• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do NT women differ from NT men?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rubbish. It's different species by species but human males at least, are just as invested in protecting their young as females are.

Sorry, forgot to qualify that human males specificaly behave the two ways I indicated. Why do you think there are so many studies on it?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I didn't say solely, but yes, biologically more so. Like when you disturb some cubs, it's their mother that attacks you. The father is off impregnating some other bear. Of course, it's a lot different for humans, but there is some degree of similarity.

It seems like a lot of human males in our society act like that- abandon their children for self-gratification.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a lot of small-bodied monkey species, males care for the young - sometimes even more than females after the first weeks. I dunno. Interspecies connections can be made - cautiously - but there's no doubting that we have cognitive abilities beyond other animals and wide variation in our own species.
Yeah. Bonobos got it licked!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It seems like a lot of human males in our society act like that- abandon their children for self-gratification.

That's not to say that we don't have some nurturing instincts or tendencies.

centerofthesun

MBTI Type
INTx
Male bears also kill the female bears over food in the non-mating season. Want to assign some human meaning to that, too?

No, that's alright. The example I gave before (about men sleeping around) has played a part in society and religion. You hear a lot about female virginity in the Bible, but there's barely a mention of male virginity; just adultery in general. That's ust one example of blology manifesting itself in human society.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's not to say that we don't have some nurturing instincts or tendencies.

It's just that some of us have more of it than others. For many maturity plays into the existence and intensity of those tendencies, but not all the time. Upbringing can also adjust those tendencies a little.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
You know what's funny, if I wear a suit or am dressed up elegantly for, say, going to the opera, then I become "cold" or "chilly" in some people's perspectives. If I'm wearing kick-around clothes, then I'm just a sweet, shy girl. The same happens with other women who are somewhat reserved in their manners (and probably INT).

The cuddly boob says it right. These are my exact experiences. Just a sweater and a pair of jeans makes me more approachable apparently.

Although you can still see the fire in an NF male's eyes when you're your intimidating self. Really.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yeah, but that's questionable evolutionary strategy.
Abandoning your kids instead of protecting them (by being a good dad) results in greater odds of their LOSING at life, lowering your chance to spread your genes.
It's just that some of us have more of it than others. For many maturity plays into the existence and intensity of those tendencies, but not all the time. Upbringing can also adjust those tendencies a little.
And those who have more of it (good breadwinner, good relationship with kids) help their kids spread their genes.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The cuddly boob says it right. These are my exact experiences. Just a sweater and a pair of jeans makes me more approachable apparently.

Although you can still see the fire in an NF male's eyes when you're your intimidating self. Really.

We make it that obvious, don't we... :doh: :blush:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Kitty,

It's in the eyes - dreamy-admiring "ohhh, strong woman-ish"...a bit shy sometimes. Very charming.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kitty,

It's in the eyes - dreamy-admiring "ohhh, strong woman-ish"...a bit shy sometimes. Very charming.

I thought you girls run from that...

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I thought you girls run from that...

Depends, I do not like to be put on a pedestal and I want an equal, not a doormat, so when I get codependent vibes, I do run. Some of you are wildly interesting creatures, though, and don't only need a shoulder to lean on or someone to affirm your existence by loving you (which is really run material), but have a sense of self that is quite impressive indeed. And are funny. And quirky. And make me feel safe. And smile knowingly at my bizarre attempts at dealing with feelings.

Male NFs and female NTs are probably better when they've matured a little.

Cuddly boob, you have no say in this.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends, I do not like to be put on a pedestal and I want an equal, not a doormat, so when I get codependent vibes, I do run. Some of you are wildly interesting creatures, though, and don't only need a shoulder to lean on or someone to affirm your existence by loving you (which is really run material), but have a sense of self that is quite impressive indeed. And are funny. And quirky. And make me feel safe. And smile knowingly at my bizarre attempts at dealing with feelings.

Male NFs and female NTs are probably better when they've matured a little.

That's funny, I'm looking for someone who is going to walk beside me, not ahead of or behind me.