guys. :wubbie:

I skew the sample the other way. ;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
True.

I don't agree. I know 4 or 5 NT men (for sure) IRL and all of them have better developed Fe than I do.

Yeah.
I'd say the difference is that the men don't get half as much flack for their NTness. On the contrary.

LOL. But are they the right ones? Do you want the spineless twits NT women too often have a knack for attracting? Those and the SJ-fascist types. :shock:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's because you shackled their ankles together!

INTP guys seem to be either fluffy (Ne focus) OR stiff (Ti focus).
(There. I played the middle -- all bases covered!)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

INTP guys seem to be either fluffy (Ne focus) OR stiff (Ti focus).
(There. I played the middle -- all bases covered!)

Ones who are bipolar between fluffy and stiff FTW!
(actually that's me, except the penis)

MBTI Type
ENTP
We're HAWT!

1. Everything.
2. No, No, Definitely not.

We do everything differently except for the only 3 things she mentioned?

NT women have vaginas and different hormone ratios. I'm sure the other proven sex differences might come into play too. There are probably fewer female INTP geniuses and retards, for instance.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTP men I've known weren't very fluffy, I'd describe them as emotionally stunted, lucky you. I usually only find Fe in ExFJ guys. :wubbie:

I skew the sample the other way. ;)
It's all relative. I was comparing them to me. ;)
And, yes, they are well balanced ones. NTJs on the other hand, are just f'ing scary as!
Yeah.
I'd say the difference is that the men don't get half as much flack for their NTness. On the contrary.

LOL. But are they the right ones? Do you want the spineless twits NT women too often have a knack for attracting? Those and the SJ-fascist types. :shock:

Nope and Nope.

Spinelessness pwns fascism tho'.....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:shock:

booylab said:

But we're HAWT!!!

booylab said:
There are probably fewer female INTP geniuses and retards, for instance.

It's hard to isolate it down to genetics/hormones or just the socialization that occurs. i wonder what the type development is like across national boundaries where different socialization rules are in effect.

(Sort of like the "women in math" situation.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D

And she keeps them in the dungeon.
is there a webcam in here or somethin'? :thelook:

NT women have vaginas and different hormone ratios. I'm sure the other proven sex differences might come into play too. There are probably fewer female INTP geniuses and retards, for instance.
Proven sex differences? Prove it!

:wubbie:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Since those statistics are taken from the general population of women, is it necessarily true that the distribution of geniuses and retards will be the same for every personality type?

Same with men. How do we know that NT men will have more geniuses and retards than those in the middle ground in-between? It could be the case that there are more genius NT men and very few retards (not saying that it is), which would not reflect what the general trend is in the population of men. But there really isn't any reason to believe that because, overall, men have more geniuses and retards than women, that populations of INTP men or women will reflect this phenomenon.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's right, I'm going to hack off my tits, get penis surgery and let the love rain down on me. It's time.

Freak! :D

You know, that's gonna draw the guys right in. I just know it. Happy days are here for you again, hon!

Is there a webcam in here or somethin'? :thelook:

Does "It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again!" mean anything to you?

Since those statistics are taken from the general population of women, is it necessarily true that the distribution of geniuses and retards will be the same for every personality type?

Same with men. How do we know that NT men will have more geniuses and retards than those in the middle ground in-between? It could be the case that there are more genius NT men and very few retards (not saying that it is), which would not reflect what the general trend is in the population of men. But there really isn't any reason to believe that because, overall, men have more geniuses and retards than women, that populations of INTP men or women will reflect this phenomenon.

Yawn. Great. Someone else actually wants evidence?
What's wrong with our BEE-YOU-TEE-FOOL theory????