Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Who you kiddin'?
    Still hoping for that box to open?

Grab your lead, you've pulled.
    I lead not for it is up to the individual to save their own soul. However, when Bassanio chose the lead box Portia gladly wed him.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

my 2p worth

Women have a harder time with their T function - I think everyone expects women to be less rational, and it can be intimidating to have a strong T.

I also think both NTP and NFP women tend to be more flakey, they jump from subject to subject and sometime lack focus, however both sets of women seem to be a lot more creative than J types.

I did a MBTI thing with my team last week. Myself and one other girl were P types, and the rest of the team were J's. We are both loud, colourful people and very creative. She is a better communicator because she is co-operative and sensitive to people far more than I am. Both my boss and one of my collegues are ENTJ, they value my rational nature and in soem ways are softer because they are less hard line than I am.

I would say that other women give me less crap in difficult situations because they know they can't turn the water works on if they are being challenged, and they would with a man.

I have a lot of NTs in my life so I can see how they are different, mainly they are really solid thinkers which I absolutely adore.

Lis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Yeah, but that's questionable evolutionary strategy.
    Abandoning your kids instead of protecting them (by being a good dad) results in greater odds of their LOSING at life, lowering your chance to spread your genes.

And those who have more of it (good breadwinner, good relationship with kids) help their kids spread their genes.
    But if we're talking evolutionary behavioralism here, the only behavior in the male that is mandatory is the "spreading of the seed" because the female has developed in a way to protect the kids regardless. The kids merely have to survive long enough to reproduce sufficiently for genes that contribute to behavior to be passed on. Their quality of life is judged SOLELY on whether they live long enough to reproduce.

Males who abandon their kids are not actually punished; they pass on their "virility factor" behaviorally and otherwise as soon as the egg is fertilized; and since the woman keeps her kids alive long enough for them to procreate (and honestly, they probably procreate sooner due to a host of emotional issues involving unstable family life and absent fathers), well, the behavior perpetuates. Voila.

So in a society where there's not a lot of death, i.e., where the line between life and death is not finely drawn, there can be a lot of behaviors that are still acceptable enough to propagate, even if some behaviors might be better than others.

I guess the question is whether NT moms are devoted enough to keep alive the progency of this loser males. [Maybe it's of social benefit for someone to put her foot down!]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I'm sure the other proven sex differences might come into play too. There are probably fewer female INTP geniuses and retards, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's hard to isolate it down to genetics/hormones or just the socialization that occurs. i wonder what the type development is like across national boundaries where different socialization rules are in effect.

(Sort of like the "women in math" situation.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Since those statistics are taken from the general population of women, is it necessarily true that the distribution of geniuses and retards will be the same for every personality type?

Same with men. How do we know that NT men will have more geniuses and retards than those in the middle ground in-between? It could be the case that there are more genius NT men and very few retards (not saying that it is), which would not reflect what the general trend is in the population of men. But there really isn't any reason to believe that because, overall, men have more geniuses and retards than women, that populations of INTP men or women will reflect this phenomenon.
    I agree with Booya. Basic genetics says that because men have less genes than we do (the XX contains more genetic information than the XY because the Y is smaller) it means they are rolling far less dice than us.

As a consequence, women gravitate toward the average because they have a larger sample of genes to get them there. Really unintelligent males are more common than really unintelligent females, just like really intelligent males are more common than really intelligent females.
    That doesn't mean it's impossible to get a female at an extreme, but I can't see how booya's point can be contested.

(Which is not to say there aren't sociological reasons, but only that there are strong genetic reasons that one can't ignore.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I agree with Booya. Basic genetics says that because men have less genes than we do (the XX contains more genetic information than the XY because the Y is smaller) it means they are rolling far less dice than us.
    I agree with that concept being in play as an explanation for why there are less extremes in the female INTP population; but it seemed like she was including a lot more things under that very broad umbrella.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Men have more idiots and geniuses. Our bell curve is flatter.

MBTI
    xxxx

Our bell curve is curvier. Nuff said.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Men have more idiots and geniuses. Our bell curve is flatter.
    In contrast to your pot bellies?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    In contrast to your pot bellies?
    Your asses.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Which makes my filter work better...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]