First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Rubbish. It's different species by species but human males at least, are just as invested in protecting their young as females are.
    Sorry, forgot to qualify that human males specificaly behave the two ways I indicated. Why do you think there are so many studies on it?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by centerofthesun View Post
    I didn't say solely, but yes, biologically more so. Like when you disturb some cubs, it's their mother that attacks you. The father is off impregnating some other bear. Of course, it's a lot different for humans, but there is some degree of similarity.
    It seems like a lot of human males in our society act like that- abandon their children for self-gratification.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    In a lot of small-bodied monkey species, males care for the young - sometimes even more than females after the first weeks. I dunno. Interspecies connections can be made - cautiously - but there's no doubting that we have cognitive abilities beyond other animals and wide variation in our own species.
    Yeah. Bonobos got it licked!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    It seems like a lot of human males in our society act like that- abandon their children for self-gratification.
    That's not to say that we don't have some nurturing instincts or tendencies.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Male bears also kill the female bears over food in the non-mating season. Want to assign some human meaning to that, too?
    No, that's alright. The example I gave before (about men sleeping around) has played a part in society and religion. You hear a lot about female virginity in the Bible, but there's barely a mention of male virginity; just adultery in general. That's ust one example of blology manifesting itself in human society.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's not to say that we don't have some nurturing instincts or tendencies.
    It's just that some of us have more of it than others. For many maturity plays into the existence and intensity of those tendencies, but not all the time. Upbringing can also adjust those tendencies a little.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You know what's funny, if I wear a suit or am dressed up elegantly for, say, going to the opera, then I become "cold" or "chilly" in some people's perspectives. If I'm wearing kick-around clothes, then I'm just a sweet, shy girl. The same happens with other women who are somewhat reserved in their manners (and probably INT).
    The cuddly boob says it right. These are my exact experiences. Just a sweater and a pair of jeans makes me more approachable apparently.

Although you can still see the fire in an NF male's eyes when you're your intimidating self. Really.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Yeah, but that's questionable evolutionary strategy.
    Abandoning your kids instead of protecting them (by being a good dad) results in greater odds of their LOSING at life, lowering your chance to spread your genes.
    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    It's just that some of us have more of it than others. For many maturity plays into the existence and intensity of those tendencies, but not all the time. Upbringing can also adjust those tendencies a little.
    And those who have more of it (good breadwinner, good relationship with kids) help their kids spread their genes.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    The cuddly boob says it right. These are my exact experiences. Just a sweater and a pair of jeans makes me more approachable apparently.

Although you can still see the fire in an NF male's eyes when you're your intimidating self. Really.
    We make it that obvious, don't we...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]