• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do NT women differ from NT men?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm aware of the "flying without a co-pilot" fact (I think the sex difference in incidence of colour-blindness is the most common and easy example to cite) and perhaps my wording of "more" was a little sloppy, but I fail to see how the very thing you're asserting isn't actually proving my point: women aren't gambling with as few chances as men are. The male's lack of an alternative option means he's playing with different odds. Women are far more likely to come out "safe" but men are far more likely to "go big or go home." If one assumes any correlation between genetics and intelligence (given how biological v. adopted children score relative to both sets of parents, it's likely there's a genetic component somewhere) they can also assume it will follow the same trend as stated above.

All that aside, it's illogical to assume that when you're adding multiple variables (differences in genetic material, differences in hormones which is brain chemistry, sexual characteristics, overall metabolism and everything else) the single differentiator is purely sociological.

I'm sure you've also learned that it's never just environment and it's never just genetics--there's always an interaction.

Yes to most of the above, however, there is no data to suggest that intelligence is in any way related to genes on Y. Otherwise all women would be thick as sh*t (instead of just 90% of them). Like you said Y is short - it doesn't do much. And women are gonna get the most favourable genes on X because of the built in redundancy. Therefore, the argument about extremes of intelligence being related to sex chromosone diffs doesn't hold water.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT women are somewhat more balanced.
NT men tend to specialize more.
This is what I believe to be true from personal experience.
Let me revise your experience: I'm not in the least balanced. I hover at the extremes.
On the note of fucking and running not being a good choice in the olden days, it actually was the preferred one.
Olden days? WTF?
If there was no evolutionary advantage to male/female pair bonding, oxytocin/vasopressin wouldn't exist. Evolution doesn't fuck about.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Let me revise your experience: I'm not in the least balanced. I hover at the extremes.

Olden days? WTF?
If there was no evolutionary advantage to male/female pair bonding, oxytocin/vasopressin wouldn't exist. Evolution doesn't fuck about.

However, I do not know you.

What's wrong with the word olden?
Oh no, there is an advantage to it. It's not advantageous for the majority of males to be assholes simultaneously, males like these would be more likely to get diseases, have shittier lives by several levels, be lynched or killed by other means, a male like this would also have to be somewhat of a nomad, which is a fairly inefficient style of life.
I'm just saying that when looking at this purely from the point of "offspring left" it has it's certain advantages.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, I do not know you.

What's wrong with the word olden?
Oh no, there is an advantage to it. It's not advantageous for the majority of males to be assholes simultaneously, males like these would be more likely to get diseases, have shittier lives by several levels, be lynched or killed by other means, a male like this would also have to be somewhat of a nomad, which is a fairly inefficient style of life.
I'm just saying that when looking at this purely from the point of "offspring left" it has it's certain advantages.

You don't need to know me, you just need to believe me.

Olden = arcane

Different species have different breeding strategies. The more primitive life forms often produce a super-abundance of offspring with a low survival rate. For the higher ones (e.g. apes, elephants, whales) this is not an efficient strategy. We can't pump kids out at a rate of knots - it's a very biologically expensive thing to do. Therefore, we take better care of the the few offspring we produce. Biology 101.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Oh yes, I fully understand that it wouldn't be a smart choice if everyone did that. What I'm trying to say is that it's advantageous while the population of the Casanovas is quite low.

I sill don't see how the word olden was misused.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I like "olden".
Olden is a good word.
At least it is, here in the States.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yes, I fully understand that it wouldn't be a smart choice if everyone did that. What I'm trying to say is that it's advantageous while the population of the Casanovas is quite low.
:doh:
I sill don't see how the word olden was misused.

Olden is not specific enough for the context. It spans a vast period of human (pre)history.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Say Blue, maybe you just need to try your hand at a younger NT?

Possibly an Introverted one whose a little more charming. I don't know where you would find someone like that though...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Jack Flak is young and charming. :newwink:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Say Blue, maybe you just need to try your hand at a younger NT?

Possibly an Introverted one whose a little more charming. I don't know where you would find someone like that though...

No, neither do I.

Jack Flak is young and charming. :newwink:

heeheehee! Watch it Mom! You'll be done for sexual harassment at this rate.
:newwink:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You should date an INTP with some backbone, blue. Regretfully not me, because I shouldn't date an INTP with some backbone.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
:doh:

Olden is not specific enough for the context. It spans a vast period of human (pre)history.

I'm sorry madam, but I'm a little child that seems to need some guidance. Mind pointing out what exactly did I say that is so wrong? I have yet to develop a capability to reply to a picture of an emotion.

I can't remember talking about a specific time period.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think that was exactly her point, that the time period was vague.

Well, I'm trying to explain my opinion, on why I think the reason is why we haven't developed as a completely monogamous species in the evolutionary sense.

I can't see how I would go about describing a specific time period.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that was exactly her point, that the time period was vague.

^ what she said.

It's kinda moot now, since I won the argument anyway.
:smile:

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
Aside from feeling alienated from the cultural stereotype of women, what, generally, do NT women do differently? (i.e. Are they more emotional, better at relationships, less agressive? Do they desire more to get married and have kids than their male counterparts? etc) This is something I've been interested in, but alas, I am the only NT female I know of IRL, and my view of myself is ultimately biased.

Well, compared with my ENTJ husband (the NT man I know best) I am more emotional, better at relationships and less aggressive. But I also had less desire to get married and none to have kids.

I would say my NT brother was less emotional and not as good at relationships but about even with me on the rest. So I guess it varies according to the individual.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
^ what she said.

It's kinda moot now, since I won the argument anyway.
:smile:

I'd like to see what school you come from if you say this, the only argument to be won in this fashion is that of a bickering 4-year-olds.